66 : The Marea Beach Resort

Your POV

My sleep pattern was completely messed up.

And after decided to sleep away the remaining six hours of this painfully long flight, I was woken by Jason's fingers running gently through my hair, which was spilled out over his lap. I knew he hadn't slept, and his body looked visibly exhausted.
"Baby, wake up." His voice rasped in my ears and my eyes fluttered open in reaction.

I looked up at him sleepily before groaning and shutting my eyes again. "Why?" I murmured, earning a soft chuckle from him.

"We're about to land." He declared, before shuffling from beneath me in attempt to get me to sit up.
I sighed dramatically and furrowed my eyebrows in disapproval. I wasn't usually the type of person to continue to sleep once awake, but six hours was not enough to make up for the sleepless nights that I had recently suffered. Reluctantly, I forced my body to move and managed to sit upright in my seat- still partly dazed from the sudden wake up.
Another throaty chuckle escaped Jason's lips, and amusement twinkled in his eyes from the state I was in. He shook his head before pulling a scratchy red band over my lap and clicking in my seatbelt. "You're like a zombie." He mumbled, his lips curling perfectly into a smile.

"Wow, I cant believe my own boyfriend just referred to me as a blood-thirsty dead person who eats brains." I muttered, rolling my eyes and letting my head fall limply onto Jason's shoulder. "Thanks for the confidence boost." I teased, feeling the corners of my mouth turn up.

"It's what I'm here for, baby." He wrapped his arm around my unresponsive body and pulled me closer as the plane quickly descended in the sky. The blind to the window had been pulled down, and I knew that I was missing one hell of a view, but at this point, I was too tired to care.

I pressed myself further against him and dug my face into his chest, suddenly becoming aware and anxious about the events happening around me, but before I could think about the planet landing, my body jerked violently and I knew that we had touched the ground.
The whole vehicle seemed to shake as it rolled down the runway and began to slow down, and the vibrations went right to my head, making me feel dizzy.
I didn't say anything until the plane came to a complete stop, and the pilots voice buzzed robotically through the speakers.

"Thank you for flying with The Royal Garnet Airlines today, I hope you have had a pleasant flight. The time is 4:32 PM and the temperature is eighty-nine degrees fahrenheit. Please remain seated whilst the crew organise your luggage, and enjoy your stay. Thank you and we hope to see you again soon."

——————————

The resort was beyond anything I ever could've imagined.

It was built flawlessly on the white sandy beach, surrounded by dozens of green palm trees. The calm turquoise water rippled subtly as the sun slowly slid down the purple sky, and the warm air wrapped itself around me welcomingly.
The scenery stole my breath, along with my words and my ability to move. I just stood there, eyes glued to the hotel and mouth parted slightly.
Jason seemed satisfied with my reaction, and he reached for my hand and held it tightly in his. "Do you like it, baby?" He chuckled, his adorable dimples clearly visible due to his smile.

"I love it." I breathed out, sinking my teeth into my lower lip to stop myself from grinning like an idiot, but my mouth couldn't help but turn up at the corners. We hadn't even walked through the hotel doors yet, and I was already blown away. "It's beautiful."

I felt both Jason's arms slide around my hips until his hands joined behind my back, he tugged me towards his chest, but kept his eyes fixed on the resort.
More specifically, the name of the resort, which was brightly lit up in shining letters on the building.
"The Marea Beach Resort." He tilted his head before turning it to look at me, the twinkle in his eyes and the smirk on his lips already told me that he was thinking of something. "That's a nice name, right?"

I furrowed my eyebrows and let out a small laugh. "Marea?" I questioned, studying his face curiously. "Yeah, it is." I agreed. "Why?"

He shrugged casually. "I don't know." He shook his head and returned my amused laugh. "I'm just saying... You know, I think our daughter should be named after something special." He stated, biting down on his lip.

I tilted my head to the side and found my smile growing wider. "You want to name our daughter after a hotel?"

"Not just any hotel, babe." He chuckled. "It's the first hotel that we've ever stayed in together, and this vacation is gonna be special as well, I promise."

I furrowed my eyebrows playfully. "We've stayed in plenty of hotels back in America, Jason." I said. "In Lockhart, in Vegas, quite a few after the hospital incident - " I listed on my fingers before he interrupted me.

"Shut up." He rolled his eyes and snickered, shaking his head in a fake disapproval. "You're ruining my theory."

I continued to laugh and wrapped my arms around his neck, closing the tiny distance between us. Marea was a nice name with a fairly nice meaning. But I had something in mind that I knew would mean a thousand times more to Jason; to both of us, in a weird way. "Anyway, I've got a better name." I whispered, and my heart suddenly started to pick up its pace, fearing that the subject would be too touchy or too hard to talk about in a place of such happiness.

"What is it?"

"Samantha."

Jason fell silent and his smile dropped.

His features glazed over with an emotion that I just could not read, and I held my breath.
His body seemed to stiffen, and his arms around my waist loosened.
I bit my lip awkwardly, waiting desperately for any kind of reaction.
Hopefully, a positive one.

I sighed a silent breath of relief when Jason's eyes eventually pooled with some sort of happiness and his lips curved into what looked like a grateful smile. "You would name your child after my sister?" He breathed out, barely believing his own words.

"She's your child as well, Jason." I reminded. "And of course I would, I know what she meant to you."

"She meant the world to me." Jason nodded, his lips tugging up further. My heart fluttered when his arms re-tightened and he pressed his chest further against mine. "And so do you, and so will our daughter."

By this point, I was smiling so hard that my cheeks ached, and before I could tell Jason how excited I was, his lips were on mine and the broken pieces of my heart finally joined together and my stomach scattered with butterflies.

At this moment, I knew...

I was finally happy again.

—————————

Thanks for reading

this chapter was ready earlier except i accident swiped off wattpad and the whole chapter deleted hahah life's hard

remember to vote if you liked