106

Kai sat in the tent the listening to music through her old ass iPod shuffle. The other three were outside trying to destroy the locket. And apparently even joking about trying the killing curse on it was enough for them to ban her from their activities.
                       "Bye, bye miss American pie. Drive my Chevy to the Levee but the Levee was dry. Them good ole boys drinking whiskey and rye-singing this will be the die I die. This will be the day I die." Kai sang as she doodled on a random piece of parchment.
In the week Kai spent with Yelena and her "grandparents" after Nat left, they managed to get her addicted to the song. Nat played it sometimes so Kai always knew the song, but damn the Russians were obsessed with this goddamn song. It was like Tony with AC/DC or Steve with his 40s music.

       The tent flap flew open and Harry stomped in, annoyed. Kai turned her head and smiled at him.
                      "Hey, how'd it go?" Kai asked taking off her earphones.
                      "Not good." Harry flopped on their shared bed.
                      "Oh my poor chosen one." Kai joined him.
                      "I saw a vision." Harry told her.
                     "What was it?" Kai asked running her fingers soothingly through his hair.
                     "Voldemorts looking for something and he thinks a wand maker has it." Harry explained.
                      "Could it possibly be a wand?" Kai smirked.

    Harry looked up at her with a annoyed expression.
                     "Joke, Harold. It's okay to laugh." Kai told him.
He was going to reply but heard Ron's noisy radio from outside and jerked. He hated the sound of it.
                    "Stop. You know it comforts him." Kai pointed her finger at him.
                    "It sets me on edge. What is hoping to hear? Good news?" Harry asked.
                    "Everything sets you on edge. And I think he's hoping to hear no news at all." Kai told him.
                    "Well he'd have a better chance of that if he turned off the damn radio." Harry snapped.

   Kai's jaw dropped hearing him cuss.
                    "Alright that's it, give it to me." Kai held out her hand.
                    "Give you what?" Harry asked.
                    "The locket, give it." Kai replied.
                    "No, I-" Harry started.
                    "Harry James Potter, if you don't give me that locket in three seconds-" Kai full names him.

    Harry quickly took off the locket and handed it to her.
                     "Just please don't put it on. Have someone else, for right now. I can't have you annoyed at me right now." Harry pleaded.
"I'll see if Hermione will take it." Kai stood up and walked out of the tent.
She saw Hermione sitting by herself and was walked towards her.
"Do you mind taking the locket for a bit? Harry's at his limit." Kai asked.
"More than happy to. He nearly hit my head off a minute ago." Hermione took the locket.
"I'm sorry, but I promise I won't let him get that attitude again." Kai told her.
"Well if anyone can do it, it's you." Hermione sighed.

Kai walked back to the tent and saw Harry with his eyes closed. She laid next to him and he immediately wrapped his arms around her and cuddled her closely.
"Don't ever put that locket on. It's pure evil." Harry whispered.
"If you're worried about me getting mad at you I wouldn't worried. I get mad at you without it." Kai teased.
Harry chuckled and squeezed her.
"I love you." Harry told her.
"I love you more." Kai said back.
"Impossible." Harry drifted off.

¥¥¥

The group walked days and days around the country side, Ron wearing the locket almost the entire time. Hiding from Snatchers and and deatheaters. Finally they set up camp in a somewhat safe area. One night Kai was twirling her dagger around her fingers while Hermione gave Harry a well needed haircut and Ron well-he was just kinda staring.
"Oh my god." Hermione suddenly stopped and stood up.
"What?" Harry's hands flew to the back of his head.
Kai chuckled and walked towards Hermione.
"I'll tell you in a second." Hermione started reading.
"Maybe you could tell me now." Harry followed as well.
                         "Kai's dagger that Dumbledore left her and the sword of Gryffindor are goblin made." Hermione told them.