60

Harry and Weasley's went back to Headquarters that night and Hermione and Kai arrived the next morning. They put their stuff upstairs then when down to the kitchen, where Sirius, Harry, Remus, Tonks and new man and woman, Kai had never met.
" Hi." Kai said.
Harry stood up without a word and hugged her. Kai was a little taken back but hugged him just as tight. After a moment they sat down, Hermione as well.

" How's Mr. Weasley?" Kai asked.
" Excepted to make a full recovery." Remus told them.
" Everyone else is with him at Saint Mungos." Sirius explained.
" And these two are-ow Hermione." Kai said as Hermione pinched her best friend for her rudeness.
" You are really the spitting image of Regulus, isn't she Ted?" The woman smiled.
" Practically twins." Ted chuckled.

" You knew my father then?" Kai asked.
" Ha, I should hope so." The woman laughed.
" Kai, this is Andromeda. Tonks mother and my first cousin. And that's Ted, Andromeda's husband and Tonks father." Sirius introduced them.
" So you're the disgraced cousin." Kai realized.
" Really Sirius? That's how you talk about me?" Andromeda said hitting him lightly on the arm.
" No, my father mentioned you in his diary." Kai told her.

" Regulus always did compose the most excellent letters. Talented writer he was." Andromeda nodded.
" You two are part of the order then?" Hermione asked.
" Yes. Since the beginning." Ted confirmed.
" Are you staying here all holiday?" Kai asked.
" Yes. Molly and Arthur are our greatest friends. They helped us in a time of need, it's only right we do the same." Andromeda told them.

" I'm sorry I'm not sure what to do. Do we all just hug and pretend that we're a big happy family when I've known you for about five minutes out of my entire 16 years of life?" Kai asked.
" No, trust us we know us Blacks aren't the most family type people. Me, Sirius and Regulus barely even had a family. We just thought that you should met us. Because after everything we are blood." Andromeda told her.
" Yeah, come on Kai. We could actually be a family." Tonks smiled.

Kai remember all the horrible things her dad had wrote about this " family"
" I don't know if I want to be apart of this family." Kai said standing up and walking out of the room.
They all looked at one other. Remus, Harry, and Hermione all stood up.
" No, I got this. I am her uncle after all." Sirius told them before leaving after her.

As he predicted he found her sitting in Regulus's room. She had another black book in her hand. Sirius sat next to her.
" Years first through third in this one. Fourth through seventh in this one." Kai explained.
" Can I be absolutely honest with you?" Sirius asked.
" Yes." Kai nodded.
" This place growing up was a hell hole. And I bet everything horrible Regulus's wrote was completely true and probably doesn't even say just how sickening it was. And I never wanted to be apart of this family either. I ran away from this family when I was your age. I completely understand that you want to get as far away as you can from this last name." Sirius started.

" However, you know how they say there's a bad egg in every bunch. Well in this case there is a few good eggs. I wouldn't have suggested you to meet them if I didn't think you could relate to them and eventually feel comfortable around them." Sirius told her.
" I just-I can't be put in another situation like-like before. I can't allow it." Kai shook her head.
" Hey look at me kid." Sirius said.
Kai looked at him.
" You and I might bump heads and I know we have different feelings about your dad. But the thing in my life that I regret the absolute most is not taking Reggie that night I left. I could have saved him but I was too caught up in myself. When I met you and saw just how much you are like him, it felt like the universe was punishing even more for my stupid mistakes." Sirius started.

For the first time in a long time Kai felt tears filling her eyes.
" Now, I realize it's life giving me a second chance. I couldn't save my brother, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to do everything I can to keep you safe. It's the same with Harry, I couldn't keep James safe so I have to protect him. I wondered what I was suppose to do with my second chance of life. Now I know. It's protecting you two." Sirius told her.
Kai sniffed.
" I used to hate you, ya know." Kai told him.

" I know. The feeling was mutual." Sirius teased.
Kai chuckled as a tear fell down her cheek.
" Should we like hug or something?" Kai asked.
" Sure, bring it in kid." Sirius opened his arms.
Kai hugged him and hugged her back, tightly.
" He didn't blame you." Kai said.
" I know, he-he was a good egg. And had a pure heart like you." Sirius told her.
" I think I'm a more of a badass though." Kai said pulling away.
" Oh yeah, he wouldn't even be able to compete with you." Sirius nodded pulling away as well.

" Do you think he could have taken it?" Kai asked.
" Reg? Yeah, I mean he had to grow with me. So he knows what's it's like to be out badassed. Noah though? Woo, good luck with that one." Sirius told her.
Kai chuckled and Sirius smiled.

                                       ¥¥¥

" And Daddy's back!" Molly said placing a cardboard crown on Arthur's head.
Everyone clapped and cheered.
" A toast, to Harry Potter. I wouldn't be here with him. Harry!" Arthur toasted.
" Harry." Everyone cheered.
" Okay, okay now presents. Big box for Ron, and Ginny-Fred and George, Hermione and of course Harry and Kai." Mrs. Weasley passed out presents.
Kai smiled and took the wrapped gift. She opened it and pulled out a red sweater with a black K on it.

" Awe you've got you're first Weasley Christmas sweater." Fred teased.
" Oh Fred, stop teasing the poor girl. Welcome to the family Kai." Mrs. Weasley smiled.
" Thank you, I love it." Kai told her.
She slipped off her jacket and pulled the sweater over her head.
" Fits perfectly." Kai smiled.
" Oo I knew you'd love it." Mrs. Weasley said.
Kai looked over at Sirius who was leaning against the door frame. They exchanged a smile before Kai turned back to talk to Hermione.

" You must stop tricking yourself into thinking that they are their parents." Remus said coming from behind him.
" But just look at them Moony. They are. I can't mess it up this time." Sirius sighed.
" James and Regulus's death weren't your fault." Remus told him grabbing his hand.
" Losing you, was." Sirius whispered.
Remus fell silent for a moment. They heard something above their heads and looked up. A mistletoe was growing above them. They looked at each other.

Sirius lend on and kissed his cheek.
" Happy Christmas Remus." Sirius told him before walking away from him.
Remus felt his heart sting. Sirius was right here and yet it felt like he was losing him all over again.

Sirius walked over to Kai and Harry and started talking to them about their gifts. He hid the pain well, but Kai knew better and looked from her uncle to Remus who was still standing under the mistletoe. He caught her gaze and gave her nod before walking the other way, away from the dinning room.