53 : The Luckiest Man In The World

Your POV

The party was absolutely insane.
The moment I walked through the door, the strong aroma of weed and sweaty bodies filled my nostrils and I inhaled a sharp breath.
Luminous lights flashed blindingly like police sirens, only these were the the neon colours of blues, greens, pinks and purples.
The roar of the music vibrated in my chest, turning my lungs to complete mush.
The beat pounded in sync with my quickening heart rate, and muffled laughter could barley be heard over the top of the explicit rave music.
A DJ moved along with the bass, jamming with some fluorescent blue headphones and an exaggerated microphone.
Young female strippers danced mercilessly on the tables, undoubtedly hired by Matt or Jake.
I chuckled as heavily intoxicated men gazed up at them, practically drooling.
The place was absolutely packed; full of drunk people who were having a genuinely good time as they rocked to the blasting music.

"This is so cool!" I shouted to Jason, barely able to make out my own voice as we emerged into the crowd, with Bella and Clark following closely behind us, observing in awe.
Jason laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer.

"Ever seen anything like it, baby?" He smirked at me, knowing damn well that his party was a success, even though it was barely in full swing.

"Never." I breathed out, unsure if he had heard me as he stopped and turned to face me, pressing his chest against mine and letting his hands rest loosely on my hips.
I reacted instantly and wrapped my arms around his neck, feeling my body naturally sway from the sound of the music. "But it's incredible." I smiled in satisfaction, my lips almost touching his.

"You're incredible." He instantly replied, before pressing his lips hungrily onto mine, kissing me like it was only me and him in the room.
It was quick and needy, and his hands slowly worked their way down and rested daringly on my ass.
I chuckled softy against his lips, enjoying the feeling he gave me.
I loved this man.
And I decided that I loved our daughter as well.

The thought of a family with Jason only made my heart melt and I tangled my fingers in his hair, deepening the kiss as the ear-splitting music pounded and the fluorescent lights flashed.

-----------------

I sat at Jason's home bar, mewling in the neon blue light as my feet stung.
I had been dancing for an hour, before deciding that my heels were definitely not made for an event like this, and taking a break.
The music was still pounding in my ears, but it wasn't at such a loud volume in here, and it wasn't played to the extreme of having to pray that I didn't go deaf.
I propped my elbow up on the counter and rested my chin in the palm of my hand, pouting at Jason as he sat beside me, drinking down his second pint of beer.
He had been served by a hired bartender; who had been serving free drinks to everyone ever since the first song was played.
There were only a few sober people left in the house... me being one of them.

Jason noticed me watching him, and he cocked an eyebrow, chuckling slightly. "What?" He asked.

I sighed and threw my head back, jumping straight into the explanation of my subtle problem. "I want a drink," I complained. "Just one."

"No." Jason said instantly, shaking his head and running his hands through his hair. "I don't mean to be a kill-joy, babe. But you can't. I read a whole article online about pregnant people who drink alcohol." He took another sip of his beer, almost as if he was mocking me. "And it wasn't good for the baby."

I hated the taste of beer, but any kind of alcohol sounded appealing right now.
The atmosphere had that kind of vibe where you just want to completely let loose.
However, I knew the health of my daughter was way more important than having fun at a party.