39. EVA: MIXED BREED

A shriek fell from my lips when the shower curtain was ripped open, revealing a very amused Grayson. His eyes dropped and slowly slid down my body and then back up again to lock with mine.

"You're using all the hot water, black sheep."

I blinked at him when his words registered. Was he being serious? I was sure that I had just gotten into the shower like ten minutes ago.

Heat flooded my neck and spread up into my cheeks when I realized that my hand was still between my legs. How long had he been watching me before he decided to make his presence known?

I snapped my hand away but before I could wash my juices from my fingers, Grayson's hand shot out to grip my wrist. My eyes widened when he took a step closer and raised my hand to his lips.

His nostrils flared as he sucked in a breath.

With our eyes still locked—mine wide with surprise and his dark with lust—he slipped my fingers into his mouth and sucked them clean.

Would Lucas ever do that?

As fast as the thought entered my mind, it disappeared because in the next second I found myself smashed against the wall with Grayson's body pressed to my front. His head dipped to my neck where his canines nipped at my skin.

A strange sound fell from his lips when he gripped my hips.

The hairs on my arms rose when I sensed the impending danger. Grayson's mouth was still pressed to my neck and although he wasn't hurting me, my instincts were screaming at me that he was the predator and I had turned into the prey.

Slowly, as not to alert him, I raised my hands and hesitated a moment before I pressed them to his chest. Another rumble fell from his lips but he didn't move.

The moment I felt him open his mouth wider, I pushed him back with as much strength as I could muster.

Grayson stumbled backward and nearly slipped but he managed to righten himself. His head shot up as he growled at me.

I swallowed when his crimson eyes caught mine.

I'd seen his eyes change colour before but there was something different about him now. My claws slid from the tips of my fingers as I prepared myself for a fight. I would fight him if I had too but I hoped that it didn't come to that because I knew that Grayson was a lot stronger than me.

"Grayson," I called softly when he took a step closer, "what are you doing?"

My question made him freeze.

With a shake of his head, he spun around and stormed out of the bathroom. I quickly closed the taps, stepped out of the shower, and grabbed a towel to wrap around my body as I hurried after him.

He was pacing near the open window. As if sensing me, he stopped but kept his back to me.

"Get dressed and meet me in my office," he ordered huskily before he stormed out of the room.

I listened carefully to his footsteps.

He paused only after a few steps and banged on a door.

"Get your asses up and meet me in my office in five minutes." And then he was gone, making my shoulders slump.

Ariana's laughter drifted through the walls towards me. I growled and clenched my fists when it was followed a few seconds later by Lucas's low groan.

My stomach clenched as heat pooled between my legs. It was that sound that had me up most of the night, suffering from arousal. It was what made me get up so early to take a shower where I was trying to get rid of the ache before Grayson so rudely interrupted me.