10

Winter at Hogwarts started to melt away and warmer breezes started to roll in. Ron, Hermione, Kai, and Harry walked outside one Sunday afternoon.
" Lovely day." Hermione said.
" Beautiful. If only you hadn't been torn to bits." Ron said.
" What? What did I miss?" Kai asked.
" Ronald is under the impression that Crookshanks ate his rat." Hermione told her.

" He did!" Ron retorted.
" Rubbish." Hermione shook her head.
" Harry you've seen the way her devil cat looks at poor Scabbers. Her cat ate him." Ron said.
" Did not." Hermione said simply.
" I feel like I've heard this argument before. Oh wait I have." Kai whined.
Harry chuckled and put his arm around.
" Poor baby Kai." Harry cooed.

" I know, I have a hard life." Kai put her head on his shoulder as they continued to walk to the Black Lake.
They saw Hagrid still in his suit in the lake skipping rocks. Harry and Kai sat on a rock and Hermione and Ron Stood next to them.
" So how did the hearing go?" Hermione asked.
" Well first all the committee took turns talking about why we were there. Then I got up and said Buckbeak was a good boy, always cleaned his feathers. Then ol' Lucius got up, and went on about how dangerous Buckbeak is. Then Lucius asked for the worse." Hagrid told them.

" Oh no, they didn't sack you did they?" Ron asked.
" No I'm not sacked. Buckbeak has been sentenced to death." Hagrid cried.
Kai felt her heart drop, no they couldn't do that to poor Buckbeak.

¥¥¥

" They can't do that to Buckbeak, can they?" Kai asked Lupin that night in detention.
" Unfortunately Mr. Malfoy is very respected and high up in the Ministry." Lupin told her.
" But why? If Draco gets any of his personality traits from his dad, then Mr. Malfoy must be an ass hat." Kai said.
Lupin chuckled.
" You remind me of a girl I used to know back in school." Remus shook his head.

" Who know maybe she was my mother." Kai shrugged jokingly.
" Oh no she wouldn't be-wait. What do you mean by your statement?" Lupin asked.
" I don't know who my real parents are." Kai told him.
" Yes I was aware you were adopted, but you never wanted to ask the adoption agency who your real parents are?" Lupin asked.

" Can I trust you with something that only a few people know about me?" Kai asked.
" Of course Kai." Lupin told her
Kai took a deep breath before she started.

" Till the age of seven, I raised in a place called the Red Room. This place was run by a complete psychopath in Russia. He took young girls from all over the world, and turns them into killers. Into the worlds greatest and deadliest spy's. He trains them from childhood till adulthood. He does this by complete brute force, brainwashing and mind control, and it certainly helps when you tell a girl that her parents never love or wanted her. That the only thing they could be good at was being a Widow. That's what he called us. Widows." Kai explained.

" And you were raised there?" Lupin asked as an overwhelming feeling of compassion washed over him.
" I was brought in when I was no older than a year old, maybe a year and a half. I was taught how to horrific things, and the worse part was.. I was amazing at it. When I was seven Nat-my mom, sister-thing she took me and we left. Then we blew the entire building to bits, with the leader inside. Since then I've been living in another spy agency." Kai told him.

" Are you okay now?" Lupin asked.
" Yes." Kai said a small smile appearing on her face.
" Wow. That's quite the life story. And I thought I had a hard life." Lupin joked.
" I bet you have your own stories. I mean being gay in the time you grew up must have been rough. I mean people are more excepting now, but still it's not completely excepted yet. I can't imagine-" Kai started.

" Wait- how did you know I was-" Lupin started.
" I've know since I first met you. It's very obvious. Not that I'm judging at all, Nat is Bi." Kai told him.
" You knew from the first time?" Lupin asked.
" Yeah it's easy, considering that." Kai gestured to him.
" You just gestured at all of me." Lupin said.
" Exactly." Kai nodded.

Lupin shook his head in disbelief.
" I'm not going to tell anyone, if you'd like to keep the down-low." Kai reassured him.
" Thank you. And of course I won't mention anything you told me." Lupin told her.
" Thank you. Well we've had quite the talk tonight huh Professor." Kai smirked.
" Yes. Probably not the most appropriate to chat like old mates." Lupin told her.
" But I think we're mates." Kai said.

" I'm your professor." Lupin said.
" On the clock you are. We can be friends out of class." Kai told him.
Lupin chuckled and shook his head.
" So friend. Does this mean I can call you Remus?" Kai asked with a smirk.
" No." Lupin told her.
" Damn." Kai mumbled.

¥¥¥

" Okay so, first you see Peter Pettigrew walking around in the map. Then Trelawney tells you that tonight, Sirius Black will come back, reunite with Voldemort and someone will die?" Kai asked.
" Yes." Harry nodded
" Okay, good just making sure I didn't miss anything." Kai said.

" What do you think I should do?" Harry asked.
" Well we have to head to Hagrid's with Ron and Hermione in about thirty minutes. Then we can make a plan." Kai told him.
" No. This is between me and Sirius Black. I'll handle it." Harry told her.
" Your delusional if you think I'm going to let you go after that psycho by yourself." Kai scoffed.

" I told you Trelawney's vision. Innocent blood will be spilt. I can't let that be you." Harry told her.
" And I can't let that be you. Your not winning this argument Harry. After we go see Hagrid, you and I will go after Black together. Period." Kai told him.
Harry wanted to convince her to stay away and safe, but he could tell she wasn't going to change her mind. So he just nodded.