24. DEVON: THE TALK

The impending dread of his visit hung over our heads.

I've only met his father a few times and I could easily say that I hated him. It had nothing to do his manner but everything to do with his personality. The man was a cold-hearted bastard who didn't give a fuck who he hurt in order to get what he wanted.

My arms around Val tightened.

I didn't want her to meet him. He was banished from this pack for a reason. I shuddered as I remember the gruesome scene we had walked in on. My eyes snapped over to David when I heard wood creak. His jaw was clenched tightly and his face pale. I knew he was imagining what could happen to our mate if they ever meet.

"Tell me about the ceremony," Val said softly.

I pressed a kiss against her shoulder. Talking about the ceremony would take David's mind from his father. "The mating couple prepares a feast for the whole pack. It's held in the square where everyone can join."

"There will be dancing while the marks are prepared," David spoke up. "The male would take a seat in a special chair on the stage and his female would dance for him." He shifted slightly.

I tried to imagine what he was imagining. Our Val dressed in traditional wear, slowly making her way up the stage. The drums started to beat their fast bass beats, and then her slim hips were moving in rhythm with the beat. My blood rushed south. Val gasped and glanced at me over her shoulder. I held her gaze for a few seconds before looking away. She shifted, rubbing her ass against my cock. My hands shot down to grip her hips.

"Once the dance is over, the couple prepare to be marked," I continued huskily. "Once they are marked they leave with some elders and travel to the cabin."

"What do the elders to?" Val asked.

I pressed my nose against the back of her neck and breathed her in. The smell of her growing arousal filled my nostrils. I glanced at David. His eyes caught mine. I waited for him to give me a signal. His eyes darted away from mine to hers. David seemed to be waiting for her to make the decision. Whatever he saw must've assured him, because he glanced back at me and gave me a nod.

"The elders help the couple get ready for their night of mating."

I gripped the hem of her shirt and tugged it up. She froze and then leaned forward and raised her arms for me to pull it over her head. Her bra hit the floor next. I tugged her back against me. My hands skimmed up her sides and over her ribs. Val's breathing hitched as my fingers brushed the underside of her breasts.

"W-what happens then?"

David smiled. "The couple starts the mating."

"David," she breathed, exasperated.

His smiled widened. "He feeds her and then he gives her a massage."

I cupped her breasts and gave them a firm squeezed. Her puckered nipples brushed against my palms as I started massaging her perfect globes. Her back arched and a low moan fell from her lips. I pulled away to roll her nipples between my thumb and forefinger.

"He worships her body in every way he possibly can," David rasped. "Then they join their bodies and start the first step of mating."

"W-what's the second?"

I slid my hands down her stomach and to the band of her pants and slowly traced it with my fingers. David stood and kneeled in front of us. He gripped her ankle and tucked on the laces of her boots. The thud of it hitting the floor sounded loud in the silent room. David made quick work of her shoes and socks. He reached up and popped the button of her pants. Excitement rose when he slid the zip down. I watched over her shoulder as he gripped the band of her pants and tugged them down her legs. Once she was only in a pair of white panties he stood and retook his seat.