39. VALERIA: POSSIBLE COMPLICATIONS IN THE FUTURE

"All good." The doctor smiled at me as he pulled his gloves off and dropped them in the trash. "Now all that's left to do is to get your weight up and out of the danger zone."

I took Devon's hand and slipped from the bed. I fixed my clothing and then followed him out of the room and back to the desk. David glanced up and gave me a small smile. I blushed when he tugged me onto his lap. The doctor took a seat behind the desk and smile at us.

"Will, what happened cause complications with future pregnancies?" Devon asked softly.

"No, I don't believe it will. Since she's part human and her body was shocked by the sudden Lycan pregnancy. That's the easiest way to explain things to you. I'm going to tell you what I told Alark and Mel." He leaned forward and placed his linked hands on the desk. "Val is part human but she has Lycan blood. The more you give your blood to her, the stronger she will get. It's a secret some of the elders have kept."

"What if we want to change her?" David asked softly.

My eyes snapped down to his. Change me? I frowned at him. I was already part Lycan so why would they want to change me? Doubts filled my mind again. I thought of all the things I had learned about female Lycan's. They had the same abilities as the males.

"It's possible," the doctor said softly, "but I wouldn't advise it."

"Why?"

"The numbers of deaths are high. Very few survive the change. Giving her your blood every day will be enough. It will boost her immune system, prolong her aging, and make her stronger. You don't need to change her." His eyes darted between the three of us. "The same goes for when you decide to have a family. There is a possibility that the baby might turn full Lycan if she drinks your blood regularly during pregnancy."

Our children wouldn't be weak like me. They'd be strong like their fathers. David pressed a kiss against my cheek, making me glance down at him. He gave me a small smile. I returned it before glancing over at Devon. He was frowning down at the floor. Scratching his chin, he glanced up at me before turning his attention back to the doctor.

"What about contraception?" he asked softly. "Something to prevent pregnancy until we're ready to start a family."

"Right. The best options would be condoms." Both men growled, making the doctor laugh.

I made a mental note to ask them about it later.

"There is the pill, but since we don't have any mixed couples amongst us, we're not sure if the pill would be effective."

"Any other options?"

The doctor leaned back in his chair and reached out to pull open the drawer to his right. He searched inside and then straightened. I glanced down at the pamphlet he placed on the table in front of us.

"The Nexplanon or birth control implant is the best form of birth control I can suggest to you apart from condoms. It's a thin rod that is implanted under the skin of the upper arm. It protects you from pregnancy for up to five years."

David tugged the pamphlet closer and glanced down at it. He was still frowning when he handed it over to Devon. After glancing it over, Devon held it out to me. I hesitated and then took it from him. Uncertainty filled me as I stared down at it.

"Read it, do some research, talk about it, and then decide." The doctor stared right at me as he spoke. "How long will you be staying for?"

Neither one of them answer. The doctor gave us a few more instructions before he got up and followed us out of his office. He bid us goodbye by the door before turning away. I held onto their hands as we walked out of the building. People turned to stare. We were drawing attention and I hated it. A tug on my arm made my eyes snap up to Devon.