36. UNKNOWN

He tensed when the car door was pulled open. A second later the woman slid in opposite him. The door slammed closed behind her, instantly cutting off the outside world. He calmly folded his hands on his lap as he waited for her to speak.

"Our plan to grab her failed, sir."

"What part?" he questioned. "Last time we spoke you had informed me that everything was going according to plan."

She nodded. "It was." She swallowed loudly. "The man we send in to grab her managed to somehow alert the pack. Her mates caught up with him."

"Her mates?" he growled. "She's already mated?"

She flinched and pressed herself harder against the seat. The urge to run was strong. The dangerous vibe coming off him made her beast whimper. She wanted to slide down to her knees and beg him to spare her life.

"Answer me!"

"They already had a mating ceremony. She, she—" her voice faded.

He growled. It happened so fast she barely had any time to react before he was on top of her. Hands gripped her neck and a heavy body forced hers deeper into the seat. Warm breath fanned her cheek as he leaned in close.

"She what?" His hold on her neck tightened. "Spit it out, Geraldine!"

"S-she's pregnant."

The man froze. A snarl slipped past his lips. Geraldine whimpered when she felt his sharp claws starting to grow. He pushed himself away from her and fell back in his seat. Material tore as his claws dug into the leather upholstery. The sound that fell from his lips made her ears ring. She reached for the door handle, ready to run, but he spoke which made her freeze in place.

"Kill her."

"B-but the b-baby."

"What about the baby?" he yelled. "She was supposed to be my son's mate, not theirs! She was mine and you send her to them!" He growled. "Kill her or I will kill you."

Geraldine stared at the car as it drove away. Her stomach dropped when she realized just how badly she had messed things up. She shouldn't have sent her away, but she was getting sick and tired of looking after Valeria. She missed her chance of being happy and having her own family because of Valeria. She gave up on her own happiness.

Paper crumbed in her pocket when her fingers brushed against it. Pulling it out, she unfolded it and stared down at the number that was scribbled on it. She hesitated but then pulled out her phone and dialled the number. It rang twice before he answered.

"You said you will give me half a million for information." She paused to listen to what the person on the other side of the line said. "I'll give you all the information you need, but only if you do something for me."