54

About two days later Kai and Harry still hadn't spoken and Kai was sitting in the greenhouse reading her dads diary.
" Surprised to see you in here." A voice said knocking Kai out of her thoughts.
Kai smiled as she saw who it was.
" Yeah, I know this is Hufflepuff territory but it was the only place that was silent." Kai told him.
" Always happy to share my hiding spots with a friend." Cedric smiled sitting next to her.

" Thanks." Kai said.
" What do you have there?" Cedric asked gesturing to the black book in her hands.
" This is the diary my dad kept during his years at Hogwarts. Well at least 1st through 3rd year." Kai told him.
" Doing some family history?" Cedric asked.
" Something like that. I'm actually glad your here, I wanted to ask you how you are?" Kai said.
" I'm assuming you and Harry have also been the topic of everyone's conversations." Cedric said.

" Yeah, are you okay? Has anyone been giving a hard time?" Kai asked.
" Why are you going to beat them up for me?" Cedric teased.
" If I have too." Kai said with a small smile.
Cedric chuckled shaking his head.
" No I'm okay. It's been a lot more of did I really see you-know-who or was it maybe a delusion I had because of my head injury." Cedric told her.

" You-you don't think that right?" Kai asked.
" No, no of course not. I know what I saw, and I know you and Harry saved my life." Cedric told her.
Kai nodded her head and sighed in relief.
" I do feel a bit guilty though." Cedric said.
" Why?" Kai asked.
" I feel like-no I know I haven't been standing up for you two as much as I could have been. It's just I don't really want to think or talk about that night. All I want to do is finish school and move to New York and work at Stark Industries. I don't want to deal with all of this, but I know that's unfair to you and Harry." Cedric admitted.

" Hey it's okay. You shouldn't had to deal with all of this. And don't worry about me and Harry we can handle ourselves." Kai assured him.
" How have you two been?" Cedric asked.
" Not extremely amazing actually. He's actually pretty upset with me right now." Kai sighed.
" Well I'm sure whatever you two are fighting about will blow over soon enough. I don't think either of you can go more than a week without talking to each other." Cedric said.
Kai chuckled.

" How are you and Cho?" Kai asked.
" I broke up with her over the summer." Cedric said.
" Oh I'm sorry, why?" Kai asked.
" Well I realized that when I start my job at Stark Industries that I didn't want anyone slowing me down, and that's when I realized that I didn't love Cho, because I know that I wouldn't feel that way if I really loved someone." Cedric told her.
" Wow, that's actually very mature of you." Kai nodded.

" Plus she was cheating on me with Micheal Conor's." Cedric added.
" Ah well, then yes breaking up was definitely the best thing to do then." Kai said.

¥¥¥

Kai walked back into the castle and saw a sign hanging up saying that Umbridge had been appointed High Inquisitor. Kai bite her tongue, anger rushing through her veins. Someone stood next to her, she immediately knew who it was by the smell of their cologne.

" I know what you're going to say, and just save it. I know this is my fault no need to feel even more like shit about it." Kai said.
" I don't want to make you feel like shit my love." Harry told her.
Kai turned to look at him.
" I'm sorry okay. I did what I thought was best and just came back to bite me in the ass." Kai shook her head.
" McGonagal had multiple reports on Umbridge. If it wasn't you it was going to be somebody else. But at least now Umbridge knows we won't just lay down and die, well you at least." Harry smiled at the end.

Kai chuckled and a small smiled formed on her lips.
" Can you forgive me?" Kai asked.
" Only if you can forgive me for snapping at you." Harry said.
" Already forgiven." Kai said pulling him into a hug.
" I love you Kai." Harry told her hugging back.
" I love you more." Kai said.
" Impossible." Harry kissed her cheek.

                                       ¥¥¥

As the weeks went by more and more signs were hung with ridiculous new rules. But one day while Umbridge was observing potions...

" Miss Romanoff." Umbridge said.
" Yeah?" Kai asked looking away from Pansy who had been telling her a story.
This year the Slytherins and Ravenclaw's had potions together so Kai was sitting with Draco, Pansy, Blaise, Theo, Daphne and Millicent.
" It seems your trousers are ripped, in varies places." Umbridge said.
Kai looked down at her jeans and then looked back up.
" Very good observation." Kai said back.

Her friends all covered their mouths to conceal their snickers.
" Is there any particular reason why you're not wearing school issued trousers or a school issued skirt?" Umbridge asked.
" Because they're fucking ugly." Kai told him.
" Miss Romanoff have you forgotten what I taught you in detention?" Umbridge tutted.
" Of course not, I tatted it on my hand see." Kai held out her.

And sure enough the phrase " I must be respectful to my superiors." was written in ink on her skin.
" Did you know there's a tattoo spell? Guess magic isn't useless." Kai smiled.
Umbridge stood speechless for a moment.
" Professor, I believe it's time for your evaluation on the frog choir. Their practice begins in five minutes." Snape said walking up behind them.
" I-yes I must be going." Umbridge regained her composer and walked out of the classroom.

" Well why are you all just sitting here?" Snape asked.
" We've all finished our potions sir." Theo told him.
Snape raised his brow.
" Excellent. Ten points to Slytherin." Snape said before walking away.
The Slytherins all smiled at one another, proud of themselves.