25

October rolled around and the students of Beauxtons and Drumgstrang arrived at the school. Everyone was at the welcome feast where Dumbledore was to make a big announcement. All except Kai. She was in her dorm staring at two letters.

One was from Nat. Apparently Happy was in a coma from an explosion. She was in DC with Steve and working on tracking down some French guy.

The other letter was from Kai's mystery friend. She hadn't heard anything from them for almost two months, but now tonight they decided to write her again. The letter again was written in Russian and read:
" Wonder who I am? Someone that should be gone. But I'm not youngling."
It had to be Draykov. There was no other reasonable explanation for it. He some how survived the explosion. But why after all these years was he now coming after Kai.

Was he coming after Nat next? Clint? Laura? The kids? If he knows where she is, does that mean he'll come after her friends? Harry? The Weasley's?

There was no way to completely sure. All Kai could do was sit and wait for him to reveal himself and be prepared. And hopefully he'll reveal himself before someone innocent gets hurt.

¥¥¥

Kai walked towards the Great Hall just as everyone was leaving and returning back to their common rooms. She found her friends and gave them a small smile. They rushed to her.
" Kai, where we're you?" Harry asked.
" Yeah you missed an amazing feast. And guess what. We're having a tournament." Ron told her.
" That only students seventeen and eight teen can enter." Hermione reminded.

" Yeah the twins were not happy about that." Harry chuckled.
" Students have died from it." Hermione said.
" What? And they're letting students compete?" Kai asked.
" One student from each school." Ron told her.
" Well good thing that none of you or the twins can enter. No reason to be yourself in dangerous situation. You already live in one." Kai said.
" But winning this could mean eternal glory." Ron told her.

" No such thing." Kai shook her head.
" You're extremely optimistic tonight. What's going on?" Harry asked.
" I can't talk about it here. We have to go somewhere no one else can hear." Kai told them.
" I know just the place." Harry grabbed her hand.

He started leading them down the hall ways and up the stairs until they reached the seventh floor. They went into what looked to be an abandoned classroom and shut the door behind them.

" What's going on Kai?" Hermione asked.
" You remember when I got that package about two months ago. With the pointe shoes in it?" Kai asked.
" Yeah." Hermione nodded.
" There was a note with them. It said that it was time for me to come home, where I belong. Referencing the Red Room. I burn the letter and shoes. Tonight I received another letter." Kai explained and pulled the letter out of her back pocket and handed to Hermione.

" It's says that the person that is sending me these are believed to be dead but is obviously not." Kai told them as she lend against a desk and crossed her arms.
Hermione examined the letter.
" Who do you think is sending you these?" Harry asked.
" It has to be Draykov. The man who ran the Red Room. I thought he was dead. No I was sure he was dead." Kai said.
" How could you be sure?" Ron asked.

" Cause I helped kill him." Kai told them.
" You we're only seven." Harry said.
" I've been trained to do terrible things since I was two." Kai shrugged.
" Kai...how worried are you about this?" Hermione asked still holding the letter.
" Extremely. Why?" Kai asked.
" Because this letter was written with a quill not a pen." Hermione told her.

" What?" Kai walked towards her and looked at the letter.
" You can't make these strokes with a pen. The ink is also too watery. This is a freshly written letter. Meaning the person that's sending you these is a lot closer then you think." Hermione told her.
Kai took the letter from her and stared at it.
" Good." Kai said.

" What? Good? I believe this is exact opposite of good." Ron said.
" If Draykov is close to me then that means he's not close to Nat or Clint. When he comes after me I can take him down." Kai said.
" If this guy is really making you the S.H.E.I.L.D agent that nervous that means he's extremely dangerous." Hermione said.
" He is, which is why I need you guys to stay alert and even away from me." Kai told them.

" Yeah like I'm doing that. We're here to help you. We may not be super spy's but we've handled our fair share of grownups trying to I kill us." Harry told her.
Kai looked at Hermione and Ron and they nodded.
" Okay. But if anything happens to any of y'all I'm going solo on this." Kai sighed.
" Deal." Hermione said.
" Okay. Now let's go down to the kitchens I'm starving." Kai told them.

                                       ¥¥¥

Kai snuck back into the Slytherin common room way past curfew. As she was creeping back to her room she heard sniffling. Kai saw Draco in one of the arm chairs with his head in his hands.
" Malfoy?" Kai asked.
" What do you want? You filthy mud-you blood traitor." Draco looked up at her.
" Listen, I've never had a cousin before so I don't really know what the protocol is-but I'm going to pretend you're not an asshole and ask what's wrong." Kai said.

" Nothings wrong. It's stupid." Draco told her.
" If it's upsetting you, then it's not stupid. Come on, I'm not going to tell anyone." Kai sat next to him.
" It's my dad. Because of the tournament Quidditch got canceled. And this was finally my year to prove to my dad how great of a player I am. I wanted to make him proud. And this entire summer he's been-more cruel than usual. Like I said, it's stupid." Draco explained.
" It's not stupid. It's natural for kids to want their parents approval." Kai told him.

" Says the orphan." Draco scoffed.
Kai looked at him unamused.
" I'm sorry. I didn't mean too-" Draco started.
" It's alright. You're not wrong. I am a lonely orphan with no mom or dad." Kai joked.
Draco chuckled. Kai smiled back at him.
" I wish you're parents were still alive. Mum tells my you're dad was an amazing person. Maybe I could have stayed with y'all during the summer instead of my house." Draco spoke before really thinking about his words.

" In another reality maybe. But just because we didn't grow up close doesn't mean we have to hate one another." Kai said.
" I don't know how to be friends with people with different opinions than me." Draco admitted.
" Good thing I'm you're cousin then. I'll see you later Malfoy." Kai stood up.
" See ya Romanoff." Draco said.
Kai gave him a nod before walking to her dorm.