61

Hermione, Ron, Harry, and Kai walked down the stairs preparing to leave the manor.
" What's in there?" Harry asked redirecting his path into a room with hundreds of portraits connected by a tree.
" Look, there's me." Kai said squatting down and pointing at a portrait of a baby.
" How would it have gotten there?" Harry asked squatting next to her.
" I dunno, magic?" Kai smirked.
Harry chuckled and lightly pushed her shoulders.

" Harry Potter, the boy who defeated the dark lord. Friends of mudbloods and blood traitors alike-if my dear mistress was here she would have gone ballistic-" Krecher started.
" Kreacher! Away with you!" Sirius yelled.
" Um-Kreacher could you help me get my bags from my room please." Kai asked.
" Yes of course, Kreacher lives to serve the Nobel House of Black." Kreacher bowed.
Kai and Kreacher left the room and walked back upstairs.

Over the summer, and this winter break Kai has noticed Kreacher is very loyal and fond of her. From the first time they met, it was instantly Kreacher was there to serve her with any thing she needed. At first she just figured, it was just the job of a house elf, but the more she spent time with him the more she started to piece together that Kreacher was loyal to Regulus. And as Kai read her dads diary she realized just how close him and the elf were.

So she took it upon herself to be as kind to the elf as her father was. It seemed to pay off because now, Kreacher does everything for Kai around the house, most times he does it without her even asking. And Kai had to admit she has grown quit fond of Kreacher as well.

Kreacher grabbed her bag and started walking out the room. Kai felt her phone buzz and she pulled it out. It was Nat.
" Kreacher please take the bag down the dinning room, I'll be back down in a moment." Kai told him.
" Yes mistress." Kreacher said before walking fully out of the room.

" Hey." Kai answered the phone.
" Hey Kai, I just wanted to call you before you left back to the land of no technology." Nat told her.
" Yeah for real, we're just about to leave. So you called at the perfect time." Kai told her.
" So how was your Christmas?" Nat asked.
" I was on the phone with you for the most part. But it was really nice. I got a super cool new sweater, and um Harry got me this beautiful necklace with a black diamond. Hermione bought me a book called Fantastic Beast and Where to Find them. Ron got me a can of peas like a prat, don't worry cause I got him a can of pineapples that's filled with dirt. The twins and Ginny got me some sweets. Remus got me a whole new package of pens which I love. Sirius got me a new leather jacket and Andy, Ted, and Tonks bought me new pairs of black ripped jeans." Kai gave her the run down.

" Wow that sounds amazing Kai. When you get home for the summer you can open the presents the Avengers got you." Nat told her.
" Oo really, can't wait. Anyways how was your Christmas Natty?" Kai asked.
" Stark threw a big party at the Tower so that was fun I guess. Would be have better if you were there. Could have kept me entertained." Nat told her.
" Oh I'm sure that Bruce would be happy to entertain you." Kai smirked.
" Except a beating when you get home." Nat told her.

" I love and miss you Red." Kai chuckled.
" I love and miss you too youngling. Bye, have fun at school and don't forget to send me an owl in the next week." Nat said.
" I won't forget. Bye Nat." Kai said before hanging up.
She sighed and placed her phone back her pocket. She missed Nat like crazy, and honestly was super disappointed that she couldn't go home this Christmas. Well that's not true, she could have gone home, but it just didn't feel right to leave the Weasley's at this time.

Kai walked back down the stairs and saw Sirius and Harry still in that room.
" Hey, time to go." Kai said walking into the room.
" Once this is all over we'll be a proper family. You'll see." Sirius told Harry.
" A proper family? Us? I dunno." Kai teased.
" Yes, yes, a proper family. Just me and my two little gremlins." Sirius said pulling them both into a hug.
" You're a gremlin." Kai said.
" Guess we'll just be a family of gremlins then." Sirius teased.

" Well, three gremlins and one werewolf." Remus's voice was heard.
They all turned and saw him walking into the room.
" Sounds like a great family." Sirius smiled at him.
Remus nodded and smiled a little, looking at Sirius.
" Well, bring it in family." Kai opened her arms to Remus to join their group hug.
Remus chuckled and joined them. The four of them hugged.

" Okay, I love you both have a great time at school yeah." Sirius said looking down at Harry and Kai.
" Love you too Sirius." Harry smiled.
" Yeah love you Sirius. Love you Remus. And we out." Kai said before pulling away and walking out.

¥¥¥

Kai and Harry were walking into the castle a day after they got back from break.
" Harry! Kai! Hagrid's back!" Hermione shouted at them.
They looked at each other before turning around and started running towards Ron and Hermione. The four of them ran down to Hagrid's Hut and sure enough the chimney was smoking.

They heard Umbridges voice and peaked through the window to see Umbridge and Hagrid talking.
" What do ya think she's doing there?" Ron asked.
" Probably threatening Hagrid with detention. She likes to do that." Kai said.
Ron snickered and Kai smirked. After a minute the door opened and Umbridge walked out. She sprayed perfume on her then in the air before walking away.

They waited till she was gone to knock on Hagrid's door.
" Oh hello kids." Hagrid smiled as he opened the door.
" Hagrid." They all cheered and hugged him.
" Oh, it's nice to see you lot again too." Hagrid chuckled.
" Where have you been?" Hermione asked.
" And what happened to your face?" Kai asked concerned.
" First come in and sit down." Hagrid said ushering them in.

They got inside the hut, Hagrid shutting the door tight and they sat down. He grabbed a raw piece of steak and place it on his face.
" This is top secret information, right. Dumbledore sent me to parlay with the giants." Hagrid told them.
" Giants?!" Hermione exclaimed.
" Shhh." Hagrid shushed.
" Did you find them?" Hermione asked in a lower voice.
" Well, they're not that hard to find, to be perfectly honest. They're so big see. I tried to convince them to join the cause. But I wasn't the only one trying to win them over." Hagrid told them.

" Deatheaters." Ron said.
" Yes, trying to persuade them to join You-Know-Who." Hagrid nodded.
" And..did they?" Harry asked.
" I gave them Dumbledore's message. I suppose some of them remember he was friendly to them, I suppose." Hagrid sighed.
" And they did this to you?" Kai asked.
" Not exactly, no. Go on, you have it then." Hagrid threw Fang the meat.

They all sat silent and heard the wind howling.
" It's changing out there. There's a storm coming, Harry. We'd all best be ready when she does." Hagrid said.
Harry went stiff and Kai took her hand in his to try and soothe him.