22 : Feelings

Your POV

"I can't believe you did that, Y/n" Jason breathed as I helped him into the car.

I swallowed the lump of guilt in my throat.
"Well, I didn't want you to die."
I should.
But I didn't.

Jason shook his head before I closed the door and got in the car myself.
"That's not what I meant." Jason continued as I found the keys and nervously started up the car.

"Well what did you mean?" I asked without looking at him as I closed both of my hands around the black leather steering wheel in a tight grip.

"You could have left. You could have got away from everything." He said, I felt his eyes burning into the side of my face as I began to drive slowly.

"You passed out. Did you expect me to run?" I murmured as I fixed my eyes carefully on the dark, wet tarmac ahead, I saw Jason shift in his seat.

"Well...yeah. What if I never woke up? You would be free again." He kept talking to me, breaking my concentration.

I only managed a nod as cars over took me from the slow speed I was going at, Jason cleared his throat. "It's okay to drive a little faster, Y/n"

I shook my head, my wet hair clinging to my face. "I've got this." I said, only to jump out of my skin when someone behind me beeped their horn, I realised I was holding up traffic, and after only a few driving lessons, I was not even half confident to drive on a main road, Jason sighed.

"Honestly, Y/n, you'll have to speed up a little if you want to make it home before next week."  He rolled his eyes in the moonlight.

"Don't distract me, Jason. I just want to get home in peace. I'm already shaken up." I bit my lip as silence followed my comment.
And there was nothing but silence for the rest of the drive home.

-----------------

Jason was asleep next to me as I pulled up on his drive. He looked so peaceful, so innocent.

Although he was the exact opposite.

I yawned as I unclipped my seatbelt and reached over to undo Jason's.
It must have been about 3 in the morning and I was shattered. I rested my hand on Jason's black jeans.
The material felt unnatural beneath my fingertips.
I was too tired.

"Jason." I shook his leg a little.

His eyes flickered open and he smiled when he realised I had taken him home and nowhere else.

"Wow. I expected to wake up at a police station." He joked.

I thought nothing of his comment and got out the car, he followed me out, hot in my tracks as I walked up to the door and fiddled with the keys. I felt his breath on my neck and I turned around quickly.

"You owe me Jason." I said with confidence. Pressing my back against the still closed door. Jason rested his hand on it, his arm towering over my head.

"What do you me-"

"I saved your life." I raised my eyebrows at him.

Jason sighed. "You're right. What do u want?" He asked.

I took a shaky breath. "I want a funeral for my parents." I said quietly.

Jason seemed to tense, like he knew something more about my mom and dad's death than he was telling me but he quickly relaxed.

"If that's what you want." He said.

I nodded. "And you have to make it extra special. With hundreds of flowers and a special singer." I went on.