02 : What's Your Name?

Your POV:

His words sent chills down my spine, my breath caught as I inhaled deeply.
"I want to know."

He narrowed his eyes at me curiously before turning back to the road. "Why?"

"You saved my life." I rolled my eyes, stating the obvious.

He shrugged it off as it was no big deal. "I didn't want to see a beautiful girl get hurt."

I raised my eyebrows, kind of disgusted in a way. "What? So you would let an ugly girl get hurt? Is that what you're saying?" I challenged.

He bit his lip, keeping his eyes on the road as he struggled for an answer. "I didn't mean it like that."

I rolled my eyes. "Well can you just give me something to call you if you won't tell me your name?" My tone sounded rude, and I didn't mean it to come out that way.

The man glanced at me, with one eyebrow arched. Almost in disapproval.
I didn't say anything, and my long stare eventually caused him to shake his head impatiently.
"Justin. Call me Justin."

"Is that your real name?" I asked, sounding suddenly interested.
Justin nodded, rubbing a hand over his face tiredly.
"Is your last name McCann?" The question slipped out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"What?"

I hesitated for a second. "Never mind, it's none of my business."

"Tell me what you said." His voice was gentle but demanding at the same time.
His eyes were the same- soft but intimidating.

"I asked if your last name was McCann." My voice was so quiet, I don't even know if he heard me.

"What makes you think that?" He asked flatly, his jaw clenched and his hands tightened around the wheel.

"Because the man that attacked me called you McCa-" I trailed off, not seeing any point in this conversation.

There was silence for a few minutes, until Justin's phone rang loudly, making me jump out of my skin and clutch my chest.
I was so shaken up, almost anything could scare me right now.

Justin groaned and threw his head back against the seat. "Can you find my phone for me? I think it's in my backpack." He said.

I looked down at my feet where a black backpack was lying on its side in the foot space. The sound of the phone ringing vibrated from it, I reached down and unzipped it.

Why is everything he owns black?

I fumbled around inside his backpack, trying to find his phone in the dark. My fingertips hit something cold and hard, and I assumed it was his cell, except when my hand closed around it, I realised it was something else.

A gun.

"Don't touch it, you'll get your fingerprints on it." Justin's voice made me flinch as I quickly let it go.
I already knew he had a gun, why was I even surprised?

I continued to rummage in his bag, surprised that he was even letting me go through his things. I could quite easily report him to the police for some of the things I felt my fingers graze.
Eventually, I found a vibrating device and pulled his phone out from the bottom of his bag.
A girls name spread across the screen, the 'answer' and 'decline' buttons awaiting to be pressed at the bottom.