78

" I'm killing you Granger, that is if I don't die of hypothermia first." Kai pulled her scarf closer to her as they sat in the stands.
" Oh so this is how the great Russian spy, Avenger goes out? Winter in Scotland?" Hermione teased.
" I don't find you funny." Kai told her scrunching her nose at her.
" You know I'm your best friend and you love me." Hermione said.
" I do love you, that doesn't mean I won't murder you. I'm quite bipolar." Kai crossed her arms over her chest to keep herself warm.

" Well don't murder me, murder Ron. He's the one we are here for." Hermione told her.
" I swear if he doesn't make it I'm going to be so pissed." Kai shook her head.
" Oh he'll make it. He's quite brilliant." Lavender Brown who was sitting in front of them turned around.
" Uh huh..." Kai said.
Lavender smiled before turning back around. Kai looked at Hermione and widen her eyes. Hermione cover her mouth to muffle her laugh.

" Looks like they're starting." Kai pointed to the pitch.
Hermione turned her attention to the try-outs. They saw Ron sitting on his broom by the rings. He saw them and gave them a little wave. The two girls waved back. Kai's attention got pulled away from Ron because Ginny was zooming down the pitch with the quaffle in hand. Kai smiled as Ginny easily dodged all the guys.
" God, I love that kid." Kai said.
" She is amazing." Hermione nodded.

They watched Cormac hit the quaffle away from the rings cockily. When his turn was over her looked over at Hermione and Kai and smirked.
" Ugh, can you believe that? Why would Cormac flirt with you when Harry is the captain?" Hermione scoffed.
" I don't think that was directed at me babe." Kai told her.
" What? What do you mean?" Hermione asked.
" I'm talking about you. He was looking at you." Kai told her.
" You need to get your eyes checked." Hermione rolled her eyes.

They watched Ron go, and saw him almost fall off his broom. Then Cormac got to go again and he was doing really well. On his last one though he completely missed. Kai looked at Hermione and smirked.
" You sly little minx." Kai teased.
" I don't know what you mean, so shush." Hermione told her.
Kai just raised her hands in surrender and they watched Ron go again, and he blocked every time.

Everyone cheered for Ron, some people a little too much *cough* Lavender *cough* Kai and Hermione made their way down to the pitch to congratulate Ron. He was landing right as they got to the middle of the pitch.
" Did you lot see that? I thought I was gonna miss that last one. I really thought I would, but I just turned and boom got it." Ron rambled as he got off his broom and walked to them.
" Yep we saw, we saw the entire thing. We were here the entire time-ow." Kai winced as Hermione pinched her.
She pulled away and rubbed her arm.
" Good job buddy, you've got keeper in the bag." Kai told him.

" Thanks Kai. How'd you think I did Mione?" Ron asked.
" You did brilliant." Hermione nodded.
Ron smiled which made Hermione smile and look down at the ground.
" Hey guys." Ginny smiled walking up to them.
" Gin! You did great." Kai smiled opening her arms up to her.
" Thanks Kai. Ya know had to show these newbies  how it's done. Aye Ron?" Ginny smirked as she walked into Kai's arms.
Kai and Hermione laughed and Ron just rolled his eyes.

Harry silently joined them patting Ron on the back and smiling at Hermione.
" I never see around anymore Kai." Ginny said still hugging her but looking up.
" Believe or not I've actually been attending all my classes this year, and like actually trying to do well in them. I'm actually doing really well in potions this year." Kai said.
" Slughorn is a really good professor." Harry chimed in.
Kai looked at him and he gave her a small smile.
" Uh yeah, a lot better than Snape at least. At least I don't have to get into a argument with Slughorn every day like with Snape." Kai tried be as nonchalant as possible.

" Kai I think this weekend we are going to go to Hogsmeade if you want to join us." Hermione suggested.
Kai hesitated and looked back at Harry. He tried to hide the desperation in his eyes for her to say yes.
" Uh maybe another time, I promised Blaise I'd go with him this weekend." Kai told them looking away from Harry.
" Oh well next weekend then." Hermione said.
" Um yeah that should be fine. But I'd better get going. Good job you three, see you lot in class." Kai separated from Ginny and walked off.

" Mate, you really fumbled the bag with that one." Ginny shook her head.
Harry sighed and nodded.

                                         ¥¥¥

Kai sat in one of the window seats reading her dads diary. She had gotten to his seventh year. Kai needed to make a dreaded trip back to Grimmuald Place to get the last book.
" Oh hello Miss Romanoff." Slughorn approached her.
" Good morning Professor." Kai looked up from her book.
" Doing a bit of reading before class huh? What have you got there?" Slughorn asked.
" Oh well actually it's not a book sir, it's a diary." Kai told him.
" You are reading your own diary?" Slughorn chuckled.

" No sir, this was actually my fathers." Kai showed him the cover.
Slughorn read the monogram on the front. R.A.B.
" Dear where did you get this?" Slughorn asked.
" It was my fathers." Kai repeated.
" I'm sorry I hadn't realized-you, you are Regulus and Noah's girl?" Slughorn said.
" Yes sir. Romanoff is my adopted last name." Kai explained.
" Oh my dear, I had Regulus and Noah in my class and I was their head of house. Oh I loved your parents dearly, your father was my favorite student." Slughorn sat next to her.

" Really?" Kai asked.
" Yes, yes, he was a brilliant potions master. It's where you get your natural gift at potions I'm sure of it. And your mother was good at potions too but I say she excelled in Defense Against the Dark Arts. A feisty gal she was, Noah McKinnon." Slughorn chuckled.
" That's what I've been told." Kai smiled.
" Your parents very different they were. Regulus very much stayed to himself, and Noah was one of the biggest social butterflies in the school, along with James Potter and Sirius Black-your uncle. Oh I heard about his passing I'm sorry." Slughorn rambled.

" It's okay, thank you. Wow, it's nice to know someone that knew my parents so well." Kai told him.
" Oh I have story about a them to last a lifetime. I've just had a thought, in a few weeks I'm throwing a little super party, with a few select students, you my dear are absolutely invited." Slughorn said.
" That sounds great Professor." Kai nodded.
" Great I'll send you an owl with more information. Have a good Miss Romanoff." Slughorn smiled and stood.
" Sounds good sir." Kai smiled back.

Slughorn stared at her for a moment then walked away. Kai actually felt content about that conversation and settled back in to continuing reading. It was a nice change to hear someone talk about her parents so fondly.

Authors Note: Two chapters in one day, cause why not. Love y'all <333