70

When Kai came too she was in the jet with a blanket over her lap. She looked over to the side and saw Nat next to her. Nat lazily looked at her.
They didn't have to speak. They knew what each other's greatest fear was and it just played out in fro t of their faces. Nat opened her arm closed to Kai out. Kai immediately shifted towards her and snuggled into her embrace.

" Where are we headed?" Kai asked her voice coming out a bit strained.
" Safe house. Don't worry, you'll know it when you see it." Clint told her.
Kai just nodded and let her head drop back down again.

" Are you okay?" Nat asked.
" Just peachy Natty. Are you okay?" Kai asked.
" Not the worst thing that I've been through." Nat told her.
Kai just half scoffed, half chuckled as she nodded in agreement.

After about an hour the plane landed and Kai looked out the window. She immediately recognized the house and smiled.
" Thank god." Kai sighed as her and the others walked out of the jet.
Clint led them towards the front door.
" What is this place?" Thor asked.
" Safe house." Tony guessed.
" Let's hope." Clint said as they walked in.

" Honey I'm home. Hi-sorry company. Sorry didn't call ahead." Clint said as Laura walked into the room.
" Hi." Laura hugged and kissed him.
" This is an agent of some kind." Tony said.
" Gentlemen this is Laura." Clint introduced.
" Hi. I know all of your names." Laura smiled.
Then hurried footsteps were heard coming down the stairs.
" Oh incoming." Clint said as Lila and Cooper ran into the room.

" These are smaller agents." Tony said as they watched them hug.
" Did you bring auntie Nat and Kai?" Lila asked.
" Why don't you hug us and found out." Nat said.
Lila ran into Nat's arms while Cooper went to tackled Kai. She just moved to the side a little and gently pushed him down to the ground.
" One day." Cooper said.
" But not today." Kai smirked helping him back up and giving him a real hug.

" Sorry for barging in on you." Steve said.
" Yeah we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea you existed." Tony said.
" Yeah well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off S.H.I.E.L.D.s files I'd like to keep it that way. I figured this would be a great place to keep low." Clint told them.
Nat and Kai merged to Laura.

" How's little Natasha huh?" Nat asked feeling Laura's now huge baby bump.
" She's-Nathaniel." Laura told her.
Kai's mouth dropped opened.
" Traitor." Nat looked down at the bump.
" We already have a little Nat, we don't need two." Laura joked.
" I'm my own person thank you very much." Kai folded her arms across her chest.
Laura and Nat just looked at her.
" Ya know what this is boarder line bullying." Kai said.
Then Thor just walked out of the house.

Kai wanted to question but Lila was pulling at her arms. She smiled down at her and picked her up.
" Kai since you're my favorite child you get to shower first." Laura teased.
" Hell yeah." Kai said.
Lila gasped and placed her little hands on Kai's mouth. Kai's eyes widen coping her facial expression.

                                         ¥¥¥

Kai showered and changed into clothes in her room. Just as she was closing the trunk in her room she saw one of Harry's ties that she had stole. Her hand ached to pick it up and see if it still smelt like him. But she just slammed the truck and sat on the floor. That's over. It was probably for the best anyways, but that still didn't stop tears from building pressure behind her eyes.

There was a knock at the door and Kai looked up.
" Yeah?" Kai asked.
" You wanna come help me, Coop and Lila are gonna work on the porch. You wanna help?" Clint asked opening the door.
Kai just nodded and pushed herself off the floor. They started walking out.
" Hey you alright?" Clint asked.
" Peachy." Kai said before she walked fully out of the house.

                                         ¥¥¥

" Ultron took you folks out of okay to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury explained that night.
" What about Ultron himself?" Steve asked.
" Oh he's easy to track. He's everywhere. The guys multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit." Fury told them.
" What a beautiful image you've painted in our heads Nick." Kai said.

" Hilarious Kai. It still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though." Fury said.
" He still going after launch codes?" Tony asked.
" Yes he is. But he's not making any headway." Fury said.
" I cracked the Pentagons firewall in high school on a dare." Tony said.
" High school huh? I did it when I was eight." Kai said.
Tony rolled his eyes and Kai smirked.
" Well I contacted our friends at Nexus about that." Fury told them.

" Nexus?" Steve asked.
" It's the world internet hub in Oslo. Every byte of data flows through there. Fastest access on earth." Bruce explained.
" So what did they say?" Clint asked.
" He's fixated on the missiles. But the codes are constantly being changed." Fury said.
" By whom?" Tony asked.
" Parties unknown." Fury told them.

" Do we have an ally?" Nat asked.
" Ultron has an enemy. That's not the same thing. Still I'd pay folding money to know who it is." Fury said.
" I might need to visit Oslo. Ding our unknown." Tony said.
" Well this is good times boss, but I was kinda hoping when I saw you, you'd have more than that." Nat told him.
" I do. I have you. Back in the day I had eyes everywhere. Ears everywhere else. You kids had all the tech you could dream up. Here we all are back on earth, with nothing but our wit, and our will to save the world. Ultron says The Avengers are the only thing between him and his mission. And wether or not he admits it, his mission. Is global destruction. All this, laid in a grave. So stand. Outwit the platinum bastard." Fury told them.

" Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Nat teased.
" Ya know what Romanoff-" Steve started.
" So what does he want?" Fury asked.
" To become better. Better than us. He keeps building bodies." Steve said.
" Person bodies. The human form is inefficient. Biologically speaking were outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony said.
" When you two programmed him to protect the human race, you amazingly failed." Kai told them.
" They don't need to be protected. They need to evolve. Ultron a going to evolve." Bruce told them.

" How?" Fury asked.
" Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asked.