03 : No Place To Play Jenga

Your POV

"I made you breakfast, baby."

Jason waltzed around the kitchen in only his signature gray-sweatpants; which hung loosely and dangerously low around his hips. He was clutching onto a white bowl of my favourite cereal, and he placed it in front of me whilst I sat at the breakfast bar, happily admiring the way his stomach muscles clenched every time he took a step.

"Someone's in a good mood." I grinned, pulling the bowl closer towards me and scooping an overload of cereal with my spoon.
Jason hopped onto the counter casually and shrugged as I literally shoved the cornflakes into my mouth as if I hadn't eaten for days.

"And it looks like someone's hungry as well." He added, raising an eyebrow at me and letting an amused smirk creep onto his lips. I mimicked his shrug and rested my chin on the palm of my hand, looking up at him innocently and gratefully enjoying the lighthearted atmosphere.

"What can I say? I love cereal." I said.

Jason licked his lips and his smirk grew further. "And I love you, does that mean I can eat you every morning?" He winked, purposely trying to make me feel awkward.

It had the opposite effect, and I spluttered, practically choking on my beloved cereal.
"Jason," I coughed whilst laughing. "What the hell? I think that's the worst pick up line you've ever come up with." I squeezed my eyes shut to stop them from watering as I unpleasantly and dramatically tried stop wheezing.

Jason snorted at my reaction, grinning so wide that his deep dimples appeared in his cheeks.
He swung his legs childishly, and sighed. "Eh, I thought it was pretty good." He sniggered, watching me as I desperately reached for the glass of water that was already placed on the counter.

"Fuck you." I croaked as I took a gulp.

He shrugged again, holding his hands up in defence. "I mean, you can if you want," He began, shaking his head and smirking. "But I thought it would be nice to make other plans for today, and we can save the fucking for tonight."

"Stop." I snickered, hitting him on his shoulder, right above his new bullet wound.
He was right when he told me that his wound was nothing; it was literally just a graze, but I had insisted that he should still put a bandaid on it; and the only ones I could find in his medical cabinet were blue with pink octopuses on them, so it was really hard to convince him to put one on. "So, what plans were you thinking of?" I questioned, pushing away my breakfast.

"I don't know, baby." He rubbed the back of his neck causally. "I need to go to the store and get some more food, and then maybe after we could go out somewhere nice."

"Or," I paused, raising my eyebrows and thinking of an alternative. "I can come with you to the store, we can buy loads and loads of nice food, and then we can get a few DVD's and have a movie day." I smiled widely.
Jason and I hadn't had a movie day in what felt like ages, and now that the thought was in my head, I was suddenly craving one, Jason's face lit up at the idea of one as well, and excitement rushed through me.

"Sounds good." He jumped down off the counter and ran a hand through his hair. "I'll just quickly get dressed, and then we can go."

————————

The supermarket was fairly busy, and Jason let out a frustrated huff every time his shopping-cart collided with someone else's, he didn't seem to accept anyone's apologies either, despite the fact that the majority of crashes were his fault. It was no secret that he had little control over the giant basket on wheels, but I was too amused to offer to take over.

"So," I tapped my chin as Jason hopelessly steered the cart around a sharp bend into another isle. He hissed and cursed under his breath when the end of it bashed into a stack of baked bean cans and caused the superiority of them to topple over. I sniggered before turning my head back towards the shelves and studying the selection of fattening desserts. "Ooh, angel delight." I grinned, picking up two packets and instantly contemplating whether to pick strawberry or butterscotch. "Jason, baby, what flavour do you want?" I called, glancing at him and feeling the corners of my lips pull up at his effort to re-stack the green cans.

"Um, whatever you want." He mumbled uninterestedly as he delicately balanced one on top of the other, attempting to form some sort of tower. "Get both if you can't decide." His concentrated eyes didn't look at me.

I shrugged. "Alright then."
I lightly walked over to his cart and tossed them in, before raising an eyebrow at his sudden dedication to stack the beans; which on any usual occasion, he would've just left to be cleaned up by the store workers.
I patted him on his back and he flinched, appearing paranoid that his creation would topple. "Come on." I laughed. "The supermarket is no place to play jenga."

"I knocked them over," He admitted, turning to me with at least six cans of beans collected in his arms. "I read an article online about karma, and now I understand why my house was broken into last night."

I tilted my head. "I'm not really sure that stacking baked beans is the solution to your problem but whatever." I chuckled.
He rolled his eyes and shook his head adorably, before ignoring me completely and proudly finishing off his stack.
I bit my lip once he was done and watched as he re-wrapped his hands around the handlebars of the trolley. "Who even were those people last night?" I questioned.

Jason shrugged. "Fuck knows what their names were." He mumbled. "But they were part of a new gang that I started doing business with around two years ago. Apparently I owed them money; which was complete bullshit because I know better than to borrow cash from gangs. Anyway, I was tired and they had no right to break in; which is why I killed them." He winced and hooked his teeth on his lower lip, some form of regret flashing in his eyes. "The same gang keeps sending people to our house at night, demanding money, and none of them make it out alive." He shook his head. "The gang leader is a fucking idiot, that's for sure."

"Why can't you just tell him that there's been some sort of mistake?" I rubbed the back of my neck as we slowly began to turn into another isle.

"It's not really that simple." He said, before stopping and pulling a long packet of biscuits from the shelf, obviously hinting that he wanted to drop the conversation. "I like these." He smiled, looking at me with a pleading stare like a little child begging his mom to buy him candy.

"Get them then." I laughed, snatching them from his hands and throwing them into the trolley which was already stuffed with piles and piles of unhealthy junk that neither one of us actually needed.

"Fuck, baby." He returned my hilarity. "We're gonna be fat by the end of the week." He stated, staring at the overload.

"We'll work it off." I chuckled and waved my hand dismissively, and Jason raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, but will we?"

"Probably not." I muttered as I pulled another packet of biscuits from the shelf and tossed it into the trolley. "Hey, I'm just going over to the cake isle, I'll be right back." I said, quickly pecking him on the lips and beginning to walk away, but he called after me and I turned around to see him pouting.

"Why can't I come with you?" He asked, propping his elbows up on the thin handrail of the trolley and resting his chin on the palms of his hands.

"You can if you want." I shrugged. "But good luck trying to get that trolley from one end of the store to the next." I smirked as I spun on my heel.

"Good point."

——————————

Thanks for reading