75. SILAS: TRUTH BE TOLD AND LIES BE SOLD

"Ethan—"

"The fight started because of him!" I interrupted. "If he hadn't told Avery such lies then this wouldn't have happened."

Ethan frowned up at me. Before he could speak, mother spoke up. After ordering all of us to calm down and take a seat, she disappeared into the kitchen and appeared a few minutes later with a tray of drinks. I frowned at the tea she held out to me.

"I need something much stronger than that, mother."

"Silas—"

"So do I," Ethan said, getting up and making his way over to the bar to pour two glasses of whiskey.

I took the glass from him and swallowed the liquid before handing him the glass again. "I need you to call the doctor. Lara needs t be checked."

"She got sick again?" he asked with a frown.

"Yes but she's a little better than she was the last time this happened."

Devon suddenly slammed a fist down onto the coffee table—making our eyes snap towards him. "Would someone just fucking explain what the hell's going on?"

I smirked at him. "What do you want to hear, father? I—"

"You changed Lara," David softly interrupted him. "Even after we told you that she wouldn't make it through the change. There are no records of anybody ever surviving a change by bite."

"Wrong." I pointed a finger at him as I walked back to the bar. "None of the records have been recorded here because none of the elders are very fort-coming with information. I can tell you that there are at least twelve records of humans that had been changed by bite in the last six years."

"How do you know that?"

I downed the liquid and even though I wanted to pour myself another drink, I capped the bottle and turned around to face them. They were all waiting for an answer and I honestly wasn't sure if I wanted to tell them everything.

Ethan ended the call and glanced up at me. "He'll be here in half an hour."

"Silas, how do you know all this?" my mother asked.

I rolled my shoulders and walked over to the window. "When I left I travelled around a bit to earn money so I could leave town. I worked some odd jobs at a few packs in the area. They were a lot more forthcoming with information regarding our history. One of the elders explained things to me."

"That's how you knew," Ethan muttered.

Nodding, I turned back to face them. "I knew that the there were a fifty-fifty chance of Lara making it. The chances were higher because she has two mates instead of only one. With both our blood running through her veins, it makes her stronger."

"Both your blood?" Devon questioned, in confusion.

"Yeah, uh. . .about that." Ethan rubbed the back of his neck and stared down at the ground. "You see. . . when you first told me about your theory, I—"

"Lara is mated to both of us," I cut him off. "We completed the mating bond in Ottawa."

The tension in the air was so thick that it could've been cut in half by a knife. My smirked widened when I saw that they had paled. My parents were definitely not expecting that. So Ethan hadn't told them about Lara being his true mate. They all suspected it to be a theory and it ended up being true.

My eyes snapped over to the doorway when I spotted movement from the corner of my eyes. Lara stood there with half closed eyes and her hand clutching tightly at the doorframe. She was completely off balance but it didn't seem to be bothering her.