76

Kai walked up the stairs to the top of the Astronomy Tower and saw Blaise looking out over the view.
" We couldn't have met in place with less stairs?" Kai asked catching his attention.
" Well I thought you could use the cardio, seems like you were slacking this summer." Blaise looked at her smirk.
" Ha, ha so funny. Now what do you wanna talk about Zucchini?" Kai asked.
" First I just wanted to say I'm sorry and see how you were. I heard about you and Potter." Blaise said.

" Right, well Uhh I'm okay, or I was, seeing him today for the first time was a lot more difficult than I thought it was going to be. I thought I was over him by now, but seeing him today was like I was slung back all the way to day one." Kai confessed.
She could always talk to Blaise easily. Words just seemed to flow around him.
" I understand. Which is way I think you'll like this offer." Blaise started.
" I'm all ears." Kai nodded.
" Okay, so this summer I had a realization. I'm in love with a girl. But the thing I can't be with her because of our families and house and just everything. Plus she kinda hates me. And I thought I hated her too, but I just couldn't stop thinking about her this summer. And I want her so bad, and I think I've come up with a way to win her over. But it's going to be the long game." Blaise explained.

" Okay what does that have to do with me?" Kai asked.
" I'm getting there. One of the reasons she doesn't like me is because of my man whore reputation. So one of the ways I'm going to win her over is by staying single the whole year and showing that I only like her. But the thing is, I don't know how long this is going to take and I cannot not have sex for that long." Blaise told her.
" Oh my dear lord." Kai shook her head.
" Listen, listen, listen before you judge. I've been having sex since I was thirteen I can't just stop cold turkey." Blaise defended.
" I don't think I've heard anything more slutty or douchy in my entire life." Kai told him.

" I'm ignoring you now. So anyways I was thinking I need to find a girl, that's obviously attractive and turns me on, one that's good at keeping secrets, one that won't get emotionally attached and one that needs her own secret sexual relationship because she wants get someone back as well." Blaise explained.
" So basically you want me to be your sneaky link." Kai said.
" You don't have to make it seem so unromantic. Come on you know there is definitely sexual tension between us. And we're so comfortable with one another. Why it be such a bad thing?" Blaise asked.

Kai thought for a minute.
" Okay, fine you've got yourself a fuck buddy Zucchini." Kai nodded.
" I'd like to be know as your nighttime lover." Blaise told her.
" No." Kai said without missing a beat.

¥¥¥

Kai sat by herself at the Slytherin table the next morning. She was eating an apple and reading the daily prophet. A sigh besides her, honestly made her jump and look to her left. Her cousin was sitting next to her. Jesus how long has he been there.
" How long have you been sitting here?" Kai asked.
" I walked with you the whole from the common room." Draco told her.
" Why didn't you say anything the whole time?" Kai asked.
" I'm depressed." Draco let his head fall on the table.

" Yeah join the club." Kai scoffed and looked back at the newspaper.
" Miss Romanoff, Mr. Malfoy, your time tables." Snape held out their schedules.
Kia took her and Snape held out Draco's but he didn't take it and still just kept his head down. Snape looked at Kai. She sighed and took her cousins schedule as well. Snape looked at Draco before flipping his robes and walking away.

Kai looked at her schedule then at Draco's.
" Hey we have Potions together. Wait advance potions? Who the hell put me in an advance class? At this school?" Kai asked.
" You signed up for the same classes as Potter last year remember?" Draco told her.
" Oh yeah. Well this is definitely going to be interesting." Kai said standing up, flinging her bag over her shoulder.
Draco stayed in his spot. Kai rolled her eyes before grabbing his shoulders and forcing him up.