17

They arrived back at the hellicarrier, and Loki was escorted to his cell. The group at a round table watching Loki through the security cams.
After a minute, the feed was turned off.

" He really grows on you doesn't he?" Bruce asked.
" Loki's going to drag this out. So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked.
" He has an army called the Chitauri. They're not of Asgard nor any world known. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the Earth, in return I suspect the Tesseract." Thor told them.
" An army from outer space." Steve said unamused.

" And I was thinking that nothing could beat last year." Kai sighed.
" So, he's building another portal. That's what he needs Erik Selvig for." Bruce said
" Selvig?" Thor asked.
" He's an astrophysicist." Bruce told him.
" He's a friend." Thor said.
" Loki has him under some sorta spell, along with one of ours." Nat said.

" I wanna know why Loki let us take him. He's not leading an army from here." Steve said.
" I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats.You can smell crazy on him." Bruce said.
" Have care how you speak. Loki is beyond reason but he is of Asgard. And he is my brother." Thor told him.
" He killed 80 people in two days." Kai said.
" He's adopted." Thor said.

" We'll doesn't matter if he's crazy that only makes him more dangerous. And I wouldn't rule out his smarts. Just because he doesn't think like we all do, doesn't mean he's not intelligent. We have to keep an eye on him." Kai told them.
" Well I think it's about mechanics. Iridium...what do they need the iridium for?" Bruce asked.
" It's a stabilizing agent." Tony said as he walked in.

Tony finished his conversation with Coulson then turned to the others.
" It means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.I.E.L.D. No hard feelings point break, you've got a mean swing. Also it means the portal can open as wide and stay open as long as Loki wants. Rise the mizzenmast. Jib the topsails. That man is playing Galaga. He though we wouldn't notice but we did. How does Fury even see these?" Tony turned to Maria.
" He turns." Maria told him.

" Sounds exhausting. The of the raw materials, agent Baron can get his hands on pretty easily. The only major component he still needs is a power source of high-energy density. Something to kick-start the Cube." Tony explained.
" When did you become an expert on thermonuclear astrophysics?" Maria asked.
" Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes the extraction theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked.

" Does Loki need any particular kind of power source?" Steve asked.
" He would have to heat the Cube to 120-million Kelvin just to break through the Coulomb barrier." Bruce said.
" Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." Tony nodded
" We'll if he could do that, he could achieve heavy ion fusion at any reactor on the planet." Bruce added.
" Finally, someone who speaks English." Tony walked to Bruce.

" Is that what just happened?" Steve asked.
" No matter where I go I'm surrounded by nerds." Kai put her head in her hands.
" It's good to meet you, Dr. Banner. Your work on anti electron collisions is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of they way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage-monster." Tony told him.
" Thanks." Bruce smiled awkwardly.

" Dr. Banner is only here to track the Cube. I was hoping you might join him." Fury walked into the room.
" I would start with that stick of his. It may be magical but it works an awful lot like a HYDRA weapon." Steve said.
" I don't know about that but it is powered by the Cube. And I would like to know how Loki used it to turn tow of the sharpest mean I know into his personal flying monkeys." Fury said.

" Monkeys? I do not understand-" Thor started.
" I do! I understood that reference." Steve said proudly.
Kai allowed her hands to drop her head and pretended to bang it on the table.
" Shall we play Doctor?" Tony asked.
" Let's." Bruce nodded and they walked towards the lab.

¥¥¥

Kai was walking around the Hellicarrier, waiting for Nat to finish her talk with Loki, when she saw Steve snooping around. Kai furrowed her eyebrows and walked towards him. He was trying to pry a door open.
" What are you doing?" Kai walked up behind him.
" Romanoff." Steve jumped and turned to look at her.

" You can call me Kai. What are you doing?" Kai asked again.
" Doctor Banner and Stark told me something that I want to investigate for myself." Steve told her.
" What did they tell you?" Kai asked.
" Nothing specific. Just hinted, about S.H.I.E.L.D having secrets." Steve said.
" What kind of secrets?" Kai asked.
" Like what S.H.I.E.L.D was doing with the Tesseract in the first place. Do you know?" Steve asked.

" That's kinda above my pay grade." Kai told him.
" I can't help but shake the feeling that HYDRA has something to do with this. So I was trying to look around to see if I found anything." Steve told her.
Kai thought for a moment, the Red Room was born from HYDRA.
" Okay. I'll help you. No need to break the door open." Kai walked passed him and to the keypad to unlock the door.
" Really? Why?" Steve asked.
" You have your vendetta against HYDRA, I have mine. And click boom, here we go." Kai said and the door unlocked.

" How'd you do that?" Steve asked.
" Kinda an expert hacker. Plus I memorized all S.H.I.E.L.D'a codes for everything so." Kai shrugged as they walked in.
Steve jumped onto a crate them up to a railing and pulled himself over it. Kai jumped on the crate and looked up at Steve. He held his hand out for her. She jumped and one hand grabbed his and the other grabbed the railing. He helped pull herself over the railing.

" Impressive." Steve told her.
" Yes, I know. Thank you though." Kai nodded before she started walking towards some crates.
Steve followed behind here.
" I'll take the left, you take the right." Steve told her.
" Aye, aye Captain." Kai nodded and walked towards the crates on the right side.

They started opening crates and looking inside. Kai opened about three or four till Steve called her over. Kai walked over to him and looked him into the crate.
" Oh shit." Kai said as she looked at HYDRA weapon prototypes.