62

" Kai, you gotta look at this." Hermione rushed into the Great Hall one day during breakfast.
She sat next to Kai and handed her the Daily Prophet. Kai scanned it.
" Fuck me." Kai sighed.
" What? What is it?" Ron asked.
" Bellatrix Lestrange and nine others broke out of Azkaban last night." Kai said.
" What does that have to do with you?" Ginny asked.

" Bellatrix is one of my deranged cousins. Andromeda's oldest sister. I'm sure Sirius is furious about this-" Kai started but was interrupted by the owls entering the Great Hall.
Leia flew in and landed in front of Kai. She had her own copy of the Daily Prophet. Kai took and unfolded seeing the headline circled in red and an angry face drawn next to it.
" See." Kai said handing the paper to Harry.
" I wonder who else escaped." Harry said.

Just then a terrified thought entered Kai's mind. She opened the paper again and read the ten names carefully. She sighed in relief when she didn't see Barty Crouch Jr.'s name on the list.

" Do you think they'll come here?" Ginny asked.
" No. As long as Dumbledore is here, no deatheater will dare show up here." Harry told her.
That uneasy feeling began to stir in Kai's stomach. She didn't like Harry placing all his trust in one person. Like she trusted Nat with her life but she would never just assume that Nat would be able to take care of everything for her forever. Besides Kai didn't trust Dumbledore. Like where the hell has he been all year? She's barely seen him. And why would he trap poor Sirius all by himself in a house that he was abused in? It just-didn't make any sense. But Kai still needed more time before she went around telling everyone about her accusations.

                                      ¥¥¥

" Make it the happiest memory you have. Let it fill you up inside. Keep trying. A full bodied potronus is the most difficult to produce but shield forms can also be useful against other opponents. Remember a potronus can only protect you as long as you stay focused. This is really advanced stuff guys, I'm so proud." Harry said as he walked around the D.A. class.

He walked to Kai and smiled.
" May I see yours love?" Harry asked.
" Expecto Patrunom!" Kai said holding out her wand and a raven flew out and started flying around the room.
" That's brilliant darling." Harry chuckled giving her a kiss on the side of her head.
" I was thinking of you. I've kinda just blended my favorite memories of us in my head and used that to fuel my potronus." Kai told him.
" I think of you from mine too." Harry told her.

Kai put her wand down.
" I love you Harry Potter." Kai told him.
" I love you more Kai Romanoff." Harry smiled.
" Impossible." Kai smiled back.
Just as Harry was about to lean in for a kiss they heard a bang on the wall. They walked towards the wall where Nigel was. The room continued to shake. A little hole was created in the wall and Kai looked through it. On the other side was Umbridge, Flich and a few Slytherins.

" Bomardo." Umbridge said simply and raised her wand.
Kai ran and tackled both Harry and Nigel out of the way as the wall was blasted in. After the smoke cleared they stood up and saw Draco and pull Cho into view. Kai felt her blood boil, she snitched in them.
" Get them." Umbridge instructed.

¥¥¥

After Dumbledore disappeared, Umbridge became the new Head Mistress, the school basically became a prison and the entirety of D.A. had detention, Kai, Harry, Ron and Hermione walked along the bridge.

" It's not your fault Harry. No one can win against that old hag. Not even Dumbledore." Ron told him.
" I can, it just would mean I'd never be able to see y'all again. Cause I would be a felon, and everything." Kai said.
" It's neither of your faults. If it's anyones it's ours." Hermione said.
" Yeah we talked you into it." Ron added.
" Yeah, but I agreed. I tried so hard to help people. And all it did was make things worse. But it doesn't matter anymore. Cause I don't want to play anymore, it just makes you care more. The more you care the more you have to lose. So maybe it's just better too-" Harry started.

" Better to what?" Hermione asked.
" Go at it alone." Harry said facing them.
" Let me tell you something Harry, the price of being a hero is a big one. But, we need hero's, who are going to stand up for us and never let us down. And not one hero can do it all alone. And once you've decided to be a hero, you can't back out. I'm not going to, I know Hermione and Ron aren't going to. You have to make your own destiny." Kai told him.
Harry didn't know what to say. He knew she was right, but-

" Psst, psst." They heard from in front of them.
" Hagrid?" Harry asked.
" Come with me." Hagrid told them.

                                      ¥¥¥

" Any idea where he's taking us?" Ron asked after they had gotten pretty deep into the Forrest.
" Hagrid why can't you just tell us?" Harry asked.
They stop and let a herd of centaurs ran past.
" I've never seen the centaurs so riled up. Even at the best of times their dangerous. If the ministry restricts their territory much more, their going to have an uprising on their hands." Hagrid said.

" Hagrid what's going on?" Hermione asked.
" I'm sorry I'm being so mysterious, you four. And I-I wouldn't be bothering you at all with it but, with Dumbledore gone, it's likely I'll get the sack any day now. And I just couldn't leave without telling anyone about him." Hagrid told them.
They heard big footsteps approaching.
" Grawpy! Down here, you great buffoon! Oh Grawpy. I brought you some company." Hagrid told him.

Grawpy then started running towards them and the four fifth years ran backwards, but he was stopped by a rope.
" I couldn't just leave him, because he's my brother. Well half brother really. He's not dangerous just a little high spirited is all." Hagrid told them.
Suddenly Grawpy reached down and grabbed Kai.
" Oh shit-" Kai said as she was lifted up.
" Grawpy! We talked about this! That's not polite!" Hagrid told him.

" Hagrid, do something!" Harry stressed.
" You alright Kai?" Hermione asked.
" Yeah, yeah I'm good." Kai said not really that convincingly.
" What do we do?" Ron asked.
" Hello, Grawpy. Am Kai, your new friend. But, I need you to put me down, like now, right now." Kai told him calmly but strictly.
Grawpy then placed Kai back down on her feet. And immediately Harry hugged her from behind.
" Are you okay?" Harry asked.
" Yeah it's okay, I'm okay." Kai nodded.

" Looks like you got an admirer." Ron pointed out.
Grawpy then proceeded to hand both Kai and Hermione a bike handle with bells on them. Kai rung the bell, then Hermione did. Grawpy smiled and rung his own bell.
" He gets his own food and all. It's company he'll be needing when I'm gone. I'm the only family he's got. You will look after him, won't you?" Hagrid asked.
" Yeah, you can count on us." Kai said ringing her bell.

Authors Note: so I'm getting a new phone today, I'm hoping that everything will go smoothly and I won't lose all my progress on here. But that horrible scenario does occur and y'all see someone on here claiming its me, it is. But I really doubt that will happen but better be safe then sorry luv ya <333