44. SILAS: WORRIED AND SCARED SHITLESS

It was easy to locate Ethan. If he wasn't in the training room with the youths, he was in his office. I stormed into the office without knocking. His warning growl did nothing to slow my pace. Storming around his desk, I grabbed him by his shirt colour and pull him up. A grunt fell from his lips when I slammed him against the wall with my forearm pressed to his neck.

"I really want to fucking kill you," I snarled.

Ethan smirked. His body relaxed against the wall. "Go ahead brother. Kill me."

Something wasn't right here. He wasn't fighting me or pushing me away. I frowned at him as he continued to just stare at me. Why wasn't he fighting me?

"You had phone sex with my mate."

He rolled his eyes. "So? We've been over this before, Silas. She belongs to us both."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I yelled.

Ethan pushed me away and fixed his shirt. Giving me a glare, he took a seat behind his desk again and focused on the paper he was busy with before. My fists clenched at my side as he continued to ignore me. The urge to punch him was still there, but I wasn't going to do anything if he wasn't going to fight back.

"She was asking about you," he muttered.

"So?"

He glanced up at me. "So? You wanted me to tell her that you can't talk to her because you're training for the fight I had set up weeks ago?"

I flinched. Yeah, I didn't want Lara to know that I was still going to fight Kyle. The less she knew about it, the better. I had managed to talk my mother into staying with Mel until after the fight. It took a while to get her to agree but in the end she understood. Lara didn't need the added stress of the fight. She already had enough on her plate.

With a sigh, I walked around the desk and sunk down in a chair in front of his desk. My eyes darted over my brother. I took in his pale cheeks and messy hair. Ethan looked thinner. How much weight has he lost? Why was he losing weight?

"Ethan?"

His eyes snapped up to mine. "What?"

I swallowed. "Are you okay?"

His brows dipped into a frown. "What?" he repeated.

"Are you okay?" I questioned again.

"I'm fine." He moved the paper aside and reached for another. "Don't you have to be somewhere?"

"Lara called me," I told him.

His froze and slowly glanced up at me. "Yeah? Is she okay?"

"She feels guilty." His eyes dropped. "You can't keep doing this Ethan."

"Doing what?"

I leaned forward and ripped the paper from his hand. Ethan glared at me and reached for the paper, but I moved it out of his reach. Ethan sighed and leaned back in his chair. His eyes darted around the room for a few seconds before darting back to mine.

"You made up your mind when you chose Avery. You can't keep leading Lara on. When you walk away it's only going to hurt her more. I see the way she looks at you when she thinks that no one is watching."

His eyes widened in surprise. "How does she look at me?"

All I picked up from his question was pure curiosity. I leaned forward with my elbows on the table. Dropping the paper in front of him, I looked him in the eyes before answering.

"She looks at you like she wished she could have you. She looks at you like she wants to walk over to you and—"

The office door burst open before I could finish my sentence. We both jumped to our feet and spun around to face the intruder. David came to a stop when he saw us. He blinked and then focused his attention on me. I noticed the phone he held clutched in his hand.