96

Budapest

   Kai and Nat walked up the stairs towards an old apartment. Nat started to silently unlock the door.
             "I know you're out there." A voice said from inside.
              "I know, you know I'm here." Nat replied as she grabbed out her gun.
She looked at Kai and gave her the be careful look. Kai nodded and Nat opened the door. Kai pulled out her gun and followed.
             "Then why are you sulking about like it's a minefield?" Yelena asked.
             "Cause I don't know if I can trust you." Nat told her.
              "Funny, I was going to say the same thing. Yet there's two of you and one of me." Yelena said.

They turned the corner and came face to face with the blonde who was also holding a gun threateningly.
                 "That's not very fair." Yelena said.
                "So are we gonna talk about this like adults?" Nat asked.
                "Is that what we are?" Yelena asked back.
                 "Well not me, but I can pretend." Kai fully joined Nat's side as they started walking backwards into a bigger room.

                 "Put your weapons down before I make you." Yelena told them.
                 "You put yours down, like you said, you are at a disadvantage." Nat said.
   They walked into the kitchen and Yelena almost tripped.
                 "Watch your step." Nat teased.
     Yelena just humorlessly chuckled. Then the three stood in complete silence. Then both Yelena and Nat pulled the same move and switched guns, then again. They started fighting without the guns and Yelena banged Nat's head against the door frame. Kai abandoned her gun and grabbed Yelena tossing her against the kitchen cabinets. Yelena swung at her but Kai just ducked and grabbed her throat, slamming her down on the kitchen counter next to the sink.

        "Stay down." Kai told her.
Yelena screamed and smashed a plate over Kai's head allowing her to get free. Kai closed her eyes for a second trying to get of the dizziness. When she looked back up, Yelena was throwing Nat against the door, and she landed in the living room. Kai ran and slid past Yelena so she could protect Nat. Yelena just scoffed and grabbed a kitchen knife. A smirked appeared on Kai's face and she pulled out two of her own daggers.

Yelena came running after her. Kai dodged her attacks and kicked her to the side where Nat was waiting for her. Nat knocked the knife out of her hand but was then thrown against the wall. She grabbed the curtains and started wrapping them around Yelena. However Yelena was able to wrap the curtains around Nat's neck too and when the flipped onto the floor both of them started chocking out.

               "Truce." Nat said in Russian and they both immediately stopped to catch their breathe.
  Kai walked over to them and looked down at them.
               "I can't tell if you both are really good, or really bad." Kai offered her hands to them both.
    Nat immediately took it while Yelena stared at it suspiciously.
              "Перемирие, помнишь?" Kai said.
  Yelena nodded and took her hand and stoop up.

Translation: "Truce, remember?"

                  "You had to come to Budapest, didn't you?" Nat asked as she walked to the kitchen and opened the fridge.
                 "I came here because I thought you wouldn't. But since your here, what bullet does that?" Yelena asked pointing to holes in the wall.
               "Not bullets, arrows." Nat told her.
               "Ah right." Yelena nodded.
              "If you didn't think I'd come here, why did you send me this?" Nat asked pulling out the little red viles.
              "You brought it back here?" Yelena said worriedly.
              "I'm not trying to be your friend, but you need to tell me what that is." Nat told her.

            "It's a synthetic gas. The counter agent to chemical subjugation. The gas immunized the brains neuropathways from external manipulation." Yelena said.
            "Kai translation please." Nat looked at her.
           "It's an antidote to mind control." Kai explained.
           "Умная девушка." Yelena said.
          "естественно." Kai said cockily.

Translation: "Smart girl."
                        "Naturally."

     "Why don't you take it to one of your super scientist friends? They can explain it to you. Tony Stark maybe?" Yelena suggested.
     "Oh yeah we're not really talking right now so.." Nat drifted off.
     "Oh great. Perfect timing. Where's an Avenger when you need one?" Yelena scoffed.
     "Listen I don't want to be here. Me and Kai are in the run you could have gotten us killed." Nat told her.
      "Well what was I suppose to do? You're the only superhero person I know. That was the whole reason I sent it to you. I kept checking the news, expecting to see Captain America bringing down the Red Room." Yelena said before leaving the room.

      Nat and Kai looked at each other with wide eyes. No, no this couldn't be right.
                 "Taking down the Red Room? What are you talking about? It's been gone for years." Kai said as they followed Yelena to another room.
                 "Dreykovs dead. I killed him." Nat told her.
                "You don't actually believe that do you?..you really do believe that?" Yelena studied their faces.
                "Dreykov's dead. It took almost destroying the entire city just to get to him." Nat told her.

               "If you're so sure tell me what happened, exactly what happened." Yelena said.
              "We rigged bombs." Nat told her.
              "Who's we? The seven year old?" Yelena asked.
              "Clint Barton. Killing Dreykov was the final step in mine and Kai's defection to S.H.I.E.L.D." Nat explained.
              "Simple as that?" Yelena shrugged.
              "Yeah simple, that what I'd call imploding a five story building and then shooting it out with the Hungarian Special Forces. Took 10 days in hiding before we could even get out of Budapest." Nat told her.
             "And you checked the body? Confirmed the kill?" Yelena asked.
           "There was no body left to check." Nat said.

          "You're forgetting Dreykov's daughter." Yelena said.
   Both Kai and Nat froze. That was until the ceiling in the living room collapsed and two widows jumped in. Nat grabbed Kai's arm and pulled her into another room, where they listened and tried to come up with a plan. Suddenly Yelena joined them and Nat pushed her against the wall and put her hand over her mouth.

               "We got no other options." Kai pulled back out her daggers.
  Yelena flipped a switch which set of explosions through the house. The three disarmed and ran past the two widows and outside, where of course more where waiting for them and started shooting. They started running up the stairs.
              "Where are we trying to get to?" Nat asked.
            "Motorbike! Easy side of the building." Yelena told them.
  The ran all the way to the roof and slide own it to another one. A widow was gaining in them they grabbed onto the pole and Yelena unlatched it. They kicked off and the pole started to fall towards another building. The widow jumped and Nat grabbed onto her hand so she wouldn't fall. But the widow slashed at her and fell down into the concrete. The pole smashed into the building and Yelena and Kai went crashing into the window but Nat didn't make it and started falling towards the ground, hitting things as she did.

                 "Natasha!" Kai looked over the ledge and shouted.
   Yelena was rubbing her head with her eyes closed.
                 "Come on we have to go." Kai told Yelena.
                 "God, you are resilient." Yelena sighed and they started making their way to the bottom.
  Once they got there Nat was kneeling next to the now dead widow looking shocked. Kai looked at the windows state, this is exactly what happened last year at school.
                 "Do you believe me now?" Yelena asked.
                "How many others?" Nat asked.
               "Enough. Let's go." Yelena said.