42.LARA: DOING SOMETHING NEW

Lara, I'm sorry sweetness. Forgive me?

I'm getting worried. Please text me back or call me to let me know that you're okay.

Lara? If you don't answer me in the next twenty minutes, I'm driving over there o get you.

David won't let me leave. What's going on Lara? Why aren't you answering me? Is it about the wedding? I want nothing more than to marry you Lara. Please call me.

I love you, Lara.

I stared at the text messages for a few minutes before I locked my phone and placed it aside. My little vacation was going great, but that only lasted for the first five days. It was hell trying to fall asleep without Silas's hard body pressed to my back. Not that I wasn't enjoying myself, I loved hanging out with Mel and Valeria.

Mel was totally different than I had expected her to be. The fact that she was full human like me was shocking. When Valeria had told me that they were best friends, I had expected her to be a shifter as well. Unfortunately I didn't get the opportunity to meet her mate because he had already left by the time we had arrived.

The first day we arrived we just lazed around the house and talked. On the second day, they had talked me into doing some shopping which ended after an hour. My feet were killing me by the time we got home. The third day was spent with Mel while Valeria went out in search of wedding magazines. I wanted to tell her to just leave it because I wasn't sure whether there would still be a wedding or not.

In the end I stayed silent. To be honest, I was enjoying going through the bridal books and making list of things we might need. We had no wedding location or a total number of guests but it didn't stop us. I was having fun until I wasn't anymore.

A sigh fell from my lips as I leaned back against the pillows. My eyes darted around the medium-sized room. The walls were painted white and all the furniture were a dark brown. The double bed was placed against the wall across from a window that had a window seat. Two wall to ceiling shelves stood on either side of the window that was filled with books and a few ornaments. I loved the fact that there wasn't a lot of stuff in the room but it still had a homey feel.

My eyes darted over to my phone. I bit my lip as hesitation filled me. I was dying just to hear his voice.

"What do you say baby?" I asked as I rubbed my stomach. "Should I give your daddy a call?"

There was no answer but I felt a small flutter. A smile slid onto my face. I couldn't wait for my baby to start kicking. Another sigh fell from my lips as I reached for the phone. I dialled Silas's numbed and waited. It kept ringing and just as I was about to hang up, he answered.

"How are you my beauty?"

"Where's Silas?" The last person I wanted to talk to was Ethan.

He hesitated a little too long for my liking. "In the shower."

"Please give the phone to him, Ethan."

"You know how that's going to end, beauty." He muttered something under his breath that I couldn't hear. "Are you okay?"

I swallowed and squeezed my eyes closed. I didn't want to talk to him. We couldn't have a normal conversation because it either ended with us fighting or Ethan being a dick. I missed him too. The more I stayed near him, the harder it was going to be to walk away. Spending time away from him could help me harden my heart towards him.

"I'm fine," I whispered. "How are you?"

"I'm missing you."

"Ethan—"