8

" Are you sure you don't want me to stay?" Kai asked.
" I'm sure." Harry nodded.
" Haz, this might be the last time we can hang out before I leave for Christmas Break." Kai told him.
" I know, just trust me Kai." Harry said.
" Okay. See you later." Kai sighed and walked off with Ron and Hermione.

" You're not staying with Harry?" Hermione asked.
" He didn't want me to." Kai shrugged and continued walking.
Hermione and Ron looked at each other and rushed after her.
" Ya know, Harry-he uhh he-he's honestly clueless when it comes to girls." Ron tried to help his best mate out.
" Okay? It's totally fine. If he doesn't want to hang out with me that's completely fine." Kai told him.

" So you're not mad at him?" Ron asked.
" Why would I be?" Kai asked.
" I-uhhh-I don't-i mean I guess I just assumed-never mind." Ron stuttered.
" Okay." Kai nodded and started walking again.
She was only a little bit upset. Only because she wanted to talk to Harry today, about Sirius Black and her unsure connection to him. It only seemed right to tell Harry that she might be related to him since ya know-he was trying to kill Harry and all.

The three kids walked to the shrieking shack. Both Ron and Hermione looked terrified, but Kai was bored out of her mind. She didn't believe in paranormal things. Even the ghost she saw everyday in the castle couldn't convince that their were other ghost out there.
Besides even if there were, they could do no harm to anyone.

" Wow this is so interesting. Can we maybe go to the actual village now?" Kai asked.
" Kai, this is the most haunted building in Britain. Did I mention that?" Hermione asked.
" Twice." Ron said.
Hermione looked at him and got suddenly quite.
" Uhh fo you want to move a bit closer?" Hermione asked.
" What?" Ron asked blushing.
" To the shrieking shack I mean." Hermione explained.
" Oh no I'm fine right here." Ron nodded.

" You two are weird. Can we go now?" Kai asked.
" Well, we'll look at we have here. Shopping for your new dream home. A bit grand for you Weaslbee, don't your family sleep in one room?" Draco asked as they approached them.
" I'm sure thats not true, but even so how would you even know? Do you like stalk them or something?" Kai asked
" Be quiet you dirty American." Draco spat.

Kai just chuckled and gave up.
" Shut your mouth Malfoy." Ron stood up for them.
" Oo not very friendly. Boys I think it's time we teach Weaslbee how to respect his superiors." Draco fixed his jacket.
" Hope you don't mean yourself." Hermione scoffed.
" Damn that was a good one." Kai laughed.
" No one asked your opinion you filthy little mud blood. Both of you." Draco spat.

" Wait, what did you say? Mud blood? What does that mean?" Kai asked.
" It's an insult. It means dirty blood." Hermione explained.
" Oh. Okay. So is it one word or two?" Kai asked.
" I-uh what?" Draco asked.
" Like cause I've been getting called that all year and never knew what it meant. I just assumed it was like an inside joke that no one got besides like a certain group of people. Then ya know they would say the joke in public out loud and everyone is like what does that even mean. And their like you know and everyone else like no, no we don't. Is it like that?" Kai asked.

" Uh-I-well no. Everyone knows what it is." Draco said confused.
" Okay back to my first question. Is it one or two words. Because I've heard mud blood and mudblood. So which is it?" Kai asked.
" I believe it's two words." Theo Nott said from behind Draco.
" That's what I was thinking two because, it just doesn't seem like proper grammar for it to be one word. Also it's a stupid made up word and your all dicks." Kai told them.
Then she swing and punched Draco in the face.

Everyone gasped. Draco fell to the ground holding his face.
" You bitch-" Draco got back up and was about to lunge at her when a snowball hit him.
Everyone turned and saw nothing. More snowballs were thrown at them. The boys started freaking out and running away.

Hermione laughed as they ran away. Then her hair was started to get messed with.
" Harry!" Hermione said.
Harry took off his invisibility cloak as he was laughing as well.
" Bloody hell Harry." Ron sighed in relief.
" Uh what that fuck is this?" Kai asked gesturing to the cloak.
" Hadn't I mentioned this? This is my invisibility cloak." Harry told her.
" No you did not mention this." Kai said amazed.

" Come on, I'll make up for it by buying you a sweet at Honeydukes." Harry told her.
" You drive a hard bargain Potter, but I except." Kai nodded and joined by his side as the group started walking back to the village. On the way Harry told them if the Marauders Map.

" Those weasels, they never told me of any Marauders map." Ron scoffed.
" Well Harry's not going to keep it. He's going to turn it into Professor McGonagal." Hermione said.
" Yeah right along with his invisibility cloak." Ron said.
" Yeah I agree that's a terrible idea-" Kai started but was immediately pulled under the cloak by Harry.

Kai was going to question him, but then saw McGonagal getting out of a carriage and started into the Three Broomsticks. Her, Madam Rosmerta and the Minister of Magic were all talking about Sirius Black in whispers.

Harry grabbed Kai's hand and pulled her towards the door after the adults. Still under the cloak the two teens followed them into a room upstairs.

" So what's does Harry Potter have to do with Sirius Black?" Madam Rosmerta asked.
" Do remember back when Black was at school his best friend was James Potter." McGonagal started.
" Yes, those two were always together. They would come in here and make me laugh so hard." Madam Rosmerta reminisced.
" Well they were so close that James and Lily made him their secret keeper. He's the one that told Voldemort where they were. And you remember their other friend Peter Pettgriw? Well he discovered Blacks plot and tied to stop him. Black killed him." McGonagal told her.

" He didn't kill him. He destroyed him. A finger was all that was left." The Minister chimed in.
" That's horrible. I remember that boy, always following after James and Sirius where ever they went." Madam Rosmerta sighed.
" That's not the worst part. Sirius Black was and still remains Harry Potter's godfather." McGonagal said.

Kai's jaw dropped and she turned her head to look at Harry. Still holding her hand, Harry bolted out of the room. Kai followed right behind him. However as soon as they got out side Harry dropped Kai's hand and ran away from her. Kai became visible again and looked back to see Ron and Hermione with worried faces.

" It's not good." Kai told them before they ran after Harry.
They found him by the shrieking shack sitting on a rock. Kai walked towards him and pulled the cloak off him.
" Harry what happened?" Hermione asked.
" He was their friend, and he betrayed them. He was their friend!" Harry yelled the last part.
Ron, Hermione and Kai just looked at one another.

" I hope he finds me. Cause when he does I'm going to kill him." Harry told them.
Kai felt grateful that she hadn't told Harry about her true heritage. She could never tell him now, she could never tell anyone. But Kai was used to keeping secrets, this would just have to be another.