49

The next day Harry went to his hearing and Kai took it upon herself to look around the mansion. She came to a door with RAB on it. Kai realized this was her fathers room. She took a deep breath and twisted the door knob. When she walked in she immediately felt uneasy.

She shook the feeling and walked deeper into the room. The room was filled with green and silver decorations, for Slytherin obviously. The room it's self was a bit plain. A king sized bed that sat in the middle with a black comforter that was perfectly made up with two white pillows propped up against the headboard. A window with green curtains on the far wall with a chest in front of it. A table and chair on the other side of the bed and finally a single white dresser in front of the bed facing it.

Kai walked towards the dresser and noticed three framed pictures sitting on top of it. One of what obviously was her father in his quidditch uniform with an old man, Kai didn't recognize. An old worn out picture of two little boys playing. Regulus and Sirius, so they were actual brothers once. The final one was of Regulus and a girl-her mom, Noah. She was laughing at the camera while Regulus smiled fondly at her.

Kai looked away from the dresser and towards the chest. She sat on her knees and opened it. Dust flew out but Kai just waved it away and started looking. Inside was his quidditch sweater, a few old potions text books, a Slytherin jumper, a few opened letters and a black book. Kai took out the letters and the book. She skimmed through the letters, coming to notice fairly quickly that all these letters were written by her mother to her father.

She smiled at the thought of her dad keeping all of her mothers letters. I mean she did the same with Harry's, saved every last one. Kai then grabbed the book and opened it up the first page. The top right was dated August 31st 1972. The day before he would attend Hogwarts. The whole first page was Regulus explaining how he hoped he would be sorted into Slytherin so he wouldn't get beat like Sirius, but also wanted Sirius to be proud of him no matter what house he got.

Kai felt sympathy for him. Sure, like Sirius never hesitated to mention he was a deatheater and abandoned his family, but this little boy-he didn't.
" Surprised you didn't find this place sooner." A voice said from the door.
Kai turned around and rolled her eyes.
" Leave me alone Sirius." Kai sighed turning back.
She heard footsteps approaching her then felt him sit next to her on the floor.

" I know you're not him. But you are her-and that scares me more." Sirius said holding out the picture of her parents.
" Why?" Kai asked.
" Noah was an amazing person. But she wasn't always the best judge of anything. And she let her emotions rule her life." Sirius told her.
" So?" Kai asked.
" She was fearless, but that got her trouble and ultimately led to her death. And Regulus-you may not be him but you have him in you. I mean you are literally the girl version of him on looks." Sirius told her.

" You're worried I'm going to hurt Harry." Kai realized.
" You're parents were a perfect match. They understood each other, they both knew what the other was capable of." Sirius tiptoed around his answer.
" I will never hurt Harry as long as I live. I will always be on his side and right next to him. I love him, and you mean the world to him-so I try my best not too start fights with you." Kai told him.
" You mean everything to Harry as well. Every time we talk you always seem to come up." Sirius said.

" Then why can't you like me? I mean we have butting personalities I get that. But why can't you just look at me as his girlfriend instead of Regulus's daughter?" Kai asked.
" Because every time I look at you all I can see is him. It's the same with Harry every time I look at him-I see James. I'm-I'm trying to work on it though." Sirius said.
" I know your life was hard. I get it, but that's no excuse to make mine even harder because trust me, mines at full capacity." Kai said.
" I know. And I apologize for last night. Like Moony said, people do terrible things when their afraid." Sirius told her.

" I accept your apology." Kai told him standing up with the book in her hands.
" What are you going to do with that?" Sirius asked.
" I'm going to get to know my father from himself." Kai told him before walking out of the room.

¥¥¥

A few hours later there was a knock at Kai's door. She looked up and placed her fathers diary down making sure to bookmark her place.
" Come in." Kai said.
The door opened and Remus stepped in.
" Harry has just gotten back from his hearing." He told her.
" Oh thank you Rem. I'll head down with you." Kai said standing up and followed him out of the room.

" Sirius told me that you two had a talk today." Remus said as they walked downstairs.
" Yeah we did." Kai nodded.
" Did he apologized for last night?" Remus asked.
" He did. I think we've come to a mutual understanding of one another." Kai said.
" Listen Kai, I know how difficult Sirius can be. If you ever want to talk, I did know your parents as well." Remus reminded her.
" I appreciate that. And you're right he is difficult. I don't know how you ever dated him." Kai said shaking her head.

" How-how did you know about me and Sirius's past-" Remus started.
" Again it's pretty obvious. Also I'm pretty sure he's still in love with you and you're definitely still in love with him." Kai told him before walking into the kitchen.
Remus followed flabbergasted.

" Harry." Kai said.
" Hi love." Harry said walking towards her.
They hugged, Kai wrapping her arms tightly around him. They held each other for a minute before slightly pulling away to look at each other.
" So what happened?" Kai asked.
" It was close at first but ultimately they decided that I was pardoned." Harry told everyone.
" Oh thank god. I was not going back to that hell of a school without you." Kai sighed.

" That still doesn't answer the question of why dementors were so far from Azkaban." Hermione said.
" I'm going to say something but I don't want any arguments." Kai looked around at everyone.
" What is it darling?" Harry asked.
" The Ministry is being controlled by Voldemort. Well not him exactly, but his followers what are they called? Deathbiters? I don't care whatever-they obviously sent the dementors after you. They can't be trusted." Kai told them.

" For once I'm with Kai. The Ministry is definitely shady." Sirius nodded.
" Kai, Fudge is not a deatheater." Remus told her.
" But Lucius Malfoy is one." Kai said.
" We cannot start a fight with the Ministry, they are already trashing Dumbledore." Arthur said.
Kai looked around at everyone. All faithful followers of Dumbledore. She wouldn't be able to win this argument and she didn't have enough information to even have a good argument. So she bit her tongue.

" All I'm saying is that right now, we're the only ones that have Harry's best interest a hundred percent." Kai backed down.
" That I'll have to also agree too." Moody spoke up.
Kai nodded. Something was off. With the Ministry, with Dumbledore, but she needed to know exactly what.

Authors Note: Alright before anyone comes at me with the timeline being wonky I just want to say I know. But honestly it's kinda hard to make these timelines cross with each other they way I want them too. So let's just all pretend it makes since 😭 okay thank you, love you <33