31 : The Truth

Your POV
Jason pressed his ear against the door. "He's in there," He muttered. "But he's not alone."

"Who's he with?" I kept my voice quiet as we stood outside Brett's bedroom, drowning in the anxiety and tension.

"Probably another member of the Damnation," he shrugged. "Guess we'll have to find out."
He stepped away from the door and wrapped his hand around my wrist, as if I was falling and he was determined to hold me up.
"Do as I say in there, okay?" His eyes were filled with a mix of anticipation and panic as they drilled into me.

"Okay."

Jason took a deep breath and twisted the door handle, and pushed it open violently.
Two men were stood inside, completely stunned at Jason's sudden arrival.

Jason's hand tightened around my wrist. "Give me the money, and no one gets killed." He spat.

One of the men seemed to relax, and he was completely unaffected by the fact that a gun was dangling from Jason's hand.
"So glad you're here McCann, I've been expecting you." He gave Jason an evil smile and he walked closer.
I assumed the man was Brett.

"I want my files and money back." Jason demanded. Squeezing my hand tighter.

The man began to circle us, but neither of us moved. I squeezed my eyes shut.
Not wanting to see the actions about to take place.

Eventually, I managed to block out both Jason's and Brett's voice.
It was just me.
Not seeing anything.
Not hearing anything.
Not moving.
Nothing.

And I must have been like that for a while, because I was snapped out of my trance when an arm swung around my neck from behind.
The cold feeling of metal pressed against my temple.

A gun.

Every heartbeat seemed to bring it closer, my eyes trailed across the room, one of the members of the damnation was sprawled across the floor in a pool of blood- undoubtedly dead.
Jason tossed his gun, it spun over the wooden floor, taking every ounce of hope with it.

"Don't hurt her. I'll do anything." He said.

My eyes widened.
Was he surrendering?

I felt Brett's breath on the back of my neck and he pushed me forward with out loosening his grip. "Move." He spat.

Jason backed up slowly without drawing his eyes away from me.
Brett tightened his arm around my neck and nodded from Jason to an open closet with a steel door.
"Get inside."

Jason stepped into the tiny space without hesitating. I couldn't believe he was obeying.
I waited, feeling my heart bang violently against my chest.

A second passed, then another.

One hard shove and I stumbled into the closet.
Jason instantly pulled me toward him. We were trapped in a tiny room, not even a closet.
Nothing but bricks surrounded us, and the sound of screeching metal rang in my ears as reality came into view.
Brett was locking us inside.

Jason locked his arms around my waist. "I've got you. You're okay."

"We won't be able to get out." I breathed, as Brett locked the steel door.
I looked up in time to see Jason's expression change from relief to terror.

Jason pounded his fists on the metal. "Open this fucking door, you son of a bitch!" He yelled.

"Jason, he's not gonna let us go." I whispered, my voice echoed back at me.

Jason stopped fighting and turned to face me. He wrapped his arms around my neck and pulled me against him.
"It's gonna be okay." He tried to sound convincing but our bodies were too close to lie. His heart was pounding even harder than mine.
My head rested against Jason's chest and I listened to the sound of his breathing.
I could hear his heartbeat.
He leaned down, his mouth on my ear.
"I'm not gonna let anything happen to you. I'll get you out somehow."

I took a deep breath, my face still buried in his shirt.
I just nodded, too frightened to know anything. "Wait! The radio!" I suggested.

Jason shook his head. "We're practically in a wall. We won't get any reception."
I squeezed my eyes shut, trying not to cry. Jason took in a shaky breath.
"Don't worry, when we don't show up, everyone's gonna come looking for us." Jason told me.

I shook my head and tears spilled down my cheeks. "Why is this happening?"

Jason's heartbeat sped up even more, and a painful silence lingered for a while until he spoke. "I'm sorry." He whispered.
I pressed my face against Jason's chest and tried to catch my breath.
"Y/n, are you crying?" He pulled back, trying look at me even though there was no way he could see me in the dark.

"No."

He pulled me tighter, resting his chin on the top of my head.
"I know you hate me, but I'm just terrified of loosing you." He croaked.

"I don't hate you." I whispered.

Jason took a shuddering breath. "You should. After all the things I've done to you, I don't even deserve to be in the same room as you. I've fucked up so bad, Y/n."

I laid my palms against his chest.
"You're not all bad."

Jason's breath caught. "Is that what you think? If you knew the truth, you would never say that. I fucked up. Worse than this..." his chest heaved. "Worse than anything."

I reached up and touched his damp cheeks. "It can't be that bad-"

Jason caught my wrists in his hands and held them tight.
"It is that bad. If you knew what I've done, you would never look at me again. Sometimes I can't even sleep at night, because of the things that I've done." He was coming apart, the way I had so many times.

But my feelings for him suddenly felt stronger than ever.
"Jason, whatever it is-"

Jason exploded.
"I killed your parents."

------------------

Thank you for reading :)

Btw I'm so sorry I took so long to update, I was grounded because I snuck out to meet a boy and my mom and dad really don't like him.

Lol, I love you.