36 : I Fell In Love, Mrs Bloomer

Your POV

Something's wrong with me.

I knew it from the moment I stepped inside my house and Jason drove away, disappearing out of my life.
The lock on my door had been snapped, and I was pretty sure that unthinkable amounts of my belongings had been stolen.

I couldn't look at anything without practically dying inside.
Jason's empty beer can was still sat on the table, covered with cobwebs and a thick blanket of dust and playing cards were scattered all over the floor.

Everything I looked at, reminded me of Jason.

The memories of my family suddenly became blurred and faded.
Whenever I glanced at the couch, I didn't remember my step-dad, screaming at the Tv as he watched the soccer match, instead, I remembered Jason, stretched out casually only hours before my life dramatically changed.
Whenever I glanced at the refrigerator, I didn't remember my mom re-installing all the groceries, but I remembered Jason, sticking his head inside and searching for a can of beer.

How easy would it be to call him and tell him to come back and get me?

I pushed away the thought, trying to only think about the way he ignored me when I was hopelessly roped to a bed whilst a hungry bastard stared down at me like a piece of fucking meat.
I shuddered at the memories of him forcing me to pleasure him, and the cuts on my arms only reminded me more.
These would leave scars.
Jason hated my scars.
He had made that pretty clear.

Despite the fact that I was now in my own house, I didn't feel at home.
The air was chilled, as no one had paid the heating bills whilst I was gone.
I doubted any of the water worked, or the electricity.
In the darkness, this house now felt abandoned and almost haunted.

I couldn't stay here.
Nor could I go running back to Jason.

I knew exactly where to go.

I stepped out the house and began walking down my street, pulling my hood over my head so no one would see what a state I was in.
I had walked down this street millions of times before, but it felt unfamiliar now.
Everything felt unfamiliar.
Even the houses that homed all of my lovable neighbours seemed different.

"Excuse me," an irritated voice sounded from behind me. "That house is an important part of this neighbourhood, and trespassing is not only illegal, but insanely disrespectful to the Y/l/N family."
I spun around on my heel and my eyes met with a familiar, dumpy lady in a checked apron.
Her brown hair was scraped back into a bun and her round cheeks were pink with an overload of blusher.
Her dark eyes instantly welled when she saw me and she covered her mouth with her hand.
"Y/n?"
Mrs Bloomer.
The forever cheerful woman who lived two houses away from me and was insanely talented at baking, especially apple pie.

I shrugged weakly, surprised she even recognised me from the state I was in.
"I guess so." My voice cracked and I mentally kicked myself.

"Oh my god, honey!" She cried. "Come here." She pulled me into one of her famous hugs.
She was talented at hugging people as well, but I guess that's because she was practically a human cushion.
I loved Mrs Bloomer like an aunt, but I was too mentally broken to even feel the slightest bit excited about seeing her.

"It's good to see you again." I whispered, pulling back and biting my lip, trying to keep my tears from falling.

"Oh Y/n," she shook her head. "I can't believe you're here, and alive! Everyone thinks you're dead. A memorial tree was planted in the park for you. Oh gosh, what happened to you?"
She was obviously talking about the way I looked- a mess.