13. LUCAS: DEATH WISH

I was beyond fucking furious.

There was no doubt in my mind about who was responsible. I'd seen the struggle in one of the bedrooms upstairs. It could've been from anyone at that party but my gut was telling me otherwise.

My gut was telling me that Oliver had something to do with Ariana's sudden disappearance. Fucking bastard wasn't answering his phone.

I passed the elevator and climbed the stairs two at a time. When I reached the apartment, I pounded on the door with my fists. I stormed in the moment the door was opened.

"Where the hell is he?"

"H-he's not here," Conner stuttered.

I checked all the rooms before I joined him in the living room again.

"Where is he?" I asked again.

"H-he said he was going to the party."

I stared at the boy. His body was trembling in fear. Sweat coated his skin and his eyes darted around the room, avoiding mine.

"Look at me," I hissed as I took a small step closer.

Conner's eyes snapped to mine. He only managed to hold my gaze for a few seconds.

"You have five fucking seconds to tell me what you know."

I silently counted the seconds in my head. I'd reached four when he looked at me.

"I d-don't know anything!" he yelled, moving back.

My eyes dropped to the couch. Pulling one of the pillows off, I threw it aside but before I could rip the material off that hid their weapons, I felt the cold press of a blade against the back of my neck. Swallowing, I slowly raised my head and turned my head to look at him over my shoulder.

"Leave."

"Do you know how to use that kid?"

"Yes. Get the hell out of my apartment."

My hands twitched. The slight movement I made had him jerking back. It was enough for me to grab the dagger and turn it on him.

Conner took a small step back and stumbled over something. Even before he hit the ground, I was on top of him with a hand fisted in his hair to tilt his head back and the tip of the dagger pressed to a vein against the side of his neck.

He swallowed loudly. "I-I heard him talking on the phone," he said before I could start questioning him.

"With who?"

"I don't k-know." His brows dipped into a frown. "He was talking about Mom and Dad. Said he found something about the ones who were responsible for their d-death."

I pulled on his hair and forced his head back a few more inches as I dragged the dagger across his skin.

"If he found someone, where would he take them?"

He swallowed. "I-if it's o-one of those wolf-shifters we take them to the woods."

"Where? I need a location."

"O-Oliver. . .if it's about our parents then he wouldn't inform the other Hunters."

"Give me a fucking location, kid," I hissed.

When he didn't answer, I pressed the tip into his skin and soaked up the sound that fell from his lips.

"Where?" I yelled.

He rattled off an address that I instantly memorized. Dropping the dagger, I pulled my fist back and slammed it into his face a few times. When he was knocked out, I stood and turned back to the couch.