104

The next morning, Kai woke up before everyone else. She checked on them, still asleep in the living room. Relieved but not surprised she walked into the tapestry room and sat down in a chair. For some reason she found this room to be comforting, even with all her dead evil relatives staring at her through picture form. After a moment she heard commotion downstairs.

Rushing down she followed the sounds of clatter and shouts to the kitchen. When she ran in she saw Kreacher cornered by Harry, Hermione and Ron.
"What are you three doing." Kai pushed them away from Kreacher and stood in front of him protectively.
"He was spying on us in the cupboard." Harry pointed at him.
Kai turned to look at Kreacher.
"I apologize Mistress, I didn't know you were here with them." Kreacher told her.
"No need to apologize, you did exactly what you were told to do when someone comes in without me." Kai said.

"He would have know you were with us if he had been here last night." Ron scoffed.
Kai sent him an icy glare before looking back at Kreacher.
"Where we're you last night?" Kai asked.
"I'm sorry Mistress but he came and took it. I went out looking for him but I couldn't find him in the dark." Kreacher told her.
"Who took it Kreacher?" Kai felt her hands get sweaty.
"Mundungus Fletcher. Along with a few of your grandmothers jewels." Kreacher told her.
"Will you go and try and find him again, right now?" Kai asked.
"Of course Mistress I live to serve the house of Black and Miss Kai." Kreacher said before disappearing.

Kai turned to look at her friends.
"Sit. We have a lot to discuss." Kai told them.
They all sat down at the table with Kai at the head.
"So I'm guessing your wondering what's going on." Kai looked at them.
"Yeah you could say that." Ron said.

Kai sighed and took a deep breath before explaining.
"I fear I haven't been completely open about my life these last two years. Last year during Easter I travelled to Azkaban to talk to Barty Crouch Jr. He told me that Dreykov was still alive. After he told me that, I-I killed him, so that he wouldn't be broken out of Azkaban by Voldemort. Then during the summer, me and Nat got into a bit of trouble with the government, and the Avengers broke up and a few of us went on the run. Me and Nat ended up finding The Red Room, and destroyed it and killed Dreykov for real this time. However before we did, he captured me and well-when I was younger Dreykov placed a chip in my brain and was able to burn out the nerves that make me feel fear. That was the last surgery I had before I escaped the red room before. The pain was so immense that I completely forgot about the experience until I was trapped again and he burned out the nerves that make me feel physical pain." Kai started.

"That's why you couldn't feel the cut in your arm." Harry realized.
"That's why you weren't affected by the dementor back in third year." Hermione said.
Kai just nodded.
"After that, me and Nat went back on the run, separately this time. I came here. And I decided back in fifth year that I didn't want this place to be filled with so much negativity. So during the summer, with Kreacher's help I redid the entire place and worked on my magic. While cleaning I found the real locket hidden beneath the floor boards of my dad's room. When I showed it to Kreacher he kinda freaked out. But then he explained that back when my father was a death eater, he found out about the horcruxs because Voldemort had taken Kreacher to the cave and made him drink the potion. Regulus went back to the cave and stole the locket. Before he drowned he commanded Kreacher to take the locket and destroy it. He couldn't do it though, no matter how hard he tried, so he hid it." Kai explained.

                    "Why didn't you tell us?" Harry asked.
                    "And risk the letter getting intercepted. I couldn't, I was going to tell you after the wedding but, obviously we had more pressing matters to worry about." Kai told them.
Harry stood up and walked towards her. He hugged her tightly, cradling her head.
                    "I'm so sorry that happened to you my love." Harry said referring to the red room.
Kai hugged his torso in reply.

                                          ¥¥¥

   Awhile later Kreacher still hadn't returned and Kai was growing worried for her elf. And Ron's horrible piano playing was not helping her anxiety levels. She sighed and laid her head on Harry's lap and stretched out on the couch. He held the snitch in one hand and other went down to run his fingers through her hair. It was shorter than he last saw her, but still soft and silky.

                       "They have flesh memory. When the minister first gave it to you I though it might open at your touch. That Dumbledore had hidden something inside it." Hermione told him.
Harry looked at the snitch, an idea started to form in his brain. However the sounds of banging and clashing threw him out of his thoughts especially when Kai shot up and ran towards it.
                      "Kreacher?" Kai asked before barging into the kitchen.
She saw Kreacher holding Mundungus in a head lock and Dobby a elf that worked in the Kitchen at Hogwarts holding onto his leg.

                      "Harry Potter, it's been so long." Dobby smiled.
                     "Get off me!" Mundungus's muffled voice shouted.
                      "As requested Kreacher has returned with the thief Mundungus Fletcher." Kreacher said.
                     "Expelliarmus!" Hermione disarmed Mundungus.
                     "Very good, my dear companion." Kai praised her elf.
                     "What you playing at, setting a pair of bleeding house elves onto me?" Mundungus asked.

     Dobby jumped onto the kitchen table.
                       "Dobby was only trying to help. Dobby saw Kreacher in Diagon Alley, which Dobby thought was curious because usually he's with Mistress Kai. And then Dobby heard Kreacher mention Harry Potters name. And then Dobby saw Kreacher talking to the thief-" Dobby started explaining.
                       "I ain't no thief you foul little git? I'm a purveyor of rare and wondrous objects." Mungundus said.

                        "You're a thief. Hi Dobby, wicked trainers." Ron joined them.
Kai held up her wand at him and wouldn't lower it especially after he nearly jumped at her elf.
                         "Listen I panicked that night, alright? Can I help it if Mad-Eye fell off his broom?" Mungundus tried defending himself.
                         "You left Mad-Eye to die then you broke in and trashed my house. So I will only give you one chance Fletcher. Give me, my locket now." Kai told him as Kreacher poked him with wooden spoon.
                        "I gave it away. There I was flogging me wares in Diagon Alley when some ministry had cones and asks to see me license. Says she's a mind to lock me up. And would have done it too if she hadn't taken a fancy to that locket." Mundungus told them.

                         "Do you know who it was? The witch?" Harry asked.
                         "No, I-" Mundungus started but saw the daily prophet on the ground and picked it up.
                         "Well there she is. Bleeding bow and all." Mundungus pointed to a picture ont he front page.

    They looked at it and Kai's blood started to boil.
                          "Damn, fucking shit-the toads got my locket!" Kai shouted before storming out of the room ready to take it back.