71 : Not-So-Happy Birthday

Your POV

I awoke to the feeling of Jason's lips trailing slowly down my neck and to my collar bone, making me shudder as I instantly came to my senses.

I blinked hard against the golden sunlight which leaked through the closed blinds of our window, and I let out a quiet muffled sound as I pulled myself out of my slumber.

We were both tangled in our soft white bedsheets, intertwined, in our own bed as morning birds chirped from outside.
We had arrived back at home only two days ago and had lazed around ever since.

Realising that I was awake, Jason continued to plant gentle kisses on my body, which felt achy and stiff -
The result of a fun night.

"Happy birthday, baby girl." He whispered against my skin, resulting in my stomach to erupt with butterflies.

My lips curved upwards, and I pressed by body further against his, wanting to feel closer.
"Thank you, baby." I mumbled, my voice coming out raspy and croaky.

A comfortable moment of silence passed, and it was so peaceful that I could've fallen back asleep, until Jason's raspy voice sounded pleasantly in my ears.
"You're gonna love what I've bought you." He chuckled, digging his face into my collar bone so that I could feel him smirking.

"You already bought me a vacation." I laughed softly as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "You don't have to spend loads of money on me."

"I'm rich, stop complaining." He mumbled, before slowly raising his head to meet my eyes. "And the only reason I work for all that money is so that I can buy you nice things." He titled his head, a perfect grin curling on his lips. "And things for Samantha, obviously."

I chuckled and let my fingers crawl up the back of his head and tangle in his messy hair. "She's gonna be a lucky girl." The thought of Jason cradling our new born child in his arms literally made my heart melt. "You're gonna be a great dad." My smile couldn't help but tug up further to the point where my cheeks began to ache.

Jason pecked my nose. "Thanks baby." He grinned, before pushing the white sheets away from his body and swinging his legs over the side. A slight draft made its way under the blanket and nipped at my nude flesh, causing me to shudder. "Wait here." He said.

I pulled the covers above my shoulders. "I wasn't planning on getting up anyway." I mumbled humorously. "But where are you going?"

"I'm gonna make you breakfast, you want pancakes?" He asked as he pulled out a pair of gray sweatpants from the drawer and tugged them up his legs.

At the mention of my favourite breakfast, I'm pretty sure my eyes literally lit up.
"I didn't know you cook."

"Well," He shrugged casually as he fiddled with the pull-string and managed to tie it into an untidy knot. "You learn something new every day, baby." He winked, before pacing over to me and pressing a quick kiss on my forehead. "I'll be right back."

———————————

The pancakes were burnt, but beside that, the day was beyond perfect.

Jason and I lazed around in the living room all day, wearing sweatpants, eating pizza, watching films and literally being buried in fluffy blankets.
We made a bet that if I could find a film that made Jason cry, he had to let me borrow one of his cars for a whole month.
After making him watch Titanic, Fault in our stars and even John Q, I pretty much gave up.