44

Steve groaned as he pushed the large pieces of concrete off of them. Kai coughed and helped pull an unconscious Nat up out of the ruble.
" Are you alright?" Steve asked.
" I think my shoulders dislocated." Kai said grabbing her shoulder.
Steve picked Nat up and Kai grounded her teeth and popped her shoulder back in.
" Mm fuck." Kai said.
Steve was about to check on her but helicopters and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents started at them.

" Come on." Steve told her before they ran as fast as they could away from the scene.

                                       ¥¥¥

Before Kai knew it they were back in DC knocking at Steve's friend Sam Wilson's door. He opened the sliding glass door.
" Hey man." Sam said.
" I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low." Steve told him.
" Everyone we know is trying to kill us." Nat told him.
" Yeah of you couldn't tell by our current state." Kai said referring to their rough looking appearance.
" Not everyone." Sam said before letting them inside.

" Thank you Sam." Steve said.
" Not a problem Cap. Bathrooms down the hall, in that bedroom." Sam told them.
" Thank Merlin." Kai said looking at her dust covered arms.

                                       ¥¥¥

After Kai showered she walked into the living room wearing her freshly dust off jeans and her sports bra. Her leather jacket was laying on a kitchen chair and her shirt was in the dryer. She walked towards her jacket and put it on. Not that she was wearing anything revealing or that she was self conscious of her body but she found herself getting the chills every few minutes.

" So uh ya'll like eggs, bacon and toast?" Sam asked.
" Live off it. You got orange juice?" Kai asked.
" Yeah." Sam nodded and pulled out a container of orange juice.
Then he pulled out a cup from the cupboard and poured her a glass. He slid it to her and she nodded gratefully. Kai took a long drink.
" Thanks for this by the way. Not many people would be willing to hide us." Kai told him.

" Yeah well, I'm not most people. You guys seem like good people in a big misunderstanding. I've been there." Sam told her.
Kai heard the door of them bathroom open.
" Nat's out of the shower. I'm going to see if they want any food." Kai said.
" You got super human hearing or something like that?" Sam asked.
" Something like that." Kai chuckled before walking away.

¥¥¥

" So the question is who at S.H.I.E.L.D. could launch a domestic middle strike?" Nat asked as they sat in the living room.
" Pierce." Steve said.
" What happens to be sitting at the top of the most secure building in the world. Perfect." Kai said.
" But he's not working alone. Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve said.
" So was Jasper Sitwell." Nat said.
" So the real question is how do two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D. officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked.

" The answer is you don't." Sam told them tossing something into the table.
" What's this?" Steve asked.
" Call it a resume." Sam told him.
" Is this Bakhmala?" Nat asked picking you a paper.
" The Khalid Khandil mission. That was you?" Kai asked.
" You didn't say he was a Pararescue." Nat looked at Steve.
" Is this Riley?" Steve asked.

" Yeah." Sam nodded.
" I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPGs. What did you use? A stealth chute?" Nat asked.
" No. These." Sam said handing Steve a file.
He looked at them.
" I thought you said you were a pilot?" Steve said.
" I never said pilot." Sam smirked.

" I can't ask you to do this Sam. You got out for a good reason." Steve shook his head.
" Dude, Captain America nerds my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam told him.
" Where can we get our hands on one of these things?" Steve asked.

" The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Sam told them.
Steve looked at the girls. They gave him an identical shrug.
" Shouldn't be a problem." Steve nodded.

¥¥¥

Kai sat on top of a roof waiting for Sitwell to arrive. Finally the door busted open and Sitwell, Steve and Nat walked onto the roof. Well actually Steve kicked Sitwell onto the roof.
" Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve said.
" Never heard of it." He said walking back towards Kai unknowingly.
" Uh un stop right there wouldn't want this to go further in." Kai said grabbing his shoulders and pressing a dagger to his back.

" What we're you doing on the Lemurian Star?" Steve asked.
" I was throwing up I get sea sick." Sitwell said.
Steve looked at Kai and she pushed him toward Steve. He grabbed Sitwell and lend him over the edge.
" Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're going to throw me off the roof? Because it's really not you're style, Rogers." Sitwell taunted.
" You're right. It's not. It's hers." Steve said moving aside.
Then Nat kicked him off the roof.

" Oh wait what about that girl from Accounting, Laura-?" Nat started.
" Lillian. Lip piercing right?" Steve asked.
" Yeah she's cute." Kai said.
" Yeah I'm not ready for that." Steve said.
Then Sam flew Sitwell back on the roof.
" Well back to the show." Kai said as they walked towards Sitwell.

" Zola's algorithm is a program for choosing Insights targets." Sitwell told them.
" What targets?" Steve asked.
" You. A TV anchor in Cairo, the Under Secretary of Defense, a high school valedictorian in Iowa City, Bruce Banner, Stephan Strange, anyone who's a threat to HYDRA. Now or in the future." He told them.

" In the future? How could it know?" Steve asked.
" How could it not? The 21st century is a digital book. Zola taught HYDRA how to read it. Your bank records, medical history, voting patterns, emails, phone calls, your damn SAT scores! Zola's algorithm evaluates peoples past to predict their future." Sitwell explained.
" What then?" Steve asked.

" Oh my god Pierce is going to kill me." He said.
" What then?" Steve asked.
" Then the Insight hellicarriers scratch people off the list. A few million at a time." Sitwell told them.