92

Kai waited out a church in London. Nat had gone inside to talk to Steve and convince him to sign the accords and come to Vienna with them. Kai knew he wouldn't. She didn't want him to. Somebody needed to do the right thing, stick i up for what was right. In the Muggle World she was still a minor, she couldn't make her own decisions yet and since Natasha had decided to sign that ultimately and legally made Kai sign as well.

Nat walked out of the church and Kai gave her a questioning look. Nat just shook her head No and Kai's shoulders dropped in relief.
"Come on, we don't want to be late." Nat wrapped her arm around her shoulders.
They started walking to a black car that they would drive to the airport and flew out to Vienna.

¥¥¥

When the Widows arrived in Vienna they went straight to the conference. Nat wore a very sophisticated suit with a skirt. Kai wore a long sleeve black dress with black boots, cause why would she look professional when she can't even make her own choices. She didn't talk much, just followed Nat around and politely smiled at politicians after Nat would pinch her.

"I suppose neither of us is used to the spotlight." A voice said approaching them.
"Oh well, it's not always so flattering." Nat smiled.
"You seem to be doing all right so far. Considering your last trip to Capitol Hill. I wouldn't think you'd be particularly comfortable in this company." Prince T'Challa said.
"Well I'm not." Nat confessed.
"And that alone makes me glad you are here, Ms. Romanoff, and Miss Romanoff, it's nice to see a younger face amongst all these people." He said.
"Yeah well someone has to represent the teenage superhero's of the world." Kai said.
The man chuckled.
"Do you not approve of all of this?" Nat asked.
"The accords, yes. The politics, not really. Two people in a room can get more done than a hundred." T'Challa said.
"Unless you need to move a piano." An older gentleman, King T'Chaka joined them.

"Ms. Romanoff and Miss Romanoff." King T'Chaka said.
"King T'Chaka please allow me to apologize for what happened in Nigeria." Nat said as she discreetly grabbed Kai's hand to stop Kai from saying something about the incident.
"Thank you. Thank you for agreeing to all of this. I'm sad to hear that Captain Rogers will not be joining us today." King T'Chaka said.
"Yes so I'm I." Nat said.
"Please excuse me." Kai let go of Nat's hand, gave them a polite smile and walked away.

Just a second later Nat joined her. Everyone sat down and started the conference. King T'Chaka took the stand and began his speech.
"Everybody get down!" T'Challa suddenly yelled.
Nat pushed Kai down and the side of the building blew up. T'Challa jumped trying to push his father out of the way but it was too late, he was a direct hit. The building was immediately evacuated and Nat and Kai were not shy to jump into action and make sure everyone got out safe. After everyone was out Kai and Nat made there way out as well. They saw T'Challa sitting on a bench. Nat began to approach him.

"I'm very sorry." Nat told him.
"In my culture death is not the end. It's more of a stepping off point. You reach out with both hands and Bast and Sekhmet, they lead you into the green veldt where you can run forever." T'Challa explained to them.
"That sounds very peaceful." Kai said.
"My father thought so. I am not my father." He said.
"T'Challa, task force will decide who brings in Barnes." Nat told him.
"Don't bother Ms. Romanoff. I'll kill him myself." T'Challa stood and walked away.

Nat sighed and her phone started to ring. She answered and placed it up to her ear.
"Hello?.....yeah we're alright. We both got extremely lucky. I know how much Barnes means to you. I really do. Stay home. You'll only make this worse. For all of us. Please.........No. Someone will if you interfere. That's how it works now.......Why?" Nat talked to someone.

"What's wrong?" Kai asked.
"Rogers is going after Barnes." Nat told her.
"Of course he is." Kai shook her head.
"Come on, we gotta go." Nat said.
Kai nodded and they started walking off.

¥¥¥

Nat and Kai arrived in Berlin and got news that Steve, Sam, T'Challa, and The Winter Solider would be arriving soon.
"Ready for one hell of a reunion?" Tony asked.
"I need some Xanax." Kai plopped down in a chair.
"I'm going to wait for them in the hall." Nat walked out.
"Tired little widow?" Tony asked.
"Annoyed." Kai said.
Tony's phone started to ring and he answered it. Kai saw T'Challa, Steve, Sam, Nat and a few federal agents walking into the office. Kai and Steve made eye contact and she smirked. He just raised his eyebrows at her. He knew where her heart truly laid, hell the entire American Government knew that if Kai was eighteen she would have thrown them under the bus as fast as she could've.

            "Consequences? You best there'll be consequences. Obviously you can quote me on that, I just said it. Anything else? Thank you sir." Tony hung up the phone.
            "Consequences?" Steve asked.
            "Secretary Ross wants both of you prosecuted. Had to give him something." Tony told them.
            "Not getting that shield back am I?" Steve asked.
            "Technically, it's the government's property. Wings too." Nat told them as her and Tony walked into another room.
            "That's cold." Sam shook his head.
            "Warmer than jail." Tony said over his shoulder.

Kai walked up to them.
               "Fuck the government. Give me five minutes of no eyes watching and I could snatch your guy's stuff back no problem." Kai told them.
              "Thank you Kai, but I already think you're on a watch list around here. No need to make it worse for us." Steve smiled at her.
              "I'm getting bored of playing double agent Steve." Kai shook her head.
              "Don't worry, soon you'll be making your own decisions and you'll be right next to us in the fight." Steve told her.
              "Yeah, it better be sooner than later. I'm getting antsy." Kai said before walking into the same room Nat and Tony had went in.

    A little while later they watched a psychiatrist talk to Bucky. Kai watched with her arms folded and her eyebrows pinched together. In her chest she felt off, something was off. Maybe it was seeing Bucky again or maybe-maybe it was something else. Suddenly all the lights switched off. Her and Nat exchanged a very similar look.

Kai turned to look at Steve and Sam but they were gone.
           "Natty." Kai tapped her.
Nat turned and saw Steve and Sam's absence.
           "Come on we gotta make sure they don't get themselves killed." Nat said as her and Kai started walking out of the room.
Tony joined them.
            "Please tell me you have a suit." Nat said to Tony.
            "Sure I do, I'm wearing it. I'm off duty." Tony said.
             "Follow me." Sharon joined them before running ahead.
They followed right after her.
             "Someone with a plan, I like it." Kai said.

They went down to the bottom floor and saw Bucky fighting an agent. Then Tony went out and started fighting him and was able to get the gun away from him. When Tony was kicked back Sharon and Nat started in on the fight. When Nat got pinned down to the table and he was chocking her that's when Kai stepped in. She ran and tackled him as hard as she possibly could and they fell. Bucky was quick to raise his metal fist and bring it down. Kai moved just a inch to the side and dodged it then brought her foot up and kicked him in the chin making his head fly up. Kai got up and got into a fighting stance as Bucky regained balance. He looked her and Kai beckoned him to come fight her with her hands.

Before he could he was kicked forward by T'Challa. Kai used this opportunity to check on Nat.
            "Are you okay?" Kai asked.
           "Fine." Nat breathed out.
Kai looked at her neck and it was red as red could be. Suddenly T'Challa came up to them.
           "I lost him." T'Challa bowed his head in shame.
           "It's okay. I'm almost certain I know who has him." Kai patted his arm.

Authors Note: Happy Valentine's Day my loves. Here's your present for me to you ♥️