24

Kai, Harry, Ron and Hermione sat at breakfast the next morning, anxiously waiting for the bell to ring so they could go to DADA. Everyone was buzzing about Mad Eye Moody. Their conversation was cut short when an owl Kai didn't recognize flew to her with a parcel.
" Looks like someone's popular. Receiving packages on the second day." Harry said.
" It's probably from Nat. I don't know she got an owl though." Kai said as she took the parcel.

She undid the brown wrapping paper and saw opened the box. Inside was a pair of black pointe shoes with a red timeglass painted on the front. Kai felt all the color drain from her face. Also inside the box was a card. Kai grabbed it and opened it as her friends started admiring the shoes.

It only got worst when she saw the note inside the card was written in Russian. It read:
Time to come home, where you belong 885.
That's when her heart dropped. Kai looked back up at the shoes. She tore the card in half and snatched the box from Ron's hands.
" What's wrong?" Hermione asked.
" Nothing." Kai said as she put the torn letter in the box and stood up with it.
" Where are you going?" Harry asked.

" No where. I'll see you lot in class." Kai told them before walking away and straight out of the great hall.
She walked all the way down to Hagrid's hut then even past it into the Forrest. Once she felt she was far enough she put the box down and walked away from it. She turned towards it again this time with her wand up.

" Bombardo!" Kai shouted.
The box blew up and little pieces of cardboard, the point shoes and paper flew everywhere. Kai breathed heavily as she stared at the pieces.
Who would send her that? But most importantly how'd they know where she was? Was it Draykov? No, no he was dead, Kai watched him die. The red room was destroyed. It must be someone from HYDRA but who?

The only people that knew what Kai's number were Draykov obviously assigning it to her, Nat and Clint. And the only person that would be against Kai is dead. Kai heard the clock chime from the castle.
" Fuck I'm late." Kai cursed before hauling ass back up to the castle.

After about a two of three minute hike back up the castle and walking to the DADA class, Kai walked in. Everyone turned to look at her as she walked to her seat next to Hermione.
" Sorry I'm late professor." Kai said.
" I'll excuse it this time Miss-" Moody started.
" Romanoff. Kai Romanoff." Kai told him.
" Right. Well Miss Romanoff we were just going over the three forbidden curses." Moody told her.

" Great." Kai said.
" We're on the last one. We've said Imperius and Crucio. Can you tell us what the last one is?" He asked.
" Uhh Alakazam?" Kai guessed.
Everyone chuckled.
" Hm no. Miss Granger?" Mood asked.
" I won't say it." Hermione shook her head.
Moody nodded putting a spider on their desk.
" Avada Kedavra!" Moody pointed his wand at the spider.

A green light hit the spider before it went limp.
" The killing curse. Only one person in history, is known to have survived it. And he's sitting this room." Moody said looking at Harry.
" What the hell did I miss?" Kai whispered to Hermione.

¥¥¥

Harry and Kai laid under the tree next to the black lake. Just reflecting on the day.
" Where did you go? This morning at breakfast I mean." Harry asked breaking the silence.
" I went into the Forrest and blew up the toe shoes." Kai told him.
" Why? They were a gift from someone." Harry asked.
" They were no gift. It was a threat." Kai told him.

" How?" Harry asked.
" They represent something much more sinister than ballet. There was a card with them." Kai told him.
" What did it say?" Harry asked.
" That is was time to come home, where I belong." Kai told him.
" The red room." Harry guessed.
Kai nodded yes.
" Someone's after me Harry, and I don't even know who it is." Kai said.

" Well they'll have to get through me to get to you." Harry grabbed her hand.
" That's what I'm afraid of." Kai admitted.
" Kai, you were with me the entire time last year, when I thought Sirius was after me. I'm not leaving your side till we figure this out." Harry told her.
" Thank you. I appreciate that." Kai said laying her head on his shoulder.

" And you know you don't have to any secrets from me. I'm not going to judge you or anything." Harry said.
" I trust you Harry. I really do. It's just strange having someone other than Nat or Clint genuinely care about me. I'm not trying to be secretive, I'm just used to dealing with things on my own." Kai explained to him.
" Well, I'll make it my life's mission to get you to believe without a doubt that I care about you." Harry told her.

" I think you're life mission is defeating Voldemort and saving the Wizarding World, again." Kai teased.
" That can just be a side quest." Harry told her.
Kai laughed and shook her head.
" You need to sort out your priorities." Kai told him.
" I have. And you're number one." Harry said.
" You need to be stop saying all this sweet stuff." Kai told him looking up at him.

" Why?" Harry asked.
" Cause I'll get attached and you'll never be able to get rid of me." Kai told him.
" Then my plan is working." Harry smirked.
" You weren't this smooth when I first met you." Kai said.
" Well Sirius told me, my dad did have a way with girls back in the day. But he only used it on one girl, my mom. Guess I'm starting to grow into that trait." Harry told her.

" So all the Potters are lover boys?" Kai asked teasingly.
" Only for one. You're my one." Harry told her.
" Well then kiss me lover boy." Kai said.
Harry smiled and lend in to kiss her.