36 : Nothing

Your POV

Music pounded in my ears as we entered the club.
Dancing, sweaty bodies brushed past us as we emerged into the sea of flashing lights, alcohol and smoke.
"Stay by my side." Jason ordered, shouting over the music and grabbing my wrist and holding it tight.

I snatched it away adamantly and scowled at him. "I'm not a child." I yelled, unsure if he could even hear me over all the noise.
The way he narrowed his eyes at me confirmed that he did.

"Stop being so goddamn stubborn," he snapped, retrieving my wrist in his hand and holding it tighter than he ever had before. "This isn't your regular club, if you stray too far you won't make it out alive."

"Stop trying to scare me, because it's not working."

Jason rolled his eyes impatiently and turned to Kaine. "When's Luke getting here?"

"Should be here now, bro." Kaine replied with a shrug, snaking his tattooed arm around Alara's waist.

Alara had already managed to turn more than a few heads. She wore a slick black sparkly dress and black heels. Her dark hair was loosely curled and her winged eyeliner was dramatically perfect.

I looked nothing but out of place.
Jason had refused to let me wear anything appropriate for a nightclub.
He knew that Luke wanted me, and he didn't want to take any chances by letting me wear a skin-tight dress.
However, I didn't want to look like a tramp who shows up to a club in her sweat-pants,
so I tried to make the effort by putting on some white skinny jeans and a black tank top.
Although, even looking like I was just going to the mall, Jason glared at anyone who even looked in my direction.

"Call him." Jason said.

Kaine nodded and dug around in his pockets to find his mobile.
Jason turned to face me again and his stony expression had been replaced with a look of worry and concern.
"Y/n, I don't want you to get hurt. So please stay right next to me so I can-"

"Right," I interrupted. "I guess it's all fine because Jason McCann is here to save the day once again." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm serious."

"Kinda don't give a fuck." I shrugged.

Jason suddenly grabbed my shoulders and held me firmly in front of him. "For fucks sake, Y/n. This man is dangerous and he fucking wants you. Do you not get that? I'm not letting you go, not now and not ever. If I have to give my life to protect you, I will. So be a little more cooperative, will you?" He said the words harshly, but his expression didn't match.
He was hurt.
I was hurt.

We were hurt because of each other.

--------------

Luke looked identical to the guy who forced me against the fence and tried to rape me all those months ago.
His piercing eyes gave me chills and I realised how right Jason was.
He was truly dangerous.

We sat down in the shisha lounge on the red velvet chairs.
My heart pounded as the man stared right into me, a smirk spread across his malicious face, and a dimple played in the corner of his mouth.

Jason immediately noticed him staring.
"Stop fucking looking at her." He seethed, grabbing my shaking hand and holding it in his lap.