42

Nat and Kai were back at the hospital waiting for Steve to show up to get the flash drive they had already taken. Kai watched out the window of a near by room and saw a man with a hood in with unmistakable blue eyes walked in.
" You're up." Kai told Nat.
She nodded and walked out. Kai watched as Steve turned around to look at her. No words were exchanged and he looked to the side and saw Kai in the window. He grabbed Nat and pushed her back into the room with Kai.

" Where is it?" Steve asked.
" Safe." Nat said.
" Do better." Steve told her.
" Where did you get it?" Nat asked.
" Why would I tell you?" Steve retorted.
" Fury gave it to you. Why?" Nat asked.
" What's on it?" Steve asked.
" I don't know." Nat said.
" Stop lying." Steve told her.
" I only act like I know everything, Rogers." Nat told him.

" I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" Steve asked.
Nat glanced over at Kai.
" Well makes since the ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you." Nat said.
" I'm not going to ask you again." Steve told her.
Again Nat look at Kai. She gave her a hesitant nod.

" I know who killed Fury. Most of the intelligent community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Solider. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years." Nat told him.
" So he's a ghost story." Steve said.
" Five years ago I was escorting a nuclear engineer out of Iran. Somebody shot out my tires near Odessa. We lost control went straight over a cliff. I pulled us out, but the Winter Solider was there. I was covering my engineer, so he shot him straight through me. Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye-bye bikinis." Nat explained.

" Yeah I bet you look terrible in them now." Steve said.
Kai's eyes widen and the very smooth flirting done on Steve's end.
" Going after him is a dead end. I know I've tried." Nat said before looking at Kai.
Kai reached into her pocket and pulled out the flash drive before tossing it to Nat. She caught it and held it in front of Steves face.
" Like you said he's a ghost story." Nat said.
" We'll let's find out what the ghost wants." Steve said taking the flash drive.

¥¥¥

After changing clothes and stealing a car the three made their way to the mall.
" The first rule of going in the run is don't run, walk." Nat told Steve as they walked through the mall.
" If I run in these shoes they're gonna fall off." Steve said.
" Why did you two have the dress like your the most annoying millennials ever? Like seriously it's so embarrassing walking around with y'all." Kai told them.

" What's a millennial?" Steve asked as they walked into a computer store.
" I'll explain later." Nat said.
They walked to a computer store.
" The drive has a level six homing program. Meaning as soon as we boot up S.H.I.E.L.D will know exactly where we are." Kai explained.
" How much time do we have?" Steve asked.
" Uh about nine minutes from now." Kai said as she plugged in the flash drive.

" Well Fury was right about the ship. Somebody's trying to hide something. This drive is protected by some sort of AI. It keeps overriding itself. " Nat said.
" Can you over override it?" Steve asked.
" The person who developed this is slightly smarter than me. But luckily for us their probably not smarter than Kai." Nat said moving over to the side.
" Let me see." Kai said as she looked at the computer and started typing.

After a second Kai realized what they needed to do.
" The page is too heavy for this computer to handle. We're going to have to go straight to the source." Kai told them.
" How do we do find that out?" Steve asked.
" We find out like....this." Kai said clicking a few buttons.

" Can I help you guys?" An employee asked walking up to them.
Kai clicked to the map on the computer.
" Oh no, my fiancé was just helping me with some honeymoon destinations." Nat said hugging Steve.
" Right. We're getting married." Steve said.
" And obviously they had to bring they maid of honor to make sure their honeymoon is acceptable. Ya know just little sister things." Kai smiled.

" Congratulations. Where are you guys thinking about going?" He asked.
" New Jersey." Steve said hiding the computer screen so Kai could continue her work.
" Huh. I have the exact same glasses." He told Steve.
" Wow you two are practically twins." Nat said and Kai couldn't help but smirk as she continued working.
" Yeah I wish. Specimen. Um if you guys need anything. I've been Aaron." He said.
" Thank you." Steve smiled.

" I hate millennial humor." Kai sighed.

( anyone of the millennial generation reading this I promise I love you guys <3)

" Do you have it?" Steve asked.
" Relax." Nat told him.
" Got it." Kai said as Steve looked over her shoulder.
" Do you know it?" Nat asked.
" I used to. Let's go." Steve said as he pulled out the flash drive.
They started walking through the mall towards the exit.
" Standard tac team. Two behind us, two on the sides, and two coming straight at us. If they make us, I'll engage, you and Kai hit the south escalator to the metro." Steve said.
" Shut up and put your arm around me and laugh at something I said." Nat instructed.
Steve did as he was told and they walked straight pass the two agents.

They got onto the escalator when Kai saw Rumlow.
" Guys we got a watcher." Kai said before grabbing out her phone and looked down.
She was pretending to text and had her hair covering her face.
" Kiss me." Nat told Steve.
" What?" Steve asked.
" Public displays of affection make people very uncomfortable." Nat told him.
" Yes they do." Steve nodded.
Nat grabbed him by the neck and pulled him down into a kiss. They kissed for a minute as they past Rumlow.

Once they were clear Nat pulled away and Kai looked up.
" Still uncomfortable?" Nat asked walking down the escalator.
" Uncomfortable isn't the word I would use." Steve said.

" Ew y'all are gross. Exchanging in pre-marital kisses." Kai teased.
" Says you." Nat said.
" This isn't about me." Kai said as they walked out of the mall.

Authors Note: What's up my loves. How are you all? I hope you're enjoying Kai Romanoff, I love writing it so I hope you all love reading it. I wanted to let y'all know that I do have a playlist for this story you guys can find on my Spotify. It's called Kai Romanoff, it doesn't have the same picture as the story but it's the right one I promise. Okay that's all from me my loves, happy reading. And I hope you have an amazing day or night depending on when your seeing this <333