26 : Targets

Your POV

"Prove it." I smirked, licking my lips after he bought me pop corn and candy floss.

Jason raised his eyebrows at me as we walked hand in hand.
"You want me to prove that I never miss?" He questioned.

I nodded. "Yeah."

Jason furrowed his eyebrows. "I'm not just gonna shoot any random person to prove how good my aim is." The humour in his voice had gone.

It made me wonder.
Maybe he doesn't like shooting people.

I shook my head. "No, Jason. I mean you can play on shoot the target and win me a teddy bear." I laughed.

Jason's face softened and he laughed too. "Okay, let's do this." He said as he pulled me towards the stall.

The man was stood with a bored look on his face as to guys left cursing because they didn't win anything before.
"One go, please." Jason said as he fished out a coin from his pocket.

"Which gun?" The man said flatly.

Jason examined the five different guns laid on the table. All of them were fake obviously, but useful to shoot down a cardboard pigeon. Jason picked up the smallest one, the mans eyebrows furrowed.

"Sir, no one has ever shot the target with that gun. It's next to impossible. Are you sure you only want one go?" The man asked, obviously trying to get more money from Jason.

Jason chuckled. "Positive."

The man shrugged. "Okay you have five minutes to hit each target. You have to hit them all to win a prize." He said, speaking through his nose in an irritating voice.

Jason nodded casually as people crowed round, waiting for their turn.

The man pressed a button and the cardboard pigeons began to move and a big red timer flashed at the top of the stall.
Jason jumped up onto the edge of the stall next to all the plastic guns, he watched the timer closely as everyone looked at him in confusion. The owner of the stall's face crinkled up at Jason.

"Sir, you actually have to shoot the pigeons. That's the point of the game." The man said.

Jason glared at him. "I'm aware."

I furrowed my eyebrows as Jason made no effort to even position himself ready to shoot. He swung his legs, turning his nose up in disapproval at the plastic black gun in his hands as the numbers of the timer slowly went down.

Everyone muttered between themselves as the minutes decreased.

Eventually the timer said there was ten seconds left and Jason was still sat one the counter, watching the numbers.
Everyone began to count down. And when there was five seconds left, Jason cleared his throat and stood up, turning to the pigeons and shooting all of them effortlessly in a matter of seconds.

He hit every single one and no one made a sound once the timer had gone off.

They all looked at him as if he was a murderer....
Which he was.

After about 20 seconds of silence, Jason rolled his eyes.
"Yo, where's my prize at." He asked the man, who backed away when Jason walked towards him.

"If you come any closer, I'll call security." He threatened.

Jason furrowed his eyebrows. "The fuck? I shot down all the stupid pigeons to win a prize for my girlfriend. Now give it to me." He demanded.

I didn't know if I liked him referring to me as his girlfriend, but when we were in public, that's what I was.

"Jason, calm down. It doesn't matter about the prize." I said.

"Yes it does, I won it." He protested.

The man looked at Jason with fear in his eyes. "That's the point. No one has ever shot all the pigeons down, even with the easiest gun. You shot them all with the hardest within a matter of seconds." He said, his voice was scared and shaky.

Jason huffed.
"I guess this is my lucky day then. Give me the prize and I'll go."

The man threw a human size teddy bear at Jason.
"Here take it. Now leave me alone." The man said.

Jason handed me the huge teddy and smiled, taking my hand and walking through the crowd of people, who moved out the way to let us through.

"What a drama queen." Jason chuckled.

I sighed as we walked back to our place as it had become dark and the fireworks were about to start in half an hour.

"It did look a little suspicious." I admitted.

Jason shrugged.
"They're not going to know that I kill people for a living are they? I could just be a really skilled huntsman." He laughed.

I shook my head giggling. "They would know you're not. Huntsmen aren't as hot as you." I beamed.

Jason raised his eyebrows at me. "Was that a compliment that just slipped out your mouth?" He teased.

I nodded and rested my head on his shoulder as we walked.

When we made it back to our chosen place, Jason took the teddy bear out my hands.
"I have no idea how this is going to fit in the car." He laughed.

I shook my head. "Me neither to be honest. I don't want it to get muddy so can you take it back to the car please?" I asked, fluttering my eyelashes.

Jason's smile faded.
"But what if you-"

"I'm not going to run away. I want to spend this night with you."

It was the honest truth.
I liked this side of Jason.

Jason looked down at the ground, it was dark but I had feeling he was blushing. Then he looked back up.

"What if someone takes you away from me?" He asked.

I smiled again. "I won't let them."

Jason sighed. "Promise me you won't leave?" He asked.

I nodded. "I promise."

Jason beamed and began to walk to the car, looking back on me every now and then to make sure nothing had happened to me.
I giggled.

I was definitely warming up to him.
I crouched on the floor, waiting for Jason to come back so I could sit on his lap and not get muddy.

I smiled thinking about him. But a familiar voice cut me off from my thoughts.

"Y/n?"

-----------------

I like pizza

Thanks for reading :)