#1 * MATED TO ALPHAS * 1. VALERIA: MEETING ALPHA DEVON

****** NOTE THESE BOOKS WERE WRITTEN A LONG TIME AGO. IT'S UNEDITED WITH A LOT OF SPELLING AND GRAMMAR MISTAKES *******

"It's going to be okay, honey." She glanced at me from the front seat. "You're going to like it here."

I turned my head to stare out the window again. She always just assumed that I'd like it where ever she decided to dump me. This time I said nothing because there was no use in arguing—it would only leave her in a sour mood.

I'm what you would call a rarity in their world. I was born fully human which meant that I had no genes whatsoever that hinted at my heritage. It was the reason why I had no friends and why I was treated like a stranger in my own pack, but it had worsened when my parents died. People were afraid to include me in their daily activities—not that I'd ever be able to keep up on their pack runs.

Now my aunt was trying to find a pack that would accept me as I am. She wanted me to mate before my eighteenth birthday; that way she could get rid of me and move on with her life. I knew that she was getting tired of taking care of me.

"The Alphas are looking forward to meeting you," she said softly.

This was the first time I heard of two Alphas leading one pack. Alphas were possessive and territorial. They could barely stand to be in the same room for more than an hour. Like my aunt explained during the flight—they once led their own packs, but the two packs merged due to some troubles which were unknown to other packs. Besides, they discovered that they were stronger together.

I should've known about it, but this pack was located halfway across the world. Aunt told me that they had different traditions, and they lived in the woods away from humans. If they were so eager to stay away from them, what would they think of me? I'm human with the knowledge of their existence.

Some of the packs wanted to execute me because of my knowledge of them. I knew they'd do it if they got a chance to.

"Wow."

My eyes snapped to the front. Wow was an understatement. I haven't really been paying attention, but now I couldn't look away.

The house in front of us was decorated with different coloured lights that shone brightly. Some flickered on and off and others changed colour every few minutes. The house itself was just as impressive as the lights. It looked like an old farmhouse with a big wrap-around porch. Everything in the front yard was covered in snow.

"They sure like to celebrate Christmas," my aunt muttered, as she parked the car next to a black pick-up truck.

I swallowed and silently slid out of the car after her. The sound the snow made under my boots as I walked made me wince, I hated it. I hated the cold too. I couldn't change my body temperature like most of the wolves could do. The cold was already starting to seep into my bones, making me wish that I had chosen a thicker jacket to wear. My eyes darted around as I waited for my aunt to finish locking the car.

Tall trees surrounded the house and it seemed to go on for miles and miles. My eyes snapped to the right when I saw movement from the corner of my eyes. A whimper fell from my lips as my eyes landed on the big wolf watching us. It shook out its fur and then took a step closer. I stumbled backward and hit the ground hard. Tears filled my eyes.

"Why do you have to be so clumsy, girl?" A hand gripped my arm to pull me roughly to my feet. "Don't ruin this."

She started tugging me towards the steps. I glanced back over my shoulder. The wolf was still standing there, watching us—or rather me. It looked like his eyes were focused on me more specifically. When we reached the steps, it turned and disappeared into the woods. This was the first time I saw someone in shifted form. Were they supposed to be that big?