24. LARA: MY WORST NIGHTMARE COMING TO LIFE

David led the way into the small airport that stood off to the far left of the landing strip. We had to change flights twice before we boarded the smaller airplane. It was a short but cramped flight to the small airport. My eyes darted around as we walked. The airport and landing strip was surrounded by tall trees. I spotted a few mountains in the far distance too.

Like Silas had warned, it was colder than I'm used to. The moment we stepped off the plane I was assaulted by cold wind. Silas had handed me his jacket without a word. My eyes darted over to him. He was dressed in only a long-sleeved shirt and he didn't seemed to be bothered by the cold at all. I glanced at his father who was dressed slightly similar. Weren't they cold? Silas grew up here so he was probably used to the cold just as his father was.

David pulled the door open and stood aside with a gesture for us to enter. I frowned when Silas pulled his hand from mine and placed it on my lower back. With a gentle push, he urged me to enter the building. He didn't take my hand again like I expected too. His arm slid around my waist to tug me against his side.

"I'll go check the plane in. Won't be long," David said before he walked off to a row of counters to the right.

I watched him until he reached the counters before turning to glance up at Silas. His eyes darted around. He looked uneasy and tensed. After one last glance around the whole place, he finally glanced down at me.

"What?"

I shrugged. "It looks like you'd rather be anywhere other than here."

"I would." He sighed. "We need to talk."

I frowned at him. Unease ripped through me when his eyes hardened. Silas pinched the bridge of his nose and squeezed his eyes closed. He stayed that way for a few seconds as he took deep breaths and slowly blew it out. When he opened his eyes they were blank.

"You're starting to scare me," I whispered.

He gave me a small smile. "I'm sorry. It's not my intention to scare you."

I dropped my forehead against his chest when he tugged me closer. His familiar scent filled my nostrils. It relaxed me slightly but it wasn't enough to calm the unease that was intensifying within me. Silas pressed a kiss against my forehead before pulling away slightly to glance down at me.

"I have two fathers."

"Most people do."

He was already shaking his head even before I finished my sentence. Silas glanced away. He muttered something under his breath and then looked down at me.

"They're both my biological father." He swallowed loudly. "My mother is married to both of them. They're in a Poly relationship. I don't know if that's the right term."

"Oh." I blinked as I tried to digest his words. "Are you worried that I might think badly of you because of it?"

"I don't know." He rolled his eyes. "I'm honestly worried that once you see them that you might decide to run for the hills."

Slipping my arms around his neck, I stood on tiptoes and pressed my body against his. His eyes instantly dropped to my lips when I licked them. I watched in fascination as his pupils dilated. His hand slipped down to my hips. My breath got caught in my throat when I felt the hard ridge of his arousal digging into my stomach.

"I love you," I breathed. "Nothing will ever change that."

He gave me a small smile as he dropped his forehead against mine. "I hope it never changes."

Before I could question him, his lips captured mine. A groan slipped from his mouth into mine when my tongue brushed his bottom lip. Silas let me guide the kiss for a few minutes before he took over. I shuddered when he licked the roof of my mouth before sucking on my tongue. Slipping my hand into his hair, I tugged on the strands.

"I think there's a bathroom down that hall," he whispered against my lips.

"Condoms?"

"I grabbed some before we left."

I pecked his lips one last time and then stepped back to give him a flirtatious smile. "Lead the way honey."

***

I've never been surrounded by so much nature before. The trees stretched for miles on each side of the road. We left the small town behind about half an hour ago. I pressed my forehead against the window with a small sigh. The high from having sex in a public bathroom had faded long ago. Worry gnawed at my insides. What if his parents didn't like me? What if his mother hated me and disapproved of our wedding?

There were so many questions flashing in and out of my mind; however it all faded when the car turned off on a dirt road. The trees instantly closed around us as we drove deeper into the dense forest. I swallowed loudly and sat up. My body jerked when the ringing of a phone suddenly broke the silence. My eyes darted to the front where David reached into his pocket and pulled out his phone. He glanced at the screen, muttered a curse and then answered the phone.

"Yes?" There were a few minutes of silence. "What? Who told him? No, we're almost there."

The car suddenly jerked to a stop causing the seatbelt to dig into me. Curses fell from both men's lips. David threw open his door and climbed from the car. He was instantly followed by Silas. Curiosity had me unclipping my seatbelt and following them. They stood at the front of the car near a shirtless man.

But that didn't hold my attention for too long.

My head snapped to the side when movement from the corner of my eyes caught my attention. The leaves rustled and a second later a large grey wolf stepped out of the tree line. I stumbled backwards when it landed only a few feet away. My eyes widened and a whimper fell from my lips when the wolf started shifting. The last thing I saw was dark brown eyes locking with mine before the world faded into darkness.