31

The champions were all waiting in tent before the first task. Everyone was pacing around except Kai. She sat, reviewing the shield charm Hermione help her work on in her mind.
" Nervous?" Harry asked walking towards her and squatting to be eye level with her.
" Annoyed. I'd wish they'd start it already." Kai told him.
Harry nodded and rubbed her arm comfortingly.

" How are you?" Kai asked.
" Nervous." Harry admitted.
" Yeah it's not going to be a picnic out there." Kai sighed.
Harry stood and started pacing again. He stopped by the edge of the tent and started talking to someone. All at the same time Hermione appeared and hugged Harry as Rita Skeeter snapped a photo.

" Ah young love. If things go unfortunate today you tie might even make the front page. Miss Romanoff how do you feel about this betrayal?" Rita asked.
" хм? что ты имеешь в виду?" Kai asked in a confused voice.
( Hm? What do you mean?)
Rita looked at her confused in return.
" You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends." Krum told her.
" Alright. I got what I wanted." Rita said before walking out.

Kai stood up and Hermione hugged her tightly.
" You remember the charm?" Hermione asked.
" Yeah I got it." Kai nodded as they pulled away from one another.
Dumbledore, Barty Crouch and the advisors walked in.
" Good morning champions. You've waited, you've wondered and now you'll experience something only the five of you can appreciate. What are you doing here Miss Granger?" Dumbledore asked.

" Oh right-sorry, I'll leave." Hermione chuckled nervously before leaving.
" Champions in a circle around me." Barty said.
They all circled around him and took turns picking little dragons out of a bag. Barty held out the bag to Kai. She placed her hand in a pulled one out.
" The Ukrainian IronBelly. The largest dragon breed." Barty told her before he moved on to Harry.

Kai's face dropped of course she'd get this one.
" Hungarian horn tail." Harry said.
" Hey, trade me." Kai whispered.
Harry looked at her unamused and Barty started talking again.
" These represent five very real dragons. All have a golden egg that they are protecting. You must all retrieve the golden egg from the dragon." Barty told them.
" Without dying I'm assuming." Kai added.
" Yes Miss Romanoff, that is the preferred way." Barty told her.

" Okay." Kai laughed to herself.
" Mister Diggory at the cannon you may-" Dumbledore started but was interrupted by the canon going off.
Cedric took a deep breathe and walked out. Kai looked and Harry and reached out for his hand and squeezed it. Harry looked at her and have her a small smiled.

                                        ¥¥¥

After Cedric, Fleur and Viktor had all went now it was Kai's turn. She was about to go out when Harry grabbed her hand. She turned to looked at him.
" Please be careful. Like really Kai, I couldn't live with myself if something happened to you." Harry told her.
" No worries babe. I do things like this on the reg. Ya know except just with the dragon." Kai joked.
" Kai." Harry said.

" I know, I know. I'll be careful. Kiss for good luck." Kai lend forward and pecked his lips just as the canon went off.
" Be safe." Harry said one last time.
" You too." Kai let go of his hands and ran out of the tent.

She walked out and found herself in a pit with rocks. She looked around and saw the golden egg. Kai started walking towards it casually. She heard a whooshing noise and ducked down. A huge tail had went over her. That's when she saw the huge as dragon with an iron stomach.

Kai found herself immediately fascinated by the creature. However the wonder in her was soon replaced by the her survival instincts as the dragon spat fire at her. Kai jumped out of the way behind a rock. She looked around and saw a stack of rocks being held by one boulder.

Kia took a deep breath and stood up.
" Bombardo!" Kai shouted at the boulder.
The rocks started to fall and Kai started running towards the egg. The dragon obviously ran after her. Kai slid and grabbed the egg just as the dragon went to snap at her. She closed her eyes and held the egg. And-and nothing happened. It had worked.

The rocks fell on the dragons tail stopping it inches away from chomping Kai. The huffed angrily.
" Hey, hey. It's alright. Sorry about that, but I kinda need this egg for some reason I wasn't really listening to." Kai told the dragon as she put her hand out and let them sniff her hand.
The dragon looked at her and let it's head drop.
" Misunderstood creatures. I believed that." Kai petted the dragons head.

¥¥¥

Kai sat in the stands with the rest of champions watching Harry. And it was going-well not great. Kai could barely watch Harry get knocked around like a rag doll by the dragon. Finally Harry's fire bolt got to him and he hopped on.
" Good-good-woah no, no not good." Kai said as the dragon broke free from its chain and started flying after Harry.

Harry flew over their section. The dragon followed and almost tore down the entire stand. Everyone jumped to either side and ducked. Kai looked at where the dragon was heading after Harry.
" I don't think that was suppose to happen." Cedric said joining her.
" Don't think? Don't think? Harry's literally going to be eaten by a dragon in the first task!" Kai shouted not necessary at Cedric just in his general direction.

" Miss Romanoff, I'm quite sure Mister Potter will pull through." Snape told her.
" Your confidence isn't helping right now Snape." Kai held her hand out at him.
The other Professor and Ministry officials looked at Snape.
" Miss Romanoff, you cannot talk to you're head of house like that-I should give you detention for-" Snape started.

" Shh-shush I think I see them. I can't concentrate with you talking." Kai shushed him and continued squinting to find Harry.
Snape retreated back down into his seat grumbling.

After another minute they saw Harry riding back on his broom. Kai cheered in relief as Harry grabbed the egg.