31. VALERIA: KIDNAPPED

So this was it.

This was how it ended. This was how I died. With a knife pressed against my throat.

I blinked back the tears and tried to focus on my mates standing a few feet away. Their faces were pale and their big bodies shaking. My eyes dropped to the claws that slowly slid from David's fingertips. He was almost panting and I knew it was because he was fighting the shift. They wanted to save me, but the man holding the knife had warned them to stay back. I could feel the blood slowly dripping down my neck from where he had dug the blade into my skin.

My body shook—from the fear and the cold that was seeping into my bones. I was pulled right out of bed. To think that it was supposed to be an ordinary night. I was waiting for my mates to return but it wasn't them who woke me. Something else had, and when I opened my eyes, it was to a dark figure hovering over me with a knife pressed to my throat. He had warned me not to scream, but I had anyway. And that was why he had pressed a cloth over my mouth and nose.

"P-please," I begged.

I wasn't ready to die.

***

12 hours earlier. . .

"Faster."

"Harder."

I groaned but obeyed their orders. I gave them all I had. Punch, dodge, and kick. It was always the same thing but in different orders. But this time I wasn't fighting against Devon alone. David had joined us not soon after we started. Having both of them shirtless with their skin glistering from sweat was very damn distracting. My mouth was watering with the urge to lick their skin and have a taste.

A kick to my back made me stumble forward right into David. He grunted when my body hit his. We were both unprepared. He stumbled backward, unable to steady himself. We both hit the floor hard enough to knock the air from our lungs.

I instantly pushed myself up and straddled his hips. My eyes trailed over his face in concern when he didn't move. "Are you okay?"

"I should be asking you that." Devon walked closer, glancing down at me.

"I'm fine. You didn't kick me hard enough to hurt me." I pressed my hands against David's chest and leaned forward until my face was inches from his. "Did you hit your head when we fell?"

"I'm fine," he finally muttered.

He slowly opened his eyes to look up at me. His eyes locked with mine for a few seconds before dropping to my chest. He growled and reached out to grip my hips. I glanced down and smiled when I realized what a great view he had of my cleavage. The sports bra I wore barely covered anything—maybe it was because it was a few sizes too small. It made my boobs appear bigger than they were.

"A little cleavage turns you on?"

His lips twitched. "Your cleavage turns me on."

"I have small boobs."

David chuckled. "They are a perfect size, doll."

I rolled my eyes and sat back to glance up at Devon. "What about you?"

He frowned as if confused. My eyes dropped to the front of his pants and the visible bulge. Really, that's all it took for them to get hard? A flash of cleavage and they're ready to go.

"Step closer, baby," I ordered Devon.

He moved and stepped closer until his feet brushed against David's arm. Reaching out, I gripped the band of his pants and tugged it down and over his hardening length. He gasped. My eyes shot up to his. I waited for his objections, but he said nothing. My smile widened.