50. LUCAS: SECOND-GUESSING

"Are you in position?" Grayson's voice drifted through the earpiece.

"Yes," I muttered as I settled a little more comfortably on my stomach.

"Don't kill him if you don't need to," he said softly.

I pursed my lips and stayed silent. If I had the opportunity to kill the bastard, I was going to take it whether it was part of the plan or not.

"Stick to the plan, kid," he growled as if he could read my mind. "Eva's the one who's going to get hurt if you do something stupid."

My fingers twitched.

He was right.

Oliver had already ruined one of my mates, I wasn't going to allow him to ruin my other, but I had to be mindful of Eva's position.

I wished I had a chance to talk some sense into Eva, but things had happened so fast. We had to move before Oliver slipped from our fingers. The sooner we got rid of him, the sooner Ariana could return to her normal life.

I could hear my mother scoffing inside my head. There would be no normality once I figured out how to go through with her plans.

For the first time since I met the twins, I was reluctant to go through with it. Revenge was what I had been raised to do. I had no plans for the immediate future other than getting out of town. My scholarship had already slipped through the drain since I missed weeks of class.

"They're on the move."

Shaking my head, I forced the thoughts from my mind and focused on the present. Once Oliver was taken care of, I would think about things, but at the moment I needed to be prepared in case Eva needed me.

The meeting was being held in the park—I glanced down at the watch around my wrist—in exactly ten minutes.

It was going to be easy, or so Emeric kept saying.

My heartbeat increased when I spotted Jason's approaching van. There was no sign of Oliver yet but he could show up at any moment.

Emeric was in the truck within a close distance, along with Jason and his friend. Grayson was a few miles away, out of sight but ready for action.

And I, I was hiding in a fucking tree with a sniper rifle and a clear view of where the meeting was going to take place.

I knew that Grayson had a few pack members he trusted spread out around the park.

We were all prepared.

I focused on the van and watched as Jason got out and walked to the back where he pulled Eva out.

Her hands were tied behind her back. Luckily we had managed to find a wig that matched Ariana's hair colour. She could almost pass as her sister.

Almost but not quite.

"Oliver just arrived with his brother," Grayson said. "It looks like it's just the two of them."

"I don't think he's alone," I told him as I shifted the rifle to lock onto them. "He's too relaxed."

It looked like Oliver was enjoying a casual stroll in the park. Next to him, Conner glanced around nervously.

Grayson suddenly started cursing, making me tense.

"What?" Emeric questioned.

"Silas and Devon just pulled up."

Just what we fucking needed, more complications!

Ignoring the conversation between Grayson and his brother, I slid my hand down and lightly pressed a finger to the trigger as I followed Oliver. From what I could tell, he was dressed casually and there was no sign that he was carrying any weapons, but they could easily be hidden under his clothes.