52

" Hey hot stuff." Kai smirked as Harry approached her later that night outside of Umbridge's office.
Harry smiled back at her.
" Hi gorgeous." Harry said placing his hands on her hips.
Kai wrapped her arms around his neck.
" It was very hot seeing you get all riled up this morning." Harry told her.
" Ugh don't even get me started. I've been gaslighted my whole life, I'm not going to let her tell me what happened in my own life." Kai rolled her eyes.

" Have I ever told you that you're the most fearless person I've ever known?" Harry asked.
" Only everyday. But I have a huge ego that needs to be fed so I like it." Kai smiled and lent into him.
Harry lent into her and they kissed. Suddenly the door swung open. Kai groaned as Harry pulled away.
" Come on, let's get this over with." Harry took her hand in his and pulled her into the room.

When they walked in Umbridge was scooping sugar into her tea. Kai looked around at the sickly pink room. This is not how this room used to look when Remus was here.
" Hello children. Please take a seat." Umbridge told them.
They both sat down at an individual desk next to one another.
" You two are going to be doing some lines for me today-no not with your quills. You'll be using a rather special one of mine." Umbridge told them standing and grabbing something that they couldn't see.

Kai's eyes widen. She would have to use a quill? She's just been using a regular pen like her whole time in Hogwarts. Like come on it's the 21st century.

Umbridge placed two black quills on their desk's.
" Now Mister Potter I'd like to write I must not tell lies. And for you Miss Romanoff I'd like you to write I must be respectful to my superiors." Umbridge told them.
" How many times?" Harry asked.
" Well-how about till the message really sinks in." Umbridge said.
" You haven't given us any ink." Harry told her.
" You won't need any ink." Umbridge told him turning away from them.

Kai rolled her eyes and began writing. About three lines in she felt a bit of a sting on her left hand and heard Harry struggling. She turned to look at him but something else caught her attention. On her hand " I must be respectful to my superiors" started to carve into her skin. Her eyes widen and she looked back at Harry. He was staring instantly down at his hand.

Umbridge walked in front of them.
" Yes?" She asked.
" Nothing." Harry said before Kai could say anything.
" Right. Because deep down you know you deserved to be punished. Don't you? Go on." Umbridge said.
Harry immediately grabbed Kai's wrist knowing she was about to go off. She looked at him confused and angry. He just shook his head. Kai bite her tongue and continued writing.

                                       ¥¥¥

" A bitch is what she is. I mean look at your hand." Kai said as they walked to the Gryffindor common room.
" Don't you mean our hands?" Harry asked.
" No I'm completely fine. I kinda think mine is badass for how ironic it is." Kai said looking at her hand.
Harry chuckled as he stared at her lovingly.
" What?" Kai asked looking over at him.

" It's just-whenever I think you're going to zig you zag. You constantly keep me on my toes-and I love it." Harry wrapped his arm around her.
" I think I'm just bipolar." Kai joked.
" Well whatever is, I love it about you. Now really are you okay?" Harry asked.
" Yeah, but I'm pissed. She shouldn't be able to do that just because she's a professor." Kai told him.

" I think we should just keep this between me and you. No need to cause a fuss you know?" Harry said.
" Oh no, I'm going to throw a complete bitch fit. I'm going to have a BF, and I'm going to make it public." Kai said.
" Kai..don't please." Harry shook his head.
" Why? She can't just get away with this." Kai said.
" It's exactly what she wants, to get under our skin." Harry told her.

" She did get under my skin. She physically cut my skin open just to get under it." Kai said as they approached the portrait of the common room.
" Please Kai, don't mention anything about it." Harry told her.
Kai sighed and crossed her arms as Harry said the password. The portrait swung open and Harry started to walk in but Kai stayed put.

" What's wrong?" Harry asked.
" You need to make sure to clean that with soap and water so it doesn't get infected and make sure to wrap it securely-just like I taught you, remember?" Kai told him.
" Where are you going?" Harry asked.
" To take care of my hand. You need to the same, soon, don't wait okay? I love I'll see you later." Kai placed a kiss on his cheek before turning around and walking away.

                                      ¥¥¥

The next morning Kai was sitting in the library reading when she felt someone standing in front of her.
" Morning." Kai lifted her gaze up.
" Give me your hand." Hermione said holding out her own.
" Do you have a preference of which one or-" Kai started but Hermione took her left hand.
" What's this?" Hermione asked looking at the bandage wrapped around her hand.

" I'm assuming you already know." Kai said.
" Why didn't you tell me?" Hermione asked sitting next to her.
" Harry didn't want me telling anyone." Kai told her.
" So you were going to tell me today when we were alone then." Hermione said.
" Exactly." Kai nodded.
" You have to go to someone about this." Hermione told her.
" I Know!-I know that's what I said too. But he doesn't want to give her the satisfaction or something stupid like that." Kai said.

" That's what he told me too. I guess it's not really fair to share something if its effecting Harry too and he doesn't want anyone to know." Hermione said.
Kai sighed and nodded. They sat in silence for a minute.
" So when are we telling McGonagal?" Hermione asked.
" I set up a private meeting with her in a week and I just sent Remus an owl about it." Kai told her.