37. SILAS: RESTLESSNESS

Something bad was going to happen. I could feel it in my gut. We had learned from a young age to follow our instincts, and mine was telling me that something bad was going to happen to my Lara. The best option would be to take her and leave, but that wouldn't do any good. I didn't know what kind of danger we were running from or when it was going to catch up with us.

My eyes darted over to her where she lazed on the couch. Her eyes were closed and her hands were slowly rubbing her stomach.

Amazement once again filled me. My seed had taken root. My baby was growing inside her womb. I was going to be a father. I closed my eyes and leaned my head back. Images flashed through my mind. One where our child was already born—a baby—and then a toddler. Another image where Lara was once again pregnant.

We were lucky the first time but there was no guarantee that Lara would get pregnant again.

I shifted from foot to foot as I felt the restlessness slightly intensifying. It would feel great to head outside for a walk, but I wasn't going to take the risk after what happened the last time. I had missed a lot of things during the months I was stuck in the hospital. Thankfully everyone had kept me in the loop—I haven't told Lara that I had heard every single words she and everybody else had spoken to me.

That included the real reason I had been asked to come here. It made me furious to know that my brother and I shared a mate. Fate was playing a cruel game with us—especially since Lara would be the one who could end up hurt.

"Silas?"

I opened my eyes and turned towards her.

"Are you okay?"

I nodded. With one last glance out the window, I turned and made my way over to her. My legs were shaky and I hated it. I felt weak. Nobody had been alerted of my disappearance from the hospital but I knew that it would only be a matter of time before they start searching. Swallowing, I hesitated and then sunk to my knees next to the couch.

"We should call the doctor."

"I don't need a doctor, Lara." I gently pushed her hands aside and placed mine on her stomach. "How long before we start feeling the baby move?"

"Another three or four weeks, I think."

I nodded before lowering my head to press my ear against her bump. My eyes fluttered closed as pain filled me. I wished I could hear our baby's heartbeat just like Ethan. A sigh fell from my lips as my body slumped against the couch. Lara's hand slowly slid into my hair.

"You look sexy with your hair this long," she whispered.

I smiled but it quickly faded. "Did you like it?"

"Like what?"

"When Ethan kissed you."

Her hand froze. Forcing all emotion from my face, I raised my head and turned it to face her. Lara was staring up at the ceiling. She had sunk her teeth into her bottom lip.

"No secrets Lara. I need to know the truth."

"Will it make you angry?" Slowly her gaze lowered to mine.

"No. Tell me."

Lara sucked in a breath and slowly blew it out. I swallowed when I saw the tears filling her eyes. She nodded and then burst into tears. I sat frozen for a few more seconds before moving. Getting to my feet, I slid my arm under her body and lifted her. I took a seat on the couch and placed her on my lap.

"It's okay," I whispered, hugging her closer.

"It's n-not okay," Lara cried. "I don't k-know what's happening to me. I shouldn't like it. I s-shouldn't w-want him like I want you."