18

Kai and Steve walked into the lab where Tony, Bruce and Fury were.
" What is phase 2?" Tony asked as they walked in.
" Phase 2 is S.H.I.E.L.D uses the cube to make weapons. Sorry the computer was moving a little slow for me." Steve said.
" Rogers we gathered everything related to the Tesseract. This does not mean that we're making-" Fury started.
" I'm sorry Nick. What were you lying?" Tony asked flipping the screen around.

" I didn't want it to be true." Kai sighed.
" I was wrong director. The world hasn't changed a bit." Steve said as Nat and Thor walked in.
" Did you know about this?" Bruce asked Nat.
" You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment Doctor?" Nat asked.
" I was in Calcutta. I was pretty well removed." Bruce chuckled humorlessly.

" Loki is manipulating you." Nat told him.
" And what exactly have you been doing?" Bruce asked.
" You didn't come here because I batted my eyelashes at you." Nat said.
" Yeah and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why S.H.I.E.L.D is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction." Bruce said.
" I'd would also like to know, since I've been kept out of the loop this whole time." Kai crossed her arms.

" Because of him." Fury pointed to Thor.
" Me?" Thor asked.
" Not too long ago earth had a visitor from another planet, who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned." Fury explained
" My people want nothing but peace with your planet." Thor told him.
" Yeah well you're not the only people out there are you? And you're not the only threat. The worlds filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled." Fury said.

" Like you controlled the Cube?" Steve asked.
" You're work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it and his allies. It is a signal to all the realms that earth is ready for a higher form of war." Thor told them.
" A higher form?" Steve asked.
" You forced my hand. We hand to come up with-" Fury started.
" A nuclear deterrent. Because that always calms everything right down." Tony said.

" Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark." Fury said.
" I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep in-" Steve started.
" Hold on. How is this now about me?" Tony asked.
" I'm sorry isn't everything?" Steve retorted.
" And here I was hoping that is was about me." Kai joked, although it went unnoticed-under appreciated more like it.

" I though humans were more evolved than this ." Thor said.
" Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Fury asked.
" No because we don't have the technology." Kai tried again.
" You teat your champions with such mistrust." Thor argued.
" Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats." Nat told them.
" Captain America is on a threat watch?" Bruce asked.

" We all are." Nat said.
" Wait you're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?" Tony asked Steve.
" Stark so help me god of you make one more wisecrack.." Steve started.
" Threat! Verbal threat. I feel threatened!" Tony teased.
" I'm on the list for slaying people with my too tier humor. Although I don't have such a high body count cause sometimes, they go over peoples heads." Kai joked.

Again everyone ignored her and kept arguing.
" You speak of control yet you court chaos." Thor said.
" Chaos. Lovely girl, but one hell mess." Kai said.
"детеныш." Nat scolded.
" I miss Clint." Kai sighed and slumped her shoulders.
" That's his M.O. isn't it? I mean what are we, a team? No, no, no we're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're a time bomb." Bruce said obviously irritated.

" You need to step away." Fury told him.
" Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony asked placing his hand on Steve's shoulder.
" You know damn well why. Back off!" Steve pushed Tony's hand off.
" Oh I'm starting to want you to make me." Tony said.
" Yeah big man in a suit of armor? Take that off what does that make you?" Steve asked.
" Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." Tony said.