20

Kai landed in the London airport, grabbed her bags and walked outside to haul a cab-to Uhh well where ever these directions Ron owled her led to. Let's just say Ron was about good with directions as Christopher Columbus.

" Excuse me, are you Kai Romanoff?" A tall man with long red hair that was tied in a ponytail asked.
" Who's asking?" Kai asked.
" Oh sorry, I'm Bill Weasley. I'm Ron's older brother. My mum sent me to come pick you up and bring you to the Burrow." He explained.
" The Burrow?" Kai asked.
" Our house." Bill clarified.
" Hm, I've called home weirder things. Uh yes I am Kai." She told him.

" Great. Charlie! I found her!" Bill yelled.
Out of no where another tall red head appeared next to Bill.
" Kai this is Charlie, Ron's other older brother." Bill introduced.
" The dragon trainer." Kai realized.
" That's me." Charlie smiled.
" Well you two look friendly enough. I'll go with you." Kai nodded.

" Really that easy? Ron told us you were uh a bit paranoid." Charlie said.
" Oh no I am. It's just I recognize you two from the picture Ron showed me last year. In Egypt. Plus no offense, but I'm pretty sure I could take both of you in a fight so..." Kai shrugged.
" Uh alright, just bruised my ego a little. Why don't we just leave?" Bill suggested.
" Lovely idea Billius." Kai nodded.
" He told you my real name!" Bill exclaimed.
" No." Kai smirked.

                                      ¥¥¥

The three arrived at the Burrow about twenty minutes later. Kai had entertained them with the story of what happened in New York. Apparently, even new stations in the UK were broadcasting the events taking place in the city.
Kai unloaded her trunk and looked at the tall house in front of her.

" Like it?" Charlie asked.
" Yeah. This must have been one hell of a place to grow up." Kai looked at them.
" Yeah it was fun. It's was even more fun moving out." Bill said.
" I second that." Charlie nodded.
Kai chuckled and they walked to the front door.

" Mum! We're home!" Bill called as they walked in.
Kai looked around the house in amazement. There was a scarf knitting itself and sponges cleaning the window seals by themselves. It was magical. A plump woman with short ginger hair walked out of the kitchen and straight for Kai.

Kai was taken back when the women hugged her. She hugged back awkwardly for a second before the woman pulled away.
" Hello dear, I'm Molly Weasley. Ron's told me all about you." Molly smiled.
" Nice to meet you Mrs. Weasley. I'm Kai." Kai said.
" Oh please call me Molly dear. Now the kids are upstairs cooling off. They just got back from playing quidditch. So if you want to head up and say hi." Molly told her.

" Oh yeah perfect thank you. Uh where should I put my trunk?" Kai asked.
" Charlie, take Kai's trunk to Ginny's room please. Oh and Ron's room is on the third floor." Molly told them before walking back in the kitchen.
" You're mom seems nice." Kai looked at the boys.

" Yeah she's the best. Come on I'll take you to Ron's room." Charlie said picking up her trunk.
Kai nodded and they started up the stairs. They walked up to the third floor and Charlie pointed at one of the doors. Kai walked to the door and slightly opened it.

" Everyone's decent I hope." Kai joked as she opened the door.
Harry, Ron and Hermione were sitting on the floor talking when she opened the door. They looked up at her and smiled.
" Kai!" Hermione jumped up and hugged her tightly.
" Hi Hermione." Kai smiled as she hugged back.
" I missed you so much-and I saw you on the news. With the aliens you were fighting them!" Hermione pulled back to look at Kai.

" Oh yeah, that-" Kai tried waving it off.
" You're hurt." Harry said pushing past Hermione and cupping her face.
" What?" Kai asked.
" You have stitches on the side of your head." Harry tilted her head to the side so he could inspect them.
Ron looked over Harry's shoulder at her stitches.
" Huh, wicked." Ron told her.
" I know, pretty badass huh." Kai smirked.

Harry let go of her face and hugged her. Kai hugged back instantly and her stomach erupted with butterflies. They pulled away and Harry stared at her.
" Still beautiful." Harry smiled dumbly.
" It's a curse." Kai blushed.
She turned to Ron and hugged him. Their hug was quick and not as tight as Hermione's and Harry's. But hey that's just their relationship.

" So tell us about New York." Hermione sat her down on Ron's bed and sat in front of her on the floor.
Harry and Ron sat next to Hermione.
" Well- Kai started.
" Kai! We saw you in TV!" Fred said as him, George and Ginny walked in.
" I know. Sit down I'm about to tell the story." Kai told them.
The other Weasley's joined them on the floor and stared up at Kai.

" Ready?" Kai asked.
They all nodded yes.
" Okay so-" Kai started telling the story.

                                       ¥¥¥

Later that night after dinner everyone went off to bed except Kai. She sat in the living room in her sleeping attire and stared out the window. She heard footsteps quietly walking down the stairs. She turned around to see who it was. Harry snuck down the stairs but stopped cold when he saw another person.

" Kai?" Harry asked.
" Harry." Kai said.
" What are you doing down here?" Harry asked.
" I could ask you the same." Kai said as Harry walked to her and sat next to her on the couch.
" I uh-I had a nightmare." Harry told her reluctantly.
" About what?" Kai asked.
" The night my parents died." Harry told her.
Kai nodded understandingly.

" What about you?" Harry asked.
" It's been hard to sleep after what happened in New York. I know it's only been two days-but-I don't want to sleep, I don't want it go back there." Kai tried explaining.
" I completely understand. Do you uh maybe want to lay with me for a while. Just till we get tired enough to actually sleep?" Harry suggested.
Kai felt her heart sped up as she nodded yes.

Harry laid down fully and Kai laid next to him, placing her head on his chest.Harry wrapped his arms around her.
" Is this okay?" Harry asked.
" It's perfect." Kai wrapped her arms around him.
They stayed like that just enjoying the crickets outside and enjoying each other's presence.

" Kai?" Harry asked.
" Hm." Kai hummed in response.
" You kissed me last time I saw you." Harry said.
Kai blushed madly and she chuckled nervously.
" Yeah I guess I did." She said.
" Did you mean what you told me?" Harry asked.
Kai pushed up on her hands and looked at him.
" What do you mean?" Kai asked.
" You told me that I still had feelings for you next year and I asked you out, that you would say yes. Is that still true?" Harry asked.

" Do you still have feelings for me?" Kai asked.
" Yes. And honestly I think they grew deeper from the last time I saw you." Harry admitted.
" Mine too." Kai told him.
" Really?" Harry smiled.
" Yes, extremely." Kai nodded.
" Wow-uh brilliant." Harry said.
" So are you going to ask me out or-" Kai asked.

" Kai Romanoff will you do me the extreme privilege of being my girlfriend?" Harry asked.
Kai smiled, lent down and kissed him. This time Harry kissed her back. After a second she pulled away.
" So is that a yes?" Harry asked.
" It's a yes." Kai confirmed.
Harry smiled dumbly and Kai laid back down, cuddling into him.

He stroked her long hair as again they let the silence absorb them.