66. LARA: HONEYMOON

"I'd feel much better if—"

"We'll be fine," Silas assured Devrim. "My senses are a lot better than they use to be. I don't think anyone would try anything. We'll be taking a business class plane. You told me that we need to stay off radar and that's what we'll be doing."

Devrim and Silas stared at each other silently. My eyes darted away from them towards Obsidian who was leaning casually against the car. He had a cigarette hanging from his lips and his eyes were obviously focused on Vanya. A small smile slid onto my face. So she was the one he had feelings for.

"Lara."

My eyes snapped towards Silas. "Yes?"

Amusement filled his eyes. Without saying a word, he wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me against his side. I instantly relaxed against him. We were officially married! We were now husband and wife. I glanced down at the ring on my finger and smiled. Silas wore almost an exact replica.

"Do you have anything you want to do before we leave?" I glanced up at him. "We have about half an hour before our plane leaves."

My eyes darted over to Obsidian again. "I just have to talk to someone. I'll be right back."

Without waiting for a reply, I stepped away from Silas and made my way towards the brooding man. Obsidian glanced at me when I stopped next to him. He sighed and reached up to pull the cigarette from his mouth. To my amusement he actually threw it to the ground and stomped on it. No man had ever put out their cigarette in my presence like he had.

"Hey."

He grunted. Some of my confidence faded.

"How are you?"

He blinked at me. I sighed and then leaned against the car next to him. Mirroring his stance, I watched Vanya like he had been watching her. She was totally oblivious to his gaze on her.

"Just go for it."

"W-what?" he croaked.

I straightened and turned towards him. He was frowning down at me with his lips pursed. I swallowed and then gave him a small smile.

"You know what I've learned since I met Silas?" He didn't answer. "I learned that life is too short to worry about the 'what if's' and live with regrets. You might never get the chance to be with her. When we were at the cliff, what was the first thing you thought of?"

It looked like he wasn't going to answer me, but he surprised me when he answered my question without any hesitation. "Vanya. I thought of Vanya."

"Stop being a pussy," I smirked even though colour was flooding my cheeks from embarrassment. "Take a leap of faith, Obsidian."

I gave him one last smile before I spun around and headed back to Silas. He smiled but didn't ask what I said to him. With a few more goodbyes, Silas and I headed towards the airport building. It was a lot bigger than the one in Silas's home town which I couldn't understand since we were on an island.

Just the thought of his home made pain flash through me. I instantly shook the thoughts away. What happened had happened. Nobody could change that but we could make the best of what we had now. It was time to start our new life together.

***

I stretched lazily under the sheets and sighed.

My body instantly relaxed again. I opened my eyes and blinked up at the ceiling. A few rays of sun were slowly starting to fill the room. One glance at the clock on my beside table assured me that it was still too earlier to get up. I turned my head and smiled when my eyes fell on Silas. He was peacefully asleep on his stomach with both arms stretched over his head and buried underneath the pillow.