53

Harry, Kai, Hermione and Ron were walking out of potions class when Harry lent over and whispered something in Kai's ear.
" Go on a walk with me?" He asked.
" Now?" Kai asked.
Harry nodded yes.
" You know it's to suppose to snow sometime today." Kai told him.
" Then we better go now before we get trapped in." Harry smirked.

Kai couldn't help but smiled and found herself nodding yes to his plan.
" Hey guys we'll catch up with you two later yeah?" Harry grabbed Kai's hand and stopped their movements.
" Where are you two going?" Hermione asked.
" Just for a walk. We'll be back before dinner." Kai told her.
" Okay..." Hermione said.
" Smooth mate, very smooth." Ron said with a suggestive smirk.

" Their just going for a walk Ronald." Hermione scoffed before walking off again.
Ron followed her but made sure to give Harry a not so subtle wink before disappearing down the corridor.
" I seriously think that Ron's going to die a virgin." Kai said.
Harry chuckled before pulling her the opposite direction. Kai smiled as she caught up with his fast pace.

They rushed out of the dungeons and out of the castle, down towards Hagrid's empty hut. Both a little out of breath, Harry more than Kai, they sat on the grass looking towards the Forrest. Kai rested her head on his shoulder.

" So why the sudden urge, to be out in nature?" Kai asked.
" I don't know, I've just wanted to spend all day out here for some reason. And I wanted you to be with me." Harry told her.
" Such a flirt you are, Potter." Kai teased.
" Only for you darling, you know this." Harry kissed the top of her head.

" How are you?" Kai asked.
" Um fine.." Harry said confused.
" No, really Haz. With all the dreams and Umbridge all up our shit all the time. How are you?" Kai asked moving to sit in front of him.
" I'm-I'm exhausted Kai. Every night I feel like my brain is being torn apart by Voldemort, then it's like I have to try and mend it back together every morning. I-I don't know how to really explain it." Harry told her.
" Trust me, I know exactly how that feels." Kai nodded.

" And I'm just so angry all the time. Except when I'm with you. I feel like you are the only person that this horrible feeling stops around. It's like you're immune to it or something and just being around it makes it easier to fight off." Harry told her.
Kai felt her heart melt at the confession and she swore she feel even more in love with him, if it was even possible.
" Whatever you need me to do I'll do it. For you, because I love you with everything in me, Harry." Kai told him grabbing his hands.

" Well...I did have an idea that might help. And you can say no, if you don't feel comfortable." Harry said.
" What is it?" Kai asked knowing full damn well that whatever it was she'd said yes within an instant.
" Could you maybe come sleep with me in my room at night? I mean like just sleep, not you know like sleep with me. Not that I don't want to uh ya know do that but Ron would be there, and Seamus, and Dean and Neville and-" Harry started.

" Of course. I mean we can at least try it out. I want you to feel better, and anything I can do to help you I'm going to do it." Kai told him.
" I love you." Harry smiled.
" I love you more." Kai said.
" Impossible." Harry said leaning forwards and giving her a kiss.
Kai smiled into the kiss and kissed back. They heard a noise and pulled away. They looked towards the Forrest and saw one of those creatures that was pulling the carriages flying above the Forrest.

They looked at each other before but standing up and making their way into the Forrest. As they walked deeper they saw Luna barefoot feeding the creatures.
" Hello Harry and Kai." Luna said in a dreamy voice.
" Aren't your feet cold?" Harry asked.
" A bit. But unfortunately all my shoes have seemed to disappear. I suspect Nargels are behind it." Luna told them.

" These fucking Nargels are everywhere. You know I lost my good thigh holster." Kai said.
" Tricky little things they are." Luna nodded.
" What are they?" Harry asked referring to the creatures.
" They're called thestrals. They're quite gentle really. But people avoid them because they're a bit..." Luna started.
" Different." Kai smiled looking at the baby thestral.

" But why can't the others see them?" Harry asked.
" They can only be seen by people who've seen death." Luna told them.
Kai felt a little bad at this point. She's seen death, a lot, and most of it was because she had caused it.
" You've known someone who's died then?" Harry asked.
" My mum. She was quite an extraordinary witch. But she did like to experiment, and one day one of her spells went badly wrong. I was nine." Luna told them.

" I'm sorry." Kai said.
" Yes it was rather horrible. I do feel very sad about it sometimes. But I've got dad. We both believe you two by the way. That he-who-must-not-be-named is back and you two fought him, and the Ministry and the Prophet are conspiring against you and Dumbledore." Luna told them.
" Thanks seems you're about the only ones that do." Harry said.
" I don't think that's true." Luna said rolling an apple to the thestrals.

It sniffed it and turned away.
" But I suppose that's how he wants you to feel." Luna said.
" What do you mean?" Harry asked.
" Well if I were you-know-who I'd want you to feel cut off from everyone else. Because if it's just you alone, your not as much as a threat." Luna explained with a small smile.
Kai smiled and interlocked her fingers with Harry's. He turned to her and smiled as Luna threw a piece of meat to the thestrals, who happily gobbled it up.

¥¥¥

Kai and Harry walked hand in hand back into the castle and into the great hall where lunch was being served.
" I talked to Sirius yesterday." Harry told her.
" Did you? How was that?" Kai asked.
" It was good, did something happen between you two? He seemed a lot less stand off-ish when I mentioned you. He was even the one that gave me the idea about us sleeping together." Harry told her.

" I have to admit while you were at the trial this summer, me and my uncle did have a bit of a heart to heart." Kai said.
" That's wonderful Kai." Harry smiled.
" But I still prefer Remus." Kai teased.
" That I can understand." Harry chuckled as they approached Hermione, Ron and Ginny.
" Well how was your walk?" Hermione asked.
" Very enlightening." Kai said reaching over and grabbing an orange out of the fruit bowl on the table.

" Pardon me, Professor but what exactly are you insinuating?" Umbridge's voice was heard from the corridor.
" I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students, you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices." McGonagal told her as everyone walked out of the great hall and into the corridor.
" So silly of me but it sounds as if you're questioning my authority in my own classroom. Minerva." Umbridge said taking a step up the stairs.

" Not at all. Dolores. Merely your medieval methods." McGonagal took a step up.
" I am sorry dear. But to question my practices is to question the ministry and by extension the Minister himself. I am a tolerant woman but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty." Umbridge told her.
" Disloyalty." McGonagal took a step down.
" Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared. Cornelius will want to take immediate action." Umbridge announced before walking up the stairs.

McGonagal looked back the students.
" Back to lunch, the lot of you." She told them before walking away.

" You told her. When I told you not too." Harry looked at Kai.
" I wasn't going to just stand around and let her torture students." Kai told him.
" But I told you not to say anything." Harry argued.
" And I told you, that we had too." Kai argued right back.
" Only bad can come from this." Harry told her.
" Only bad can come from not standing up for yourself and others." Kai rebuttal.

" This is not your fight Kai." Harry shook his head walking away.
" Not my fight? You weren't the only one at that graveyard that night Harry." Kai shouted after him.
" Yeah well I should I have been!" Harry shouted back, turning towards her again.
" Don't push away the people that love you Harry. Because right now, that's all you have." Kai told him before walking away.