108

Apparating in the middle of a quiet cobble street covered in snow the trio looked at the sight around them.
                      "I still think we should have used polyjuice potion." Hermione said.
                      "No. I was born here. I should be here as myself not someone else." Harry told her.
They continued walking as a bell tolled and Harry instinctively grabbed Kai's hand and interlocked their fingers tight. Two men walked out of a house cheering happily.
                       "I think it's Christmas Eve. Listen." Hermione said.
Carol's could be heard singing from a choir off in the distance as the bells continued. They stopped outside a graveyard.
                       "Do you think they'd be in there? My mum and dad?" Harry eyed the cemetery.

   Kai didn't say anything but tugged him along inside the small graveyard with Hermione following suit. They looked through a few rows till Kai's eyes fell on a headstone with two names. She stopped in front of it and Harry let go of her hand to bend down in front of it. Hermione had walked off a few feet away trying to find it.
                      "Hi mum, hi dad. I'm Harry, your son." He said struggling to hold in his tears.
Kai placed a comforting hand on his shoulder.
                      "And this is Kai. My girlfriend, the love of my life. Don't worry she's taking good care of me for you." Harry told them.
At that Kai also bent down behind him and wrapped her arms around him, pressing her head on his shoulder blade.

    At this point Hermione had found them. Her heart ached for both of them. In the span of six months both of them had been forced to return to the root of all their hurt. She bent down beside them and pulled out her wand, creating a small reef of white flowers before standing up again. Kai patted Harry's shoulders before standing up. Harry wiped his tears and stood as well. He wrap on arm around each of the girls.
                         "Merry Christmas Hermione. Merry Christmas my love." Harry said.
                        "Merry Christmas Harry." Hermione said.
                        "Merry Christmas my darling boy." Kai kissed his cheek.
"Guys, I think someone is watching us." Hermione whispered to them.

They looked and saw an old women staring at them.
"I think I know her." Harry said.
They followed her out of the grave yard and through the street towards a house. Harry stopped in front of it.
                           "This is where they died. This is where he murdered them." Harry said.
Hermione and Kai looked at one another both having a horrible feeling about this. Kai looked pass Hermione at the old women and Harry and Hermione turned to look at her too.
                           "You're Bathilida aren't you?" Harry asked.

     She gave a single nod and showed them to her house and brought them inside. Harry helped her light a candle and she started walking up stairs. Harry followed her leaving the girls downstairs.
                           "Something's wrong. I have a horrible feeling about this." Kai told her.
                           "I do too. Just look for the sword so we can get out of her quicker." Hermione said.
Kai nodded the they started searching the downstairs. Kai found herself in a long hall seemingly right underneath where Harry and the old lady were for she could hear their footsteps right above her. She lit her wand and looked around, then she stepped on something and looked down. That's when her heart dropped. She had just stepped on a long ass snake skin.

                           "Harry." Kai said before bolting towards the stairs.
Hermione saw her do this and followed after immediately. Kai ran up the stairs hearing Harry's screams, she opened a door and saw Harry and the snake on opposite sides of the room.
                         "Kai! Run!" Harry shouted.
Kai didn't run though. She pulled out her gun and shot the snake. Giving Harry the opportunity to run into another room. Nagini leaped at him again but this time Hermione shot her with a spell and she fell through the floor boards. Kai rushed towards them jumping over the hole in the ground. She grabbed Harry's wand that he had dropped and gave it to him.

   They waited for Nagini to jump out again and when she did Hermione blasted her with another spell then grabbed Kai's and Harry's hands to apparated away.

                                         ¥¥¥

   Kai had watched over Harry all night and day, worried about his snake bite. She had finally fallen asleep and Hermione stayed with her inside the tent while Harry took first watch. At the soonest light of day Kai had woken up. She squinted looking around the tent, seeing Hermione up and reading.
                         "Did you sleep at all?" Kai asked
                         "Of course I did. For a few hours at least." Hermione shrugged.

  Kai looked around the tent again becoming more aware of Harry's absence.
                            "Where's Harry? Where's the locket?" Kai asked frantically.
                             "He insisted on taking it with him. He's just outside keeping watch." Hermione told her.
Kai paused for a minute. He wasn't. She knew him too well to know he was just outside sitting still. Kai tossed her legs out of the bed and pulled on her boots and started lacing them up.

                            "Going to check on him?" Hermione asked already knowing the answer.
                            "Gotta make sure he's not getting himself into trouble." Kai stood up and grabbed her jacket.
                            "Kai! Hermione!" They heard Harry shouting from outside.
                            "Too late." Hermione said.
They rushed outside and saw a soaking wet Harry.
                             "Are you okay?" Kai asked running towards him.

     She took off her jacket and wrapped it around him.
                            "It's fine. Its actually more than fine." Harry said as Ron came into view.
Kai looked at Ron then looked back at Hermione to see her reaction.
                             "Hey." Ron smiled.
Hermione started stomping towards him. She grabbed the bag off his shoulders and started pushing him.
                             "You complete ass Ronald Weasley! You show up here after weeks! And say hey?" Hermione asked.
Ron looked completely in shock and he looked at Harry and Kai for support.

                              "Where's my wand Harry? Where's my wand? Harry Potter you have me my wand!" Hermione started after him.
Kai moved out of the way as Hermione backed him to a tree.
                              "I don't know! I don't have it!" Harry said.
                             "How come he's got your wand?" Ron asked.
                             "Bro shut up!" Kai said tryna help him out.
                             "Never-mind why he's got my wand. What is that?" Hermione looked at Ron.

       Ron held up the now destroyed locket. Kai felt herself lose her breath at the sight. She walked towards Ron and took the locket from him. If she wasn't a badass she would have started crying tears of joy right then and there. She heard the other three voices around her but it was muffled. It was destroyed. The thing her father had died for, the thing that had been torturing Kreacher for years and years. It was destroyed it was over. She could almost feel her father's spirit starting to rest.

    A hand on her shoulder made her break out of her hypnotic state. She looked over her shoulder and saw Harry.
                            "You alright love?" Harry asked.
                            "I'm fine, actually I've haven't been this optimistic in awhile." Kai smiled.
Harry kissed the side of her head and pulled her into a hug.