38. UNKNOWN: LOCATED/ THE BIG SECRET REVEALED

Unknown

The metal door scrapped loudly against the cement as it was opened.

She winced and blinked rapidly at the light that followed the man inside the sell. He paused just inside the door and smiled down at her.

"I have some good news for you, Ellen," he said. "And then some bad news."

Ellen swallowed a few times to find her voice. "B-Bad news?"

"My men have located your daughter but according to neighbours, she hasn't been home for a few months." He chuckled. "You were right about one thing: her boyfriend is loaded."

"I told you."

"What you failed to tell me was the fact that her new boyfriend is not only loaded, but also a well-known business man," he almost sneered at her.

Ellen stumbled to her feet and risked a few steps closer. "That's good isn't it?"

Before she could react he had his hand wrapped around her throat. He slammed her against the wall and leaned close until his foul breath fanned her lips. Ellen reached up and clawed at his hand when it tightened. Panic hit her hard.

"You better hope that this plan of yours works out. I want my money—every single scent you stole from me. I'll make sure you pay me back, even if you or your precious daughter has to work in my club."

"It'll w-work," Ellen gasped. "I watched them. He would pay a lot of m-money to get her back."

"You better be right."

He smirked and then leaned down to press his lips against her ear. "I hope your plan fails, Ellen. I'm looking forward to seeing my little Lara on stage."

***

Lara

"Lara? Take a bath with me," Silas said as he paused in the bathroom doorway.

I hesitated. Valeria and her husbands were going to stay the night. I understood why she was reluctant to leave. Silas had just woken up from a coma. He was still weak even though he acted like he was fine. I've kept a close eye on him throughout dinner because I felt like he was hiding something. Something was bothering him and whatever it was, was making him restless.

"I had a shower before your parents came," I muttered.

"So?" He turned to face me fully. "Come on, I'll find some candles and light them. I'm sure there's a bottle of champagne somewhere in the house."

I smiled. "No alcohol for me."

His eyes dropped to my stomach and his lips pulled up onto a smile. Silas walked towards the bed and dropped to his knees in front of me. He gripped my knees, spread my legs apart, and moved between them.

"Do you think he can hear us?" he questioned softly.

"I don't know," I whispered. "I like to think so."

"Me too."

Silas tugged my shirt up and over my stomach bump. His lips brushed my skin softly before he turned his head and pressed his ear against my stomach. For a while he just stayed like that. I stroked my hands through his thick hair in silence. He really needed to get a haircut but like I had told him earlier, he looked sexy.

He pressed a kiss against my stomach before glancing up at me. Peculiar eyes darted over my face before locking with mine. "Would you be okay with leaving as soon as the fight is over?"

I licked my lips. "Do you have to fight him?"

"Yes, I can't let this go. He could have seriously hurt you, Lara. I need to teach him a lesson. It's expected of me."